Thread: game crashing and putting me on xbox dashboard screen

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

game crashing and putting me on xbox dashboard screen

Hi all , im having a problem in career mode on series 2 on 23/04 pagani club day monza where anywhere between the first two corners game crashes and takes me to xbox dashboard screen any ideas anyone on wot to do to fix this. Thanks

First problem is that you appear to be running the Xbox dashboard.....

this is the PC tech help section.. I'm sure a mod will move you to the correct area SMSoon

i7 4770K - ASUS Z87-A - 16Gig DDR3 (2x 8G Crucial Ballistix PC3-12800) - ZOTAC GTX1080Ti FE with EVGA Hybrid Cooler - iiiyama ProLite B2783QSU - Oculus Rift CV1 - Samsung 840 250G SSD , WD 320G Blue, WD 6T Black, WD 2T Black, OCZ 120G Vertex 2 SSD, LiteOn iHAS122 DVD-RW - Creative Audigy 4 - Creative 5.1 speaker system - Logitech G19 - MS HABU Gaming Mouse - Fanatec GT3 RS V2 + CSP V3 + SSH Shifter - Windows 10 Home (64 bit).

Second machine used for additional testing. i7-4790T - Asus H97-Plus - 16G DDR3 PC-12800 - EVGA RTX2060 - iiyama Prolite E2607WS - Oculus Rift CV1 - W10 Pro (64 bit) - xbox360 pad or Logitech DFP (all at stock speeds)

HTPC - For testing of Steam Big Picture Mode (Hopefully from Media Portal 2) - i5-4590S - ASUS H81M-C - 8G DDR3 PC-10666 - Gigabyte GTX1050Ti - Windows 10 Home (64 bit) - xbox360 pad

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1
    It is a known problem on the Xbox One. I am experiencing it also and nothing is working to get it to progress past that point. Career is therefore unplayable at the moment.

Platform
    PC
    Moved. People better than me is around here and they will help you out
    Systems tested with Project CARS 2:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i7 4790K - nVidia GTX 1080ti - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i7 7700HQ - nVidia GTX 1050 - 16GB RAM (Laptop)
    Core i7 6700HQ - nvidia GTX 980m - 8GB RAM (Laptop)
    Core i5 4670K - 2x AMD 7970 - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    Core i7 4700HQ - nVidia 970M - 16GB RAM - (Laptop)

The following user likes this Post: Mad Al

WMD Member
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I had the same issue yesterday.
    I finally performed a cold restart of my Xbox. Set race laps to 3 laps (shortest time). When race is starting, let AI take 30s-40s advantage again you. Cruise around for 3 laps and at the end, you should be able to complete the race.
    If you want to race, you have the risk to display the carbon Huyara that make Pcars crash. You could still try to redo this race after next update release.
    Hope it could help
    Last edited by milliotseb; 25-05-2015 at 11:25.

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by milliotseb View Post
    I had the same issue yesterday.
    I finally performed a cold restart of my Xbox. Set race laps to 3 laps (shortest time). When race is starting, let AI take 30s-40s advantage again you. Cruise around for 3 laps and at the end, you should be able to complete the race.
    If you want to race, you have the risk to display the carbon Zonda that make Pcars crash. You could still try to redo this race after next update release.
    Hope it could help
    That's a bullshit work around and didn't work for me. The game is simply broken as there is no way to progress in career mode.

WMD Member
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic6L View Post
    That's a bullshit work around and didn't work for me. The game is simply broken as there is no way to progress in career mode.
    Sorry it did not work for you.