Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pit Stops.....needlessly complicated

Platform
    PC

Question Pit Stops.....needlessly complicated

So Ive been playing on PC since the Steam release, and on Xbox since US release. Ive played all game modes, and had enough time in game to safely say this.

The Pit stop setup Is so needlessly complicated and broken, its infuriating. Countless times I've gone into the pit only to find out my Pit Strategy has changed from the last session and I am now not getting the Tires I want or need. Ok, so Ill just make a point to make sure the Active Strat is right before each race....No Problem right, wrong. I did a race last night where on the Default Pit Strategy my pit crew put Wets on my car, In the dry. Ok that's inconvenient let me go around and Pit again and correct that, By the time I have to select EVERY TIRE individually and save it then hit close, I was out of time and the crew didn't even change my tires. So I had to mozy around the track AGAIN, getting lapped AGAIN to put the tires I needed on the car. This happened two separate times in the race to the Grand Total of 7 Pit stops. Not only that the crew fumbled 3 out of 4 wheel nuts EVERY TIME!!

Now I get that there are quite a few other bugs and glitches and problems your working on, but PLEASE PLEASE change this on console. It is way too complicated and confusing for everyone. My suggestion is to have a quick menu

Change Tires-Yes/No
    Tire Compound- XXX
    Fuel Load- XXX
    Fix Damage-Yes/No

As it stands right now theres not enough time to navigate all the sub menus you have in the current Pit Menu. If you go to View Saved and change your default Pit strat, it doesn't change until you save that and hit close? Or am I missing something. I welcome input on this, If IM doing something wrong please tell me, but I still think we need a quick pit menu. Its so much easier.

Platform
    XBOX1
    ^^^^Everything he said happened to me. No need to write it again.

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Agreed. Its happened to me a few times, its annoying.

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Does anything work properly on this game?

GT5 Pilot Dynomight Motorsports's Avatar
    Platform
    XBOX1
    this is what happens when you put the PC version over to the console with little-to-no Testing! Obviously they think we are using a Keyboard when driving. I have 13 buttons on my wheel but it will only let me map 4, and the directional pad. WTF?
    The following user likes this Post: robnroll88

Platform
    PC
    Not to mention if you have the closest pit box on a short pit. Don't even have time to change your settings. The Pitting is extremely borked right now.
    PC - The Ultimate Racing Wheel Stand Thingy - Tuborg Beer 'It's got Class" lit sign - Generic Home Depot retracted light system - Ikea POANG - Various Wall Posters from Michaels - Holmes "2 Cool" Twin Rotor Fan
    i5 4460 - EVGA GTX 960 SSC ATX 2.0 - 1GB HHD Toshiba 7200RPM - 32" Sony Bravia 1080p - Thrustmaster TX w/ F1 Rim
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Dynomight Motorsports, Raven403, robnroll88

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I don't see myself as an amateur but I certainly don't feel a need for all of those different options, perhaps it should be customisable? I totally agree with the tyres, alright keep the different options but give a slot to change them all at once at least!

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    My game pauses when I edit my pit save during a pit stop.

Platform
    PC
    On PC with a mouse and keyboard its a little easier, but even on PC, the Pit Strategies don't save from session to session, so you go from quali-race it resets to whatever pit strat is at the top, and you better hope its not wets or that's that. Its seriously killing my drive to play.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightfall View Post
    My game pauses when I edit my pit save during a pit stop.
    Not in multiplayer it doesnt. Should have specified sorry. Will update