Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BAC Mono

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Unhappy BAC Mono

God I hate this car. Drive at any speed, turn wheel 2%, add only 10% acceleration? = Spin 360, get rekt!

I tried tuning to get rid of this ridiculous instability while accelerating, and partially succeeded, but now my wheels lock on breaking and it's still a bit unstable / twitchy.

Did anyone succeed at tuning this car?

I have:
    - lowered rear antisway
    - stiffened front antisway
    - lowered ride height
    - decreased brake pressure
    - decreased read slow bump
    - increased front slow rebound

Yet I would still have better lap times with the Flinstones' "car".

WMD Member
    Yeah, it's a beast to drive, but still one of my favorite cars in the game. Didn't try my hands at tuning it though, as usually this never ends well.
    System: Intel i5 4460, 2x4096MB, GIGABYTE Z97-D3H, Zotac GTX 970 4096MB, Logitech Driving Force Pro, Xbox 360 Gamepad, Xbox One Gamepad, Win10 Professional

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    this is a surprisingly difficult car (w/ default setup), not as much traction as youd think. maybe turn up the diff i probably knocked them down which doesnt help my main issue w/ it which is slow exit speeds due to tire slip .

i enjoy it but had a hard time putting in a good lap at laguna seca & gave up before i did, think ill try again now tho. but id also be curious if anyone has some good setups
    Thrustmaster TX/CSR Elites/TH8a Shifter
    980OC/5820k@4.5/8GB DDR4@2400(stock)/WINDOWS 10

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterO View Post
    Yeah, it's a beast to drive, but still one of my favorite cars in the game. Didn't try my hands at tuning it though, as usually this never ends well.
    when you or me do it, maybe someone who knows what theyre doing can make a world of difference, ive knocked 4+ seconds off my lap instantly just by giong from default setups to a tuned one before

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    well i seem to have forgotten just what a b%tch this car is, twitchy is indeed the word. i do have a problem with brake lockup on the lefthander going up to the corkscrew but i also have problems with oversteer out of the hairpin at the beginning, as well as the corkscrew itself. i know the first and last are mostly just a reesult of me still sucking at laguna seca but the twitchiness seems a bit ott, i was riding a curb and went into an insta-spin... some track day car.

i compare it to the palatov d4 released for rf2 recently & it also has the same sensititivity to inputs but its not twitchy like this, very stable. dunno if its the setup or the car but it drives how i expected the mono to.

Superkart Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by Paprik View Post
    God I hate this car. Drive at any speed, turn wheel 2%, add only 10% acceleration? = Spin 360, get rekt!

I tried tuning to get rid of this ridiculous instability while accelerating, and partially succeeded, but now my wheels lock on breaking and it's still a bit unstable / twitchy.

Did anyone succeed at tuning this car?

I have:
    - lowered rear antisway
    - stiffened front antisway
    - lowered ride height
    - decreased brake pressure
    - decreased read slow bump
    - increased front slow rebound

Yet I would still have better lap times with the Flinstones' "car".
    Okay then try this. Reset the tuning to default. (haven't tried this car yet but from your crazy experience I could guess)

First all but break balance more to front.

*suspension*
    Ride height put about same height for front and rear.
    Stiffen the front spring rate - Soften rear spring rate

*sway bar *
    Soften front bar
    Soften rear bar

*Dampers*
    Lower front and rear slow bump
    Stiffen front and rear fast bump

Stiffen front slow rebound
    Soften rear slow rebound

Diffs*

Decrease accel lock
    Increase decel lock just enough to not understeer too much
    Decrease preload

Aero*(if it has any)
    If in fast corner back end slips or oversteer ; increase rear downforce
    If it understeer increase front downf.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: 1Kostik, ljpunksdad

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    thx jey i will try that as well.

meantime with default i have found what i consider a 'cheat', but others may not, if you choose automatic tires it gives you the primes which i assume are the real bac mono tires, however theres also an option for supersofts. again, whether these are offered or used irl or not idk, it may just be for noobs like us

by the end of your outlap you will feel a major difference in grip if youve been driving on the primes & i shaved almost 6 seconds off my lap not even pushing. and i am still 2 seconds off what i want my pace to be. but yeah as you would expect big difference b/w supersofts & what i assume are road legal tires.
    The following user likes this Post: Taraman

Car Physics and AI
    Yes Correct. The Supersofts are just the full out track day type tire (but not a full slick). The BAC come standard with a more street type tyre. More fun IMHO. But alot like the the better grip of the Trackday tire. Your choice

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    My favorite car... it's a handfull, but great fun with crazy throttle-control.
    The following user likes this Post: yusupov

Rookie
    Platform
    PS4
    this car is really crazy... in dry conditions is fun but in wet is almost impossible to beat the AIs... if anybody has any good WET settings for the car please share tnx...