Thread: Batman had the Joker....

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1

Batman had the Joker....

Super Man had Lex Luther....Why do we have so many cars with no racing rival? The Mustang T/A car is all alone. The Sauber Mercedes, the Mercedes DTM, the Lotus 49, actually all of the open wheel cars. GT3 has a whole bunch of rival cars, GT4 also. There are 2 two Group 5 cars.

Dont get me wrong here. I'm a big fan of all the racing cars in the game (not so much road cars) but to each his own, I just see so much potential for awesome rival races in all series.

Imagine racing Lotus 49's against Gurney Eagles, Brabham 54's and dare I say it? Ferrari 312's. Or T\A Mustangs against Corvettes or Camaros.

Lots of potential there. Every one has a wishlist for their hero cars in the game, and I'm sure SMS would like to include as many as possible.

This is not a wishlist here. Simply asking those whose job it is to select and model these cars to keep in mind those famous rivalaries instead of just a mix of cars because they are popular. My rant for today....Charles
    The following 3 users likes this Post: DayGlow, vowthyn

Platform
    PC
    Oh these guys know about all the great rivalries and every great car in history, but it can be hard to get them due to licensing and costs of attaining them
    CPU:i7 3770k @4.4ghzGPU: KFA2 670 OC 4gb RAM: 16gb DDR3 1600hz OS: Windows 7 64bit Wheel: G25 HDD: Samsung 500GB SSD 840 EVO Monitor: Hazro HZ27WC 27" 1440p Car: MG Rover 25 Gamepad: XBoxOne Pad
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Roger Prynne

Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    + time frames and lack of funds.
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 385.69)| Displays: 55" LG 4K UHD TV @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim mod springs (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few helpful links for you

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Most, like myself, would probably be happy to pay for DLC so that we get the cars we want. Hell, I'd pay a bucket load if they offered up the full BTCC grid.
    Also, with BTCC not being in any other licensed game, surely it couldn't be that expensive? It's like a supply and demand situation. There is no demand for them at all.

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    I'm guessing that's what will happen hopefully. Series / era DLCs that flesh out the areas that you like. Base game has a good sample across the board.

Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by tweaked9107 View Post
    Most, like myself, would probably be happy to pay for DLC so that we get the cars we want. Hell, I'd pay a bucket load if they offered up the full BTCC grid.
    Also, with BTCC not being in any other licensed game, surely it couldn't be that expensive? It's like a supply and demand situation. There is no demand for them at all.
    You'd be surprised.
    Licencing is really expensive.
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 385.69)| Displays: 55" LG 4K UHD TV @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim mod springs (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few helpful links for you

Umer Ahmad
    Once some of the big boys (Chevy, Nissan etc) are brought in we should have some more inter-class battles.
    The following user likes this Post: XTRMNTR2K

Platform
    PS4
    It's not always the cost that stops licensing, sometimes manufacturers put restrictions on how that license is used, and sometimes these are things that are key to a game.

As for price, a certain large Italian marque is hundreds of thousands of dollars.
    The following user likes this Post: Roger Prynne

Platform
    PC
    This is a new IP. Manufacturer licensing is hard for a new IP. That's why you don't see so much competition. There are also constraints in time ect.

It had been suggested to have engines/chassis for some classes during development but the main focus was completing the game also. There is a lot of work involved.

As such try to remember games like ToCA 2 and ToCA 3. The GT classes were fairly full in those games, but even though there was a great many disciplines. The licensing for other cars in them was lacking. So of the 20-30 disciplines there was around 15 spec series. All the way up until Grid, Grid2 and Autosport.

This is the first game in an IP. It's not a one-off game. The developers are trying hard to launch a series of titles. As such it could have taken eight years, had all these extra cars and licenses, costed more, and been one game. Or taken four years and had less cars and licenses but shown what it CAN do with them and what it CAN become and maybe we'll see more manufacturers coming.

Assuredly already the developer holds some big licenses. Such as the 2015 Indycar license. Which they certainly won't ignore having.

Give it time. Be patient. This is an endurance race

The cars now are great as it is. Sure some series are scant, but at least there is fair enough variety in choice in the game.
    Self Proclaimed Captain of the WMD Debate team. Unofficial WMD spellchecker. I once corrected The Stig!

Gaming System ASUS FX502VM Gaming Laptop
    7700HQ i7
    6gb 1060 GTX
    8GB DDR4L
    1TB 7200RPM Primary HDD
    1TB WD Passport Backup HDD
    Wheels: Fanatec GT3 RS V2 (RIP) Logitech Driving Force GT (RIP)
    Thrustmaster T150 Ferrari Edition
    CSR Elite Pedals
    Xbox One Controller

SteamID:Shin321