Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Telemetry Logging and Analysis Application

Platform
    PC
    so simple that not crossed my mind......

i think that is the aero theme default settings....

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonSyr View Post
    also a question for the setup of my dashes... where can i see my theoretical lap from the combine of my best s1-2-3 times?
    can you add this in raceinfo dash?
    after the blue cells (current) can you add the last 10 laps of the session and a theoretical sum with the best s1-2-3 of all session at the end?
    These raceinfo dash does not have this currently. These are good suggestions, and I'm taking note of it.

One thing about this app is that it's scriptable, so that the community can make new dashes, or analysis tools and so on. All the text buttons on the right hand toolbar are buttons that the supplied scripts have placed there. I consider these scripts to be just examples, although some of them are hopefully useful as they are.

It is my hope that members of the community will take an interest in writing and/or modifying scripts. To this end I will support all efforts in scripting, and I will extend the set of library functions that the scripts call on to interact with the main app, so that any further required functionality can be accessed from scripts. Of course, there's already quite a bit of functionality as can be seen from the current scripted "applets". For those of you who are curious, have a look in "C:\Users\<username>\Documents\pCARS Telemetry\managed_scripts" to study the supplied ones. You can use the Script Console to load them into the script editor to look at them (or use your favourite text editor).

Some scripts that I can see being useful, is e.g. more extensive race info, fuel computers and so on. The scripting language used is Lua which is a fully featured programming language. One can even use existing Lua modules/libraries to extend the available functionality for scripting. In theory "anything" can be done through scripting, e.g. a league could write custom tools, even using networking to connect the members "groupware" -style if one is adventurous.

Edit: It's still early days, so there isn't much documentation for the scripting libraries yet. The user manual currently only has a short introduction to scripting and the "thread" and "lock" libraries. It is my intention to add lots more on this in the user manual to enable the community to get more involved. Stay tuned for this, and feel free to ask me about this in the meantime.

Oh, and don't be scared by all this scripting talk - most users won't have to deal with any of that, it's only for those who want to get into it
    Last edited by Gassolini; 21-05-2015 at 12:54.
    pCARS Telemetry Logging and Analysis Application - v0.12 17/5-2015
    pCARS Telemetry website
    CPU: i7-2700K @ 4.43GHz | RAM: 16GB @ 800MHz | MB: ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 | GPU: Gigabyte HD 7970 OC | PSU: Mist 650W | Audio: MOTU Ultralite mk3 | Controller: G25 | OS: Win 7 64bit | CCC Omega 14.12
    The following user likes this Post: Espen S. Andresen

Platform
    PC
    ok i will make a try ... i use notepad++ that supports lua language...

edit: i look into raceinfo and dash_module . i m trying to undestand the way this works ..... is like c++

needs time.....

so , nice start

thanks for the replies

regards
    Last edited by DragonSyr; 21-05-2015 at 12:58.

Platform
    PC

32 bit version held for resolving an issue

This is just a message to those interested in the 32 bit version:

There was an issue with the installer, so I've hidden the download link for now. The problem has been resolved with the help of DragonSyr (thanks a bunch!) - we have tested it, and it now even runs on Vista 32 bit. A new version of the 32 bit installer will be made available later, hopefully this evening. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
    pCARS Telemetry website
    CPU: i7-2700K @ 4.43GHz | RAM: 16GB @ 800MHz | MB: ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 | GPU: Gigabyte HD 7970 OC | PSU: Mist 650W | Audio: MOTU Ultralite mk3 | Controller: G25 | OS: Win 7 64bit | CCC Omega 14.12

Platform
    PC
    after a few hours of testings .....
    first of all , this app rocks !!!!!!

issues:
    1. i save the layout with update state to live and zoom to fit, close the program and the dashes return to the cursor update state and the zoom 1:1. also the dash4 stay closed (i save my layout with dash4 open in the place i want, (my second monitor))
    2. all the undocked dashes stays open when i close the app.

few crashes of the app (not the server) but i think that was because of too many changes of the settings on the fly .
    If i experience crashes without reason i will inform you...

also i tried the app with my friend remotely with hamachi and the live feeding is working fine. He faced some crashes until we set the dashes and maps but when we finish all worked fine.

note that is missing one dash for TT mode .. with that i wrote in post #9 and the telemetry will be completed
    Last edited by DragonSyr; 21-05-2015 at 18:14.

