View Poll Results: Please vote for the car class you want to run (assuming mix classes).

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • LMP1

0 0%
  • LMP2

2 28.57%
  • GT3

5 71.43%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [USA/NA]Friday Night Racing- PC

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC

[USA/NA]Friday Night Racing- PC

I am starting this thread to try and get a group together for regular races. Several of us have been racing together for years. We have run Gran Turismo, rFactor, GTR, F1 and Assetto Corsa, among others. We have been running Monday and Friday nights, about 9 PM Pacific time. We strive for realism, so we run with as realistic settings as possible. Here is what we have come up with so far. This will be on PC (too bad cross platform isn't an option!)

Here is the Steam Group:
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FNRL

Who
    Anyone who likes to race clean and have fun. All skill levels welcome, attitude is more important. We try to race seriously, but fun comes first. We try to race clean, but know accidents and mistakes happen.

When
    Friday nights about 9 PM Pacific (GMT -7)

What
    GT3s

Where
    Our server is called BCS Motorsports, feel free to join us if you see us! This is a 64 slot server (32 slots seems to be the max per track). The server has 100 Mb pipe. We also have a TS3 server, we will provide this info to group members.

Tracks
    To be determined by group, certain tracks for sure, such as:
    • Spa
    • Bathurst
    • Le Mans
    • Nordschleife (The Ring)

If there is a real world endurance race there, we will probably run it.

Restrictions
    We will allow TCS and ABS, although if the "real assists" works, we will probably use that setting.
    Full Damage and Mechanical Failures, unless group decides otherwise.

Rules
    • Standing Starts (rolling starts seem broken, but I would prefer rolling starts if they work. In the past, we have added an extra lap and used that as a formation lap so we can do the rolling start manually)
    • Fuel consumption, tire wear, etc will be on, so that pit stops are necessary (these may be accelerated, but testing and the group will determine this)
    • Some level of damage and mechanical failure, depending on how they are working (right now Performance Impacting and Mechanical Failures On)
    • Time Accelerated for full day\night cycle
    • Clear weather
    • Standard Racing rules apply, they are posted all over the internet, so I won't repost here. If you have questions, please ask.

In interest of time, the usual format we follow is to practice prior to the race (We practice Monday nights, feel free to join us!), that way race night is just qualifying and race. Races will be about 1 hour in length, quali will probably be 15 minutes, unless the group decides otherwise or the track makes a longer session necessary (think the Ring).

We can keep this casual and just race or we can go full league and tracks points, etc. I like the idea of starting casual and then forming the league after, so we can see who consistently makes the races and such. Previous leagues we have competed in had teams of 2-3 cars, so you had drivers and team championships. I prefer this format.

There are currently about 10 of us who race consistently. I would like as many people as possible to join, my experience is there are a lot of people who start a league, but only about half complete the season. We can spool up additional servers if we get enough people interested. We have run two races/ servers simultaneously in the past, when the league has been big enough. We should be able to support nearly 100 racers on our current environment.

So that should cover the basics, more to come!
    Last edited by LiveWire; 15-06-2015 at 05:29. Reason: Season Format Changes
    Windows 10
    Intel i7 950
    24 GB Corsair RAM
    Samsung 128 GB SSD (OS)
    Samsung 128 GB SSD (Game)
    WD Caviar Black 1TB (Game)
    EVGA GTX970
    Gigabyte x58a-ud3r
    Logitech G27
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/LiveWire11C/

Can Am VRL Website
    Can Am VRL Steam Group

Platform
    PC
    Awesome, cant wait. Starting casual sounds great until we get some regulars showing up every week. spa is broken atm, exiting the pits gives you an instant 1800 second lane crossing penalty.

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    I agree about starting casual, not only to establish the regulars, but also so we can establish rules, track list, etc. I'm sure they'll fix spa, we just won't run it until they do.
    Last edited by LiveWire; 17-05-2015 at 23:52.
    Windows 10
    Intel i7 950
    24 GB Corsair RAM
    Samsung 128 GB SSD (OS)
    EVGA GTX970
    Gigabyte x58a-ud3r
    Logitech G27

Can Am VRL Website
    Can Am VRL Steam Group

Platform
    PC
    I'll probably be there every friday night, and if you guys are still around after I get on the computer after work (around 10:30-11pm pacific) I'll hop in as well. I'd also like to join a league, and Friday night is the perfect night for me so you'll probably get used to having me around.

I'm a clean and mostly consistent mid-to-upper pack driver who has a knack for getting right up in someone's business entering a turn if you let me get close enough. I also have a knack for getting involved in turn 1 shenanigans against my will, so hopefully these lobbies will have much less of that.

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Great Veevee, look forward to racing. We try to avoid turn 1 craziness, it seems less common in leagues. I would be lying if I said I was never the cause of a turn 1 pileup, but it's not common.
    Windows 10
    Intel i7 950
    24 GB Corsair RAM
    Samsung 128 GB SSD (OS)
    EVGA GTX970
    Gigabyte x58a-ud3r
    Logitech G27

Can Am VRL Website
    Can Am VRL Steam Group

WMD Member
    I'm keen to get involved. I'm in Aus but your friday time works out to 1400 saturday for me, so it's convenient.

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Great to hear intrepid nine, we have other Aussies and kiwis we race with all the time.
    Windows 10
    Intel i7 950
    24 GB Corsair RAM
    Samsung 128 GB SSD (OS)
    EVGA GTX970
    Gigabyte x58a-ud3r
    Logitech G27

Can Am VRL Website
    Can Am VRL Steam Group

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I'm definitely interested in participating!

League racing certainly seems the best way to go in pCARS, lots of jokers out there trying to ruin public races. I wouldn't be able to practice with you guys on Mondays but racing at 9pm PST would certainly work on Fridays!

What is the best way for me to get involved? Steam friend request? Join a Steam group?

Umer Ahmad
    7pm Chicago time might he tough for me, perhaps i could make some later races once kids are in bed.

There's a guy in Hawaii that might like join y'all

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    I'll start a steam group later today. I think it will be 11 Chicago time, if that helps. I'll send steam friend requests if I can figure out your steam IDs.

Veevee and One Percent, pretty sure I added you in Steam. Uhmer, what is your Steam ID? Feel free to PM it to me.
    Last edited by LiveWire; 19-05-2015 at 01:00.
    Windows 10
    Intel i7 950
    24 GB Corsair RAM
    Samsung 128 GB SSD (OS)
    EVGA GTX970
    Gigabyte x58a-ud3r
    Logitech G27

Can Am VRL Website
    Can Am VRL Steam Group