Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where's the sense of grip? What's going on here?.....

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by yusupov View Post
    im aware, but you can manually input the settings into the version same as PC users, is what im saying. in fact i thought OP said he had done something like this, thats why i wanted to confirm it was the jack spade settings.
    Those settings wont do much as the FFB is just not working correctly. Something is not translating to what we should be getting. Its easy to tell by playing on PC and then going straight to playing on X1. Something is broken.
    PC - The Ultimate Racing Wheel Stand Thingy - Tuborg Beer 'It's got Class" lit sign - Generic Home Depot retracted light system - Ikea POANG - Various Wall Posters from Michaels - Holmes "2 Cool" Twin Rotor Fan
    i5 4460 - EVGA GTX 960 SSC ATX 2.0 - 1GB HHD Toshiba 7200RPM - 32" Sony Bravia 1080p - Thrustmaster TX w/ F1 Rim

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I have the latest firmware and the grip is way too light with pretty much zero ffb!
    The following user likes this Post: mossback rossi

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by yusupov View Post
    are the PDF files youre using the jack spade settings? these are percar settings that will vary but have x/y/z/mhz & SOP settings which give a very solid FFB result imo; if you have those settings & it feels terrible to you, it may just not be the game for you. itll take a lonnnnngggg time & be a total b%tch to implement on console but as long as it saves its really worth it, trust me
    Yes, Jack Spade settings, those are the docs I'm referring to. Perhaps they improved the FFB a little bit, but there is still something seriously amiss there. It has nothing to do with it not being for me, it just handles poorly. It sounds like SMS is well aware that the Xbox1 version is off and they're working on a fix.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    After putting some more time into the game and messing with the sliders AGAIN I can confidently say this game handles poorly. Unlike some on here I am receiving FFB stimuli, but I'm only sensing it subtly on curbs and tire chatter, but there is still absolutely no feel of grip or the lack thereof. Many times I hadn't even realized I had lost it until I saw the trails of smoke in the mirror. That's just too subtle. That's just no fun. I'm turning the wheel and the car goes around the track, but I have no sense of connection to the road. It's obnoxious to provide all these fancy settings, when the game handles so poorly.

It's just isn't worth playing.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: HEF51, mossback rossi

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    all i can tell u is w/ those tweaks its not like that on PC there must be something seriously wrong w/ the xbox version :/ im sure it will get patched but i cant believe it launched on xb1 if the ffb is broken like that

if you didnt put in the SOP set, that is the one i use & would recommend, but tho i havent tried the standard if you tweaked all those files &* still think ffb is crap its probably not worth it...
    Thrustmaster TX/CSR Elites/TH8a Shifter
    980OC/5820k@4.5/8GB DDR4@2400(stock)/WINDOWS 10
    The following user likes this Post: HEF51

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I am with you guys, my XB1, with a fanatec CSW v2 wheel is the same, floaty, disconnected, no sense of grip. Occasionally in high speed corners with the downforce turned up you can feel the wheel resistance that is missing everywhere else on the track. I will take some of what is suggested here and apply it to see if it helps but I have spent HOURS and HOURS of time tweaking to get the feeling back in the car and pretty much nothing works.