Platform
    PC
    1 - Saving the window layout does not include the various settings of the modules or applets, only the actual window positions and sizes.

Dash4 uses a stand alone window, not a docking one. If you look at line 15 in Dash4.lua, it reads "standalone = true,". If you uncomment this line using the Lua comment double dashes, like so "--standalone = true,", or change it to "standalone = false,", or simply remove that line, it becomes a dock window (the default for dashboards) and its layout will then be saved. I will look into the behaviour of stand alone windows, w.r.t. saving layouts. There is no particular reason why Dash4 uses a standalone window, it's just an example of the possibilities. BTW, it's the same for Dash5, line 19.

For the specific settings you ask about, you can customize the dashes by specifying 'update = "Cursor"' or 'update = "Live"', and 'zoom_to_fit = false' or 'zoom_to_fit = true' in the dash board definitions. These things will become more clear when I extend the manual with more on scripting and dashboards and as the community, gets into some script hacking. Also, settings like these can also conceivably be saved and loaded by the dashes/applets themselves, by using Lua to store some attributes in a file.

2 - I do not experience this. When I close the app, both docking windows and stand alone windows gets closed. If this is a persistent behaviour, let me know, and I'll look into that.

If you get app crashes please look in the "C:\Users\<username>\Documents\pCARS Telemetry\" folder, and if you find "_crashlog.txt" and "_minidump.dmp" put them in a zip archive and mail them to me or make them available for download (please use PM or e-mail, so we don't clutter this thread too much), and I will have a look at that. Please also include a description of the actions leading to the crash, and let me know whether it's repeatable. Was that happening on on Vista or Windows 7?

I'm not sure I understand your last point re. a missing dash in TT mode - please explain in a little more detail. Speaking of the RaceInfo applet/dash, it's a bit messy - again it's just meant as an example, showing some possibilities. I might tidy it up later, and as as we spoke about, maybe I'll add some more functionality, like best theoretical lap, times for several laps and so on. It's also possible to make other "race info" -type displays through other means than using the dash module. Together we'll come up with better stuff as we move forward

Thank you very much for testing and reporting - all feedback is very much appreciated! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	emo_thumbup.gif 
Views:	278 
Size:	317 Bytes 
ID:	203948
    Last edited by Gassolini; 22-05-2015 at 00:53.
    pCARS Telemetry website

Platform
    PC
    You sir are a genius, well done!

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Gassolini View Post
    1 - Saving the window layout does not include the various settings of the modules or applets, only the actual window positions and sizes.

For the specific settings you ask about, you can customize the dashes by specifying 'update = "Cursor"' or 'update = "Live"', and 'zoom_to_fit = false' or 'zoom_to_fit = true' in the dash board definitions. These things will become more clear when I extend the manual with more on scripting and dashboards and as the community, gets into some script hacking. Also, settings like these can also conceivably be saved and loaded by the dashes/applets themselves, by using Lua to store some attributes in a file.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	emo_thumbup.gif 
Views:	278 
Size:	317 Bytes 
ID:	203948
    i set all i need for the dashes but i can find the track map as .lua to set as stand alone.

if the dashes is not stand alone , when minimize the main window then all dashes minimized too.
    i have a dual monitor system and right now the track map minimized .

also the dashes stay on my second monitor when i close the main window... needs to close them one by one. its not a problem for me .... simply mention...

Platform
    PC
    ^ The trackmap isn't a scripted applet though (it's a "built in" module), and it behaves like a dock window. However, I note your comments about the wanted behaviour of the windows, and I will have look at that.
    pCARS Telemetry website

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Hi, tried on my Laptop, Win8 32bit (32bit version) Does not load with following error:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	error.png 
Views:	264 
Size:	10.0 KB 
ID:	204001

There are no log files produced.

Thanks!