Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [NOT POSSIBLE] Reverse tracks.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Bell View Post
    Driveclub has exclusively fictional tracks.

We have licensing restrictions that don't allow reverse running on all of the official tracks. Sorry.
    Ok that's a clear answer.
    (I'm quite sure that you could rework the license restriction for some tracks)
    Last edited by gp20; 20-05-2015 at 16:06.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Seps1974 View Post
    To be honest I think reverse tracks are an arcade feature.
    I don't think it is at all. Check by yourself in trial mode.

Platform
    PC
    Just an FYI, track safety barriers in real life need to be designed to run both directions. In most cases, they aren't and disasterous results can follow:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_7051756.html

The incident above is a result of an accident happening in the opposite direction the crash barriers were designed to support.

Granted, pCARS is a virtual game but this is the reason why track owners restrict reverse running (if the track wasn't designed for it) and why they don't want to hint it could be done in virtual versions either.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Seps1974 View Post
    To be honest I think reverse tracks are an arcade feature.
    Agreed. Even if I see the point of having them (driving a track in "reverse" can be a very different experience than driving the same track "the right way"), they feel like a cheap way to increase the track count (which they quite are, in fact).

I know I may be on the minority here, but I wouldn't mind if all fictional tracks in racing games would be limited to one "way". It would feel way less "gamey".

Edit : Talking from experience, Deep Forest and Trial Mountain are two tracks that I know so well I could almost drive on them blindfolded. Still, I couldn't for the life of me tell which way is the "right" one and which way is the "reverse" one. And I actually find that quite disturbing.

Edit : Two iconic tracks that appeared in pretty much every GT, for those who wouldn't know.
    Last edited by HBK; 20-05-2015 at 16:33.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Seps1974, stux

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by HBK View Post
    Agreed. Even if I see the point of having them (driving a track in "reverse" can be a very different experience than driving the same track "the right way"), they feel like a cheap way to increase the track count (which they quite are, in fact).

I know I may be on the minority here, but I wouldn't mind if all fictional tracks in racing games would be limited to one "way". It would feel way less "gamey".
    It's a very subjectiv point of view and driving a car is not subjectiv at all. There is only one way to turn the wheel if you dont want to crash into a wall.

As you said it offers a new experience, in fact it's a total new track that you have for cheap. The sky is not green and the road red, it's not Disney in any way.
    As i said, guys, you should try in trial mode.

But if Mr Bell says that it's impossible, it's impossible. I'm sorry "impossible" is not french.

Platform
    XBOX1
    I can totally drive around any official track in GT/Forza in reverse if I wish. I didn't try yet but I'm pretty sure no invisible barrier is preventing me to do the same in pCARS. You just won't get your lap registered (and you can't race that way, obviously).

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by HBK View Post
    I can totally drive around any official track in GT/Forza in reverse if I wish. I didn't try yet but I'm pretty sure no invisible barrier is preventing me to do the same in pCARS. You just won't get your lap registered (and you can't race that way, obviously).
    Le but du jeu c'est de pouvoir faire des courses bien sûr.

Platform
    XBOX1
    This is supposed to be a somewhat realistic game. No track that I know of is set up so that it can be raced up both ways.

Platform
    PS4
    hate it when racing games have reverse tracks. just a lazy way of adding more tracks.
    ps4. Psn- ThePla7Maker. looking for drivers who want to race clean and have fun from UK we have 4 or 5 who usually race between 10pm - 12am. looking for a few more , we also use ai to make up the numbers . we use different cars different tracks with a qualify then race.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Siberian Tiger View Post
    Yes, Real Life Track Owners only offer the Track like it will be Raced in Real Life

Or have you ever seen someone driving the Nürburgring Nordschleife Reverse in Real Life?
    *almost suffers seizure* it took me 3 years to learn The Ring the right way round, please dont make me think about the opposite way or my brain may implode!
    The following user likes this Post: eracerhead