A telemetry logging and analysis companion app for Project CARS.
- record, save and load any number of sessions
- real time session timing and plotting as you record
- automatic saving and unloading of recorded sessions
Session Info Display
- display details for A, B and selected sessions
- add notes to sessions
- connect to pCARS locally, or over the LAN or the Internet using the server
- the server supports multiple clients, enabling e.g. a dashboard over LAN and a race engineer over Internet
- each plotter can display any number of lanes
- each lane can display any number of graphs
- each graph has configurable plotting styles
- drag to size and normal zooming
- AB comparison of any two sessions and any lap ranges
- absolute measurement cursor
- delta measurement cursors
- split cursors for separate measurements per lane
- generator to capture 'proper' track maps with several display modes
- A and B driven lines can show two telemetry parameters
- shows absolute and delta cursor positions
- zoom and pan, with follow cursor option
- framework for scriptable dashboard design
- multiple dashboards driven by loaded sessions, live sessions or scripts
- integrated scripting engine using the Lua language
- automate the application
- perform data analysis and processing
- build simple GUIs to for integrated and interactive application extensions
- "micro IDE" for editing and running scripts
- script manager for installing and managing your favourite scripts
- parameter manager, with user editable parameter color, range etc.
- dockable window interface for custom layouts
- saving and loading of window layouts
- saving and loading of single and all plotter setups
- printing support
- bitmap export
- automatically maintains connection with the sim
- more to come... community input welcome...
Download and installation
The current 64 and 32 bit version, 0.12, can be downloaded here.
The latest version of the user manual can be downloaded here.
If your virus software throws a warning, fear not, the installer has been scanned and cleared with Avast.
Version 0.12 is the first public release and any installed versions prior to v0.12 must be uninstalled in full before installing v0.12: Please remove the "C:\Users\Documents\pCARS Telemetry" folder, and delete the registry keys "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Leistad Systems Development" and "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Leistad Systems Development".
The minimum OS requirement is Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, 32 or 64 bit.
If the application crashes, please put the files "_crashlog.txt" and "_minidump.dmp" in a zip archive and attach it to a posting describing the circumstances of the crash. These files can be found in your "Documents/pCARS Telemetry" folder.
The distribution comes with some installed scripts which effectively are 'applets' that extend the application. They can be found in the folder "managed_scripts" inside the "pCARS_Telemetry" folder. They can be managed using the Script Manager. The scripts are using the gui library and have registered buttons on the Script Toolbar (the leftmost toolbar at the top of the window). Clicking these buttons will toggle the guis open and closed. The installed scripts are:
- BigNums - showing a variable number of parameters in a row colum layout
- CSV-Export - CSV telemetry data export
- CursorStats - computes statistics for a parameter using the delta cursor pair for the range.
- Dash1 - example instrument panel, speedometer, rev counter and timing
- Dash2 - example instrument panel, speedometer, rev counter, timing and controls
- Dash3 - example instrument panel, gauges for four selectable parameters
- Dash4 - example instrument panel, temperatures, wear and g-forces
- Dash5 - example instrument panel, "minigraphs" of a few parameters
- GraphFilter - plots a graph with a low or high pass filter applied
- Lap2Lap - plots the lap to lap difference for a parameter
- LapHistogram - histogram tool applet
- LapStats - tool for computing statistics for a parameter over a lap range
- LiveaStats - shows live parameters with running averages and maxima
- LiverNumsRecorder - performs ad hoc live recording. Saves to CSV files
- RaceInfo - using dash_module.lua to create an race infor intrument panel
- ScatterStats - tool to perform scatter plot and statistics for two parameters
So far the documentation is brief and incomplete - the user manual proper is a WIP. It can be found on the apps Help menu, or in the "Documents/pCARS Telemetry/manual" folder. In the manual folder you will find some additional text files. The file "user_manual.txt" is a general operations manual, the file "scripting_manual.txt" is the beginnings of a reference manual for the scripting, the file "dashboard_manual.txt" is the documentation for the dashboard framework. These are raw text files hacked together while coding, so they're not too friendly. Eventually it will all be reworked and included in UserManaul.pdf.
This posting will be kept updated as the project progresses.