Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: T300 RS Dead?

Kart Driver

T300 RS Dead?

Hi Guys!

I know it has nothing to do with pCARS, but I think my T300 RS just died on me, it won't power up.This forum has so many sim enthusiasts. Maybe one of you has experienced something similar? Anithing I can do to bring it back to live? Such a bad timing... I bought the wheel specially for pCARS release! (((

I've contacted Thrustmaster but got no reply..

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Thrustmaster also has phone support. I was able to contact them the other day to walk me through firmware installation. Not sure how you attempted to contact them but I was able to talk to a rep within 5 minutes. Hope this helps. Sorry about your wheel...

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Good luck . I bought one which was supposition new off ebay. And it didn't power up either . I could here a small hum when it was plugged in from the inside but that's it. Just sent it back

Kart Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by superchargedk20 View Post
    Good luck . I bought one which was supposition new off ebay. And it didn't power up either . I could here a small hum when it was plugged in from the inside but that's it. Just sent it back
    Mine has the small hum that you refer to, but nothing happens... Such a shame.

Thanks, guys!

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Yep this just happened to me. Last wed. High pitched noise and then power light went off and won't come back now. Kinda sucks. Emailed but nothing yet. Gonna call tomorrow

Kart Driver
    I've tried contacting them via Facebook as well.

Please update the thread when you get some news on this. I hope it can be fixed without waiting for a replacement.

WMD Member
    Platform
    PS4
    This happened to me on release day with a new T300rs, got as far as the pcars loading screen!
    First try it on a pc to see if that recognises the t300, if not go to thrustmaster website and look for the bootloader (something to do with pressing L3 R3 when booking up) if that doesn't work its dead.
    You have checked the plug fuse!? Could be fuse.
    If it is very new then deal with the shop, they should pick it up and send you replacement pretty fast.
    Hope you get it sorted
    PC
    PS4
    Wheel G29 - Playseat Evo
    Steam Dereenigne
    PSN Dereenigne
    The following user likes this Post: Efill4ziggiN

Kart Driver
    I don't have a (windows) PC at home, what about a mac, you think it should recognize it? I've tried it, and nothing happend. The light on the wheel is not litting up. I've tried different power outlets too. It might be the fuse in the wheelbase itself, but I'm hesitant to take it apart because of the warranty.

WMD Member
    Platform
    PS4
    Does sound just like mine, no light. Not recognised by computer. I would of thought it works on a mac.
    To Do the bootloader thing it has to be recognised so I think yours is dead too.
    Fuse in the plug lead not inside the unit. Worth a try.
    PC
    PS4
    Wheel G29 - Playseat Evo
    Steam Dereenigne
    PSN Dereenigne
    The following user likes this Post: slovoflud

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Ya so here is my update. I sent email 2 weeks ago. No response. I called yesterday and she said she would send me troubleshooting steps. Never got any, Called again. "We are super busy and will have it to you by end of day". Still Nothing. Called today and another lady is sending me boot loader steps and if that doesn't work we will start repair process. The tech support has nice people just hard to get anything done right.

FYI i work for a tech company myself and know what I'm doing to diagnose issues properly. Just need to do all the rif raf for them I guess before they will actually fix the issue that I believe the internal power transformer has died.

For future reference to help anyone out there that has issues. This is the Email I have received.

"We begin by thanking you for your interest in Thrustmaster products.

We would like to ask you to please make sure that you have the latest drivers installed on your PC:
    http://ts.thrustmaster.com/download/...014_TTRS_3.exe

Very important: The switch must always be set on PS3 when connecting the wheel to the PC. Please also check that the power cable is correctly plugged in, as shown in the attached picture.

Proceed with updating the wheel’s firmware as instructed in the link below:
    http://ts.thrustmaster.com/download/...cedure_V24.pdf

If the wheel is still not recognized, proceed with connecting the wheel in boot mode, as instructed in the document below:
    http://ts.thrustmaster.com/download/...24_Dec2014.pdf

Proceed with testing the wheel’s functionality on your PC, under Game Controllers Panel. First, make sure to place the switch to PS3 before connecting it to the PC. You can get there by pressing and holding the Windows button while pressing once the "R" button from your keyboard; type "joy.cpl" and press "Enter". Then double click on the name of the wheel that will appear in the new window. In the Game Controller Panel verify if each command responds properly to your actions - buttons, axes, pedals.

Take your time to do a thorough inspection of the device.

The User Manual is available at the link below:
    http://ts.thrustmaster.com/download/...GTE_manual.pdf "
    Last edited by LHturbo; 20-05-2015 at 16:31.