Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joining session in progress changes default camera view

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4

Joining session in progress changes default camera view

Fanatec CSR/756/CSPv1/helmet cam without helmet

I just joined an online session in progress and my default camera view has been reset to bumper cam. I don't even have a button assigned to change view. There is no permanent setting to select a view that I can find, so I assigned a button, went to free practice, cycled back to helmet cam, then exited the session thinking the game would remember. No joy, now I'm stuck on roof cam. Not only have I given up a button that could be put to better use, I also have to manually cycle through to helmet cam at the start of every session. Is there a better way?

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    If you get switched to bumper cam you wont be able to switch the camera anyway. When you try the game will crash. At least thats what is happening to me every time in this scenario

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    Could it be host forced view?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by bent_toe View Post
    Could it be host forced view?
    It does it in free practice and single race modes as well, I should have clarified. Every time I return to pit box or start a new session the game randomly selects a camera view, there is no way to lock it or save it to stay in helmet cam. Very frustrated as I had just gotten the button assignments customized the way I want them and now I'm giving up a button that I shouldn't need, and sitting on the grid I'm fiddling with cycling to the correct view instead of focusing on the lights and getting a good start.
    Last edited by flatspunout; 17-05-2015 at 16:54.

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    No. You can only force inside view. Im pretty sure that change to bumper cam is a bug

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Update: just joined another session in progress to discover the button I assigned to change view (verified before I joined the session) has been un-assigned.

Platform
    PC
    I have encountered the same problem on PC several times, but unlike you the change view button is still assigned. Must be a bug, I think.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    This has gone from a mild annoyance to a right pain in the butt...I do my best to finish every race I start, and I had to quit three in a row tonight sitting on the grid because I'm locked to bumper cam and I'm not running 10 laps at Sonoma from six inches off the ground. This happens ONLY online; in free practice and single race I can cycle back to cockpit view no matter what random camera the game selects for me.

Platform
    PC
    Try this (suggested to me in another post): don't touch your switch camera button until you have received manual control when driving out of the pits. Or even better, wait until after the first corner, and then press the switch camera button. So far it always worked for me.
    Last edited by hagar147; 25-05-2015 at 20:14.
    Operating System - PC / Alienware / Windows 8.1 64-bit
    CPU - Intel Core i7 4790 @ 3.60GHz
    RAM - 16GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz
    Graphics - 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 Ti OEM (NVIDIA) - Triple Acer KG271bmiix 27 inch (5760x1080p)
    Steering Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula Black

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by hagar147 View Post
    Try this (suggested to me in another post): don't touch your switch camera button until you have received manual control when driving out of the pits. Or even better, wait until after the first corner, and then press the switch camera button. So far it always worked for me.
    dvc is correct. I've discovered that when I get the locked view bug, a game crash is coming shortly. I've sent probably a dozen reports to Sony over the weekend.
    Last edited by flatspunout; 26-05-2015 at 02:41.
    PS4 Standard / 50" Vizio / Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 / Clubsport V1 / CSR Shifter / Tritton Warhead