Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unable to change certain settings on some cars

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Angry Unable to change certain settings on some cars

Hi guys,

I have tried searching for the answer to this all over the place but am unable to, so I apologize if this has been answered already.

For some reason with some cars, I am unable to change certain settings. For example Mitsubishi Evolution X, I am unable to adjust ride height, but I am able to adjust the camber and sway bars which doesn't make sense.

I tried in solo race, practice, various modes with various cars and I can't remember a car where I was able to change everything. What am I missing?

Any replies are appreciated.

Platform
    PC
    I'm not 100% sure on the Evo, but for most cars it comes down to a mixture of things. Does homologation restrict certain modifications? Does the car come with adjustable "x" out of the box?

For instance I'm pretty sure that you can't change the aero, but then the original didn't have any aero, bar a fixed boot spoiler.

The cars have been modelled based on real life counterparts. This is likely what you're seeing. Post up what you think is wrong tho, and I'm sure others will confirm for sure.
    Processor: Intel i7-4790 @ 3.6GHz Mainboard: Asus Maximus VI Memory: 32GB DDR3 Videocard: MSI 980ti Motherboard Sound/Headphones: Creative SB Z + M/B Sound for SimVibe / Onkyo 5.1 Surround + Astro A50 Headphones Monitors: 3 x Asus 27" VN279H PSU: OCZ ZX1250W Keyboard+Mouse: Corsair Gaming K70 RBG / Logitech G700 Mouse Gamepad/Wheel: Fanatec CSWv2 + BMW Rim, Fanatex CSPv2, Fanatec CS Shifter SQ v1.5 OS: Win7 Ult x64 Storage: 256GB SSD + 3TB HDD
    Resolution: 5040x1080@60Hz Texture Res: High Texture Filter: 4x V-Sync: No AA: MSAA4x FXAA & SMAA: Off Reflections: Low Vehicle Detail: Ultra World Detail: High Shadow Detail: Low Motion Blur: None
    My vrHive Telemetry and Dash App (PC/PS4/XB1) - Forum Page: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nt-Server-more
    My vrHive Telemetry and Dash App (PC/PS4/XB1) - Web Site: www.vrhive.co.uk
    My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TR7V8Mike?feature=mhee
    My Twitch Channel: http://www.twitch.tv/mikeytt

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Thanks for a quick reply.

So for the Evo for example, I am able to change camber and various spring rates but cannot change ride height? To me it seems a bit inconsistent that I am able to change some suspension aspects but not something as simple as ride height, which is what led me to believe that something is off.

Platform
    PC
    You can adjust camber and toe in nearly every street car (in very narrow corridors), but you can't adjust the ride height in any run-of-the-mill-sedan out there. Spring rates are a bit more common to adjust than ride height too.
    Member of RevolutionSimRacing

New Rig: Board: Asus Crosshair VI Hero / CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @3,9Ghz/ GPU: KFA² GTX1080 EX OC / RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2866 Mhz / PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850W / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3Tb / SSD: OCZ ARC100 240 Gb + Crucial MX300 525 GB / Cooler: Corsair H110i / Case: NZXT Phantom 630 / Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite + Clubsport Pedals V3 Inverted / OS: Win 10 x64 Pro

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    ride height - is not simple at all. it is much more complicated than camber and various spring rates. and evo is pretty simple car imho

Platform
    PS4
    I have understood Toe but can you explain how Camber works and what is its effects.

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Itothans View Post
    Thanks for a quick reply.

So for the Evo for example, I am able to change camber and various spring rates but cannot change ride height? To me it seems a bit inconsistent that I am able to change some suspension aspects but not something as simple as ride height, which is what led me to believe that something is off.
    Before you judge a game for inconsistencies maybe you should put your head underneath a car and understand whats going on...

all cars will allow you to change toe on the front, and lots will allow you to change camber but to change damping, bump stop and ride height requires adjustable coilovers. the reason why you will be able to change spring rate is because you could swap the springs in the shock absorber with no other modifications

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Fre.Mo View Post
    I have understood Toe but can you explain how Camber works and what is its effects.
    Camber is the slant of the wheels. Imagine a tyre standing in front of you so you see the profile. Just standing on the ground it has 0° camber.

If you tilt the upper side to the middle of the car, it has negative camber.
    If you tilt the upper side away from the car, it is positive camber.

If the negative camber is set correctly, it will increase cornering grip. On the downside you will loose traction whilst going straight (braking / accelerating).

Positive camber will achieve the opposite. Gain traction at the cost of cornering grip
    Member of RevolutionSimRacing

New Rig: Board: Asus Crosshair VI Hero / CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @3,9Ghz/ GPU: KFA² GTX1080 EX OC / RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2866 Mhz / PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850W / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3Tb / SSD: OCZ ARC100 240 Gb + Crucial MX300 525 GB / Cooler: Corsair H110i / Case: NZXT Phantom 630 / Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite + Clubsport Pedals V3 Inverted / OS: Win 10 x64 Pro
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Fre.Mo, McKiernan

Platform
    PS4
    Thank you for the very clear informations.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by dwaynetheBLADE View Post
    Before you judge a game for inconsistencies maybe you should put your head underneath a car and understand whats going on...

all cars will allow you to change toe on the front, and lots will allow you to change camber but to change damping, bump stop and ride height requires adjustable coilovers. the reason why you will be able to change spring rate is because you could swap the springs in the shock absorber with no other modifications
    I expected a more mature response from someone on these boards but I guess forums are forums.

Well I do have coilovers on my car which is the reason why I asked. My example was ride height, springs and camber. I know most stock suspension allows slight adjustments to camber and toe in etc, but other adjustments I mentioned require coilovers/springs. And like you said, changing spring rate requires changing springs, but changing ride height can be also done by changing springs, which is where the inconsistency is.

To be perfectly clear my post wasn't meant to criticize the game, I just thought my profile was corrupted or something so I wanted to double check if that was intentional.
    Last edited by Itothans; 20-05-2015 at 00:10.
    The following user likes this Post: Invincible