Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Umer Ahmad 's wielding a ban hammer

Banned
    Platform
    PC

Umer Ahmad 's wielding a ban hammer

But I don't know why,
    I definitely would like to understand though. Following is a direct quote.

"Damn, another of these. Ok fine.

Guys, All feedback is welcome and needed. The programmers need to see whats wrong, that's our part. Make a professional and evidence-based report and the programmer can do something with it.

Flinging around feces is another tactic too, slightly less motivating and less efficienct. Might get you kicked out which is not in anyone's best interest."

Are generalized comments about bans part of SMS policy, or is this something we can expect in future?
    If he means what he says, why is he not speaking to a specific individual or infraction? This comes off as a random threat of any future criticism without establishing any clear rules violations.
    Super sketchy and unappreciated.

Platform
    PS4
    Thats nitpicking imho.
    You get kicked out of any forum if you dont behave.
    1996: Super Nintendo l 1998: Nintendo 64 l 1999: PlayStation l 2001: PlayStation 2 l 2007: PlayStation 3 l 2011: Nintendo 3DS l 2014: PlayStation 4
    Add me on PSN for clean racing: PiinK_eMo_GiiRL
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Bealdor, hybrid.art, lollygag, McKiernan

Platform
    PC
    It's pretty simple IMO. Stay away from insults, don't spam the forums (in short: obey the forum rules) and you don't have to worry about anything.

People must keep in mind that a "public" forum is not really a public place. Think of it more like a pub or restaurant.
    You don't have to like the food (Project CARS) that the cook (SMS) made. But if you're yelling and insulting the cook (SMS), waitress (mods) or other guests (forum members) you'll get booted out of the door.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Bealdor View Post
    It's pretty simple IMO. Stay away from insults, don't spam the forums (in short: obey the forum rules) and you don't have to worry about anything.

People must keep in mind that a "public" forum is not really a public place. Think of it more like a pub or restaurant.
    You don't have to like the food (Project CARS) that the cook (SMS) made. But if you're yelling and insulting the cook (SMS), waitress (mods) or other guests (forum members) you'll get booted out of the door.
    Oh, so YOU guys decide WHO your done with and when, the why is not important. Got it.
    sMH. You know the word pub was drawn from public house?
    And it's nothing like a pub or restaurant. A better analogy would involve that Korean dude with his own country.
    A restaurant has to be worried about discrimination lawsuits and have a legit reason. The moderators here apparently do not need a legit reason to raise the ban hammer.

If you would speak specifically to the point and the content of what he said. That would be great. Unless over generalised non specific ban threats are to be expected here.
    Last edited by IrideGravity; 18-05-2015 at 21:03.

Platform
    PS4
    This thread is prodding.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by IrideGravity View Post
    Oh, so YOU guys decide WHO your done with and when, the why is not important. Got it.
    sMH
    What are talking about? Do you believe that a WMD member will not get banned if he can't behave?
    I just explained how a public forum works or better said, should work.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by IrideGravity View Post
    sMH.
    And it's nothing like a pub or restaurant. A better analogy would involve that Korean dude with his own country.
    Thats how all forums (especially ones attached to business) are. His analogy was pretty good, you CAN walk into Subway and start yellin profanity at the workers but they CAN throw you right out for it.
    Gaming vids of all sorts. Fun - https://www.youtube.com/user/HDGaminLIVE
    The following user likes this Post: Patrik Marek

Umer Ahmad
    What is this?

I dont even have power to ban anyone. I gave out 2 infractions so far for dirty language. Thats it.

I was giving advice how NOT to get kicked out of here. My goal is for us to have a large and positive community of serious racers (works better for me in the long run too).

Is anyone here confused about the rules of the forum and how to behave around here? I think there's a link for that

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Bealdor View Post

l have to remember that restaurant comparison, it fits very well!
    Last edited by Pink_650S; 18-05-2015 at 21:01.
    1996: Super Nintendo l 1998: Nintendo 64 l 1999: PlayStation l 2001: PlayStation 2 l 2007: PlayStation 3 l 2011: Nintendo 3DS l 2014: PlayStation 4
    Add me on PSN for clean racing: PiinK_eMo_GiiRL
    The following user likes this Post: Bealdor

Umer Ahmad
    Ah here it is

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...es-Please-read

lol only 200 views #SMH