Page 25 of 59 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Dedicated Server API

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by dohmien View Post
    Even with the address / api / session / send_chat home ... it's not working .

Is there something has to change in the configuration?
    Sorry if this sound basic, but did you chack the http api is accessible? Can you acces http://127.0.0.1:9000/status

Platform
    PC
    The API is acessible Yes wellI do pay Bottom query a lot without my list of participants Concerns

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by dohmien View Post
    The API is acessible Yes wellI do pay Bottom query a lot without my list of participants Concerns
    Hi,

mine worked like this:
    Code:
    http://127.0.0.1:9000/api/session/send_chat?message=Testmessage
    Tried with curl
    Code:
    curl -i -H "Accept: application/json" -H "Content-Type: application/json" http://127.0.0.1:9000/api/session/send_chat?message=Testmessage
    Last edited by Snoopy; 15-09-2015 at 05:42.
    Best regards,
    Andreas

CPU: AMD FX8 8120 - RAM: 16GB Corsair PC1333 - GFX: (2x SLI) NVidia GTX 970 EVGA Superclocked - Display: ASUS MX299Q 29" 2560x1080 - MB: Asus Sabertooth 990FX - Wheel: Fanatec Porsche GT3 RS - HDD: Crucial 128GB SSD - Power: CoolerMaster 800 Watt - OS: Windows 10 64Bit

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    Hi,

mine worked like this:
    Code:
    http://127.0.0.1:9000/api/session/send_chat?message=Testmessage
    Tried with curl
    Code:
    curl -i -H "Accept: application/json" -H "Content-Type: application/json" http://127.0.0.1:9000/api/session/send_chat?message=Testmessage
    Hi,

i'va forgotten to say, this Message i saw in the Lobby, the Session wasn't started...
    Maybe this is the Problem you/we have?
    Best regards,
    Andreas

CPU: AMD FX8 8120 - RAM: 16GB Corsair PC1333 - GFX: (2x SLI) NVidia GTX 970 EVGA Superclocked - Display: ASUS MX299Q 29" 2560x1080 - MB: Asus Sabertooth 990FX - Wheel: Fanatec Porsche GT3 RS - HDD: Crucial 128GB SSD - Power: CoolerMaster 800 Watt - OS: Windows 10 64Bit

Stepan Vondrak
    Just a small warning, a new patch of the game has just been pushed to Steam. I am still fixing a sample Lua addon with server-side persistent stat tracking for the DS, so the DS will follow in few hours max, it won't be ready immediately. Also few updates and documentation of the Lua scripting engine will follow, they won't be ready with the release.
    The following 5 users likes this Post: gandaDK, KAMPFBIBER81, kevinnn, Mattias, RomKnight

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    Hi,

i'va forgotten to say, this Message i saw in the Lobby, the Session wasn't started...
    Maybe this is the Problem you/we have?
    actually works! the problem was that no one was in the lobby : /
    The following user likes this Post: Snoopy

Stepan Vondrak
    Updated DS is now up on Steam, compatible with patch 4.0, and with Lua scripting available. The sample config has changed significantly, so please review it and update your customized config, or just copy and edit the sample over. I'll try to document it all asap, but meanwhile, few quick notes:
    • The JSON-based configs now support standard C++ style single-line comments
    • Added section for Lua addon configuration. This is enabled by default, with two sample addons running unless you edit the configuration. These addons are "sms_rotate" and "sms_motd".
    • You will most likely want to disable or reconfigure the "sms_rotate" addon if you enable "controlGameSetup"
    • Note that "controlGameSetup" defaults to false in the sample config, so the "sms_rotate" addon will just print a warning that it can't do anything because it can not control the server

Addon "sms_motd":
    Simple addon that sends text chat to joining members with some information about the server.
    Warning: While this addon worked fine when I tested it locally, it does not seem to send me anything when it's running on our testing server. This might be due to joining latencies, perhaps it sends the texts too soon and the game does not display them. For this reason I'll experiment on the server soon, and stop/start it very often. So please do not try to play any games on it, as I'll have to kick you out often.

Addon "sms_rotate":
    This addon can be used for relatively simple server control. You must set "controlGameSetup" to true in the config for the addon to work. It set, it will then automatically configure new and returning lobbies according to the rotation of setups stored in its config. The default config rotates two setups (simple quali+race on Brands Hatch, and quali+race on Silverstone GP with a bit silly weather/time of day setup)

Configuring Lua addons:
    • First edit "server.cfg" and enable the addons you want to use in "luaApiAddons". Run the server and then quit it - this will save out the addon configurations.
    • Go to lua_config directory and open "addon_name.txt" - this is the addon's config. Edit this file and change the behaviour of the addon

WARNING: Soon the way addon configuration works will change. The current method has two drawbacks. First, the contents of lua_config/addon_name.txt mix the configuration and persistent data saved by the addon - for example the sms_rotate addon stores the index of the rotation there, so it continues rotating the setups from where it stopped last time even after server restart. Second, since the addon can save over this file, it loses user-made formatting, so any comments will be lost, and the order might randomly changed because that's how Lua tables work.

In update to be released soon this will change. Most likely on Monday. The file names will be different, the config and persistent data will be separated, and the config will never be overwritten by the addons, so it will retain all comments and formatting.
    The following 7 users likes this Post: Dmitry Afanasyev, fresquito, KAMPFBIBER81, kevinnn, NatB, RomKnight, thmxvr

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Very nice, thanks a lot and keep up the awesome good work.

Stepan Vondrak
    A DS hotfix has been released to Steam, fixing the Lua builtin GetServerUptimeMs() on Linux, which was breaking the "sms_motd" addon.

I've updated the DS and restarted it. I can't find it in the browser. Any tips?

BTW, there're few servers open, so I'm guessing it's not only in my end?
    i7 4770k @ 3.5 GHz | GTX 770 4GB | Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H | 8GB RAM 1600MHz | Corsair GS700 PSU | Windows 7 x64 Ultimate SP1 | Logitech G27

Únete a LFO Club y disfruta de Project CARS y de buena compañía