Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Um, is this a HUGE bug or intended or my game just messed up?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Kulinski View Post
    AFAIK this is no FPS issue. (Funnily enough, back then this also was our first assumption.) What happens is that physics steps basically take more time than they should in order to keep a usable physics update rate. This is only dependent on the CPU.

Looking at the issue, this bug isn't as critical as for the PC where with an inferior CPU you weren't even competitive in TT. There were even speedups for superclocked CPUs. All XBoxes are the same, so you'll have a level playing field. If you ask me this should be looked at though, maybe by now it has become an easy fix.

Reported to WMD: http://forum.wmdportal.com/showthrea...f-AI-opponents
    I'm not sure what, if anything, can be done but thank you for reporting it and at least making them aware (If they weren't already). I'm trying to be as positive as I can throughout these issues and the only real way to do anything about it on my end is continue to do testing on stuff like this. I REALLY wish there was a way that the "community" part of this game could be extended to the Xbox One and PS4 communities.
    The following user likes this Post: Patrick Kulinski

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Since it's almost always accompanied by massive FPS drops and stuttering I think it's a pretty safe assumption the the 2 are related in some way or another. You can't say it's not because of the FPS drop and ignore that it may be caused by the same thing causing the FPS drop. And if you've played with it and dealt with your car becoming uncontrollable and having to restart races you might think it's more "critical." At the low end of the spectrum you lose time off your lap and the AI beats you. At the high end your controller input gets so lagged that you plant you nose in a wall and don't even get to see them beat you.
    Last edited by z3r0cool77; 17-05-2015 at 01:05.

Platform
    PC
    I want to emphasize that with a propability of 99% (finger in the air guess) this is no FPS issue. The physics calculations are completely independent from the graphics, the latter only is a representation of what happens in the physics engine. Just think that on the PC we can have the FPS in the sub-40s with unreasonable graphics settings and yet all is fine in the physics engine, running at rock-solid 600Hz if the CPU is good. The throttling the Husker Fan observed supports this theory since more AI means more CPU load.

And I also want to state my feeling that on the XBox this should be more or less a cosmetic issue. Time Trial isn't affected as it seems, as opposed to our old problems on the PC, and the AI also isn't affected in races (not sure what happens in practice session, simulation sessions could be prone to being buggy though due to them being way faster than you). The also shouldn't be problems with online racing as we're having a 16 vehicles limit (due to other reasons).

Homework for you guys: If you want to test the issue in Time Trial, take a car to a track and go around the track with constant 60kph. If the time corresponds to the track's length all is fine. F.e. for Oschersleben (3.69km) you should have a lap time of approx. 3:42mins then. If this isn't the case shit got real and we have to dig really deep.
    Last edited by Patrick Kulinski; 17-05-2015 at 06:40.
    There's no "I" in "team", but there's a "we" in "weapon".
    --- 5% Club member --- former TGC member and steward --- RSR member --- Steam Name: Mortimer8701 ---
    Gigabyte H77-D3H | Intel Xeon E3-1245v2 (4x3.4GHz) | Inno3D GeForce 970 iChill X4 Air Boss (4GB[-0.5GB]) | 8GB DDR3-1600 | Win 8 Pro x64 | Thrustmaster T500 RS /w F1 rim | HTC Vive
    System Drive: Sandisk Extreme 120GB | Storage drive: WD Green 2TB (pCARS space) | Case: Coolermaster HAF 912 Plus | Power supply: Corsair GS600

TIP: If you post your system details in your signature, you will help make it easier to identify potential hardware/driver related issues.
    To edit your signature, click Control Panel (top right corner) and in your control panel, look under the My Settings header on the left for Edit Signature.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I want to emphasize that with a propability of 99% (finger in the air guess) this is no FPS issue. The physics calculations are completely independent from the graphics, the latter only is a representation of what happens in the physics engine. Just think that on the PC we can have the FPS in the sub-40s with unreasonable graphics settings and yet all is fine in the physics engine, running at rock-solid 600Hz if the CPU is good. The throttling the Husker Fan observed supports this theory since more AI means more CPU load.

And I also want to state my feeling that on the XBox this should be more or less a cosmetic issue. Time Trial isn't affected as it seems, as opposed to our old problems on the PC, and the AI also isn't affected in races (not sure what happens in practice session, simulation sessions could be prone to being buggy though due to them being way faster than you). The also shouldn't be problems with online racing as we're having a 16 vehicles limit (due to other reasons).

Homework for you guys: If you want to test the issue in Time Trial, take a car to a track and go around the track with constant 60kph. If the time corresponds to the track's length all is fine. F.e. for Oschersleben (3.69km) you should have a lap time of approx. 3:42mins then. If this isn't the case shit got real and we have to dig really deep.
    I will try this later and report back.

This video shows how the time is clearly lost. The lap timer counts with no slow down yet the game shows a slow motion effect. This happens to me every single race at Brands Hatch whether its career or online.

http://xboxclips.com/Sharky%20Hughes...a-f95d41a7957f

I wish with the xbox controller I could have that much contol over the wheel to turn in that slowly
    The following 2 users likes this Post: ermo, Patrick Kulinski

Superkart Pilot

it definitely seems like a cpu issue like with assetto corsa with to many ai. But since the xbox has an apu they are probably related some how. I'm wondering if this is also affecting the ai in the rain races. Curious if ps4 has the same issue?

Platform
    PC
    I wonder... Why do developers even care to do games for Consoles, and I also could never understand why people even buy them. This is all just way too much work for the devs, instead they could develop features for the PC.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Because there are people , like myself, that prefer gaming on consoles.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    bump... this is some A+ documentation of one of the biggest issues (IMO) on the platform. It's more than just cosmetic to me because I spend most of my time in the practice and qual sections of my career, tweaking and tuning until I feel like i've got it as close to perfect as I can. It would mean a lot more to me if those times actually counted for something other than just my placement on the grid for the race. I don't necessarily want to have to jump out and go repeat a great lap in TT if i just nailed it in qual or mid-race.

edit: if this has been addressed by a dev elsewhere, could someone link me to it? i don't see it in the known issues post, unless i just don't understand the wording
    Last edited by Apoc112; 01-06-2015 at 17:34.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Bobbydakid, stux, turbohondaej1

Platform
    XBOX1
    Just watched those videos, that's unbelievable, well spotted too. The devs have been great since release and i have no doubts it'll be fixed.

Now i must go and set some faster lap times on my own. Yus!
    Former regular of FMUK

Platform
    XBOX1
    I've noticed the same issue myself, it's downright awful in a lot of cases. Really needs fixing. This is a racing game, you can't slow the damn thing down...
    XBL: Azzawon // PSN: ARusling // Steam: Azzawon // Twitch: Azzawon

Thrustmaster TX Wheel & T3PA Pedals