Page 28 of 59 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Dedicated Server API

It's all fine. The guy in charge fixed it in the end. That said, it's not contradictory at all. I was assking about changing the configuration. I changed nothing in the configuration.
    i7 4770k @ 3.5 GHz | GTX 1060 6GB | Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H | 16GB RAM 1600MHz | Corsair GS700 PSU | Windows 10 | T300RS wheel with Logitech G27 pedals and shifter

Únete a LFO Club y disfruta de Project CARS 2 y de buena compañía

Platform
    PC
    Hey guys,

if i understood Stepan correct, all Options of the Flags, which doesn't worked full in Patch 3.0 should work now in Patch 4.0, if we configure the Server correctly to the new Style.
    (Did not checked it till yet)

Question to Flag 8192, "FORCE_HANDLING_STYLE"
    Which Handling Style will be used?

We cannot set a special Handling Style, if i see it correct.
    Does the Handling Style of the Session-Hoster be used?
    What happens if the Host leaves the Session, will the Handling Style of the next Hoster be used?

I seems, that some of our guys recongnized per Handling Styles (Novice, Medium, Pro) different terms.
    Such like with Novice you can take corner very quicker as in Pro...
    Best regards,
    Andreas

CPU: AMD FX8 8120 - RAM: 16GB Corsair PC1333 - GFX: (2x SLI) NVidia GTX 970 EVGA Superclocked - Display: ASUS MX299Q 29" 2560x1080 - MB: Asus Sabertooth 990FX - Wheel: Fanatec Porsche GT3 RS - HDD: Crucial 128GB SSD - Power: CoolerMaster 800 Watt - OS: Windows 10 64Bit

Kart Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by fresquito View Post
    It's all fine. The guy in charge fixed it in the end. That said, it's not contradictory at all. I was assking about changing the configuration. I changed nothing in the configuration.
    Fixed it how? What did he do?

Stepan Vondrak
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    Hey guys,

if i understood Stepan correct, all Options of the Flags, which doesn't worked full in Patch 3.0 should work now in Patch 4.0, if we configure the Server correctly to the new Style.
    (Did not checked it till yet)

Question to Flag 8192, "FORCE_HANDLING_STYLE"
    Which Handling Style will be used?

We cannot set a special Handling Style, if i see it correct.
    Does the Handling Style of the Session-Hoster be used?
    What happens if the Host leaves the Session, will the Handling Style of the next Hoster be used?

I seems, that some of our guys recongnized per Handling Styles (Novice, Medium, Pro) different terms.
    Such like with Novice you can take corner very quicker as in Pro...
    This flag does nothing in the gameplay context. It's actually used by the code when searching for sessions, by the "skill" filter in the browser. For reasons the code reuses these flags for browser settings, and some of them make sense only in that context (FORCE_SAME_TRACK, FORCE_TRACK_STYLE, FORCE_HANDLING_STYLE, FORCE_LOBBY_NAME, FORCE_GAME_MODE, FORCE_GAME_LENGTH_DESCRIPTION). I'll try to filter them out so they do not appear in the DS lists at all in a future update.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Stepan Vondrak View Post
    This flag does nothing in the gameplay context. It's actually used by the code when searching for sessions, by the "skill" filter in the browser. For reasons the code reuses these flags for browser settings, and some of them make sense only in that context (FORCE_SAME_TRACK, FORCE_TRACK_STYLE, FORCE_HANDLING_STYLE, FORCE_LOBBY_NAME, FORCE_GAME_MODE, FORCE_GAME_LENGTH_DESCRIPTION). I'll try to filter them out so they do not appear in the DS lists at all in a future update.
    Hi,

well i see it correct, that we will have all the time users with Beginner, Medium, Pro Skill-Option mixed on the Server?
    And everybody has maybe a different physical base, which depends on his Skill-Option set in pCARS?
    Best regards,
    Andreas

CPU: AMD FX8 8120 - RAM: 16GB Corsair PC1333 - GFX: (2x SLI) NVidia GTX 970 EVGA Superclocked - Display: ASUS MX299Q 29" 2560x1080 - MB: Asus Sabertooth 990FX - Wheel: Fanatec Porsche GT3 RS - HDD: Crucial 128GB SSD - Power: CoolerMaster 800 Watt - OS: Windows 10 64Bit

Stepan Vondrak
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    Hi,

well i see it correct, that we will have all the time users with Beginner, Medium, Pro Skill-Option mixed on the Server?
    And everybody has maybe a different physical base, which depends on his Skill-Option set in pCARS?
    The skill you choose when starting the game for the first time should affect only default singleplayer settings (assists and so on). All of those settings can then be reconfigured individually. They should not directly affect multiplayer - if the session allows ABS for example, it's personal preference of each member whether they have it enabled or disabled, if it's disallowed nobody will be able to turn it on.

Stepan Vondrak
    A new DS build has been uploaded to Steam. This changes one thing in Lua addon scripting - it separates configs and addon persistent data. This should make customized config more readable, the addons will just read them now and never save over them, so you will not lose your formatting or comments (also now retained from the default config).

Because file names have changed, any addon configs cutomized for the previous build will be ignored. You will need to rename your customized config, or apply the changes to the new file again.

Now the file name layout is:

1. All Lua files shipped with the Steam build are stored under the "lua" directory tree. Do not change anything in there, these files will be overwritten by future Steam updates.
    For hypothetical addon called "sms_addon", the files would be:
    • lua/sms_addon/sms_addon.json: The main addon metafile, with versions, list of Lua files to load etc
    • lua/sms_addon/sms_addon_default_config.json: The default configuration
    • lua/sms_addon/sms_addon.lua, or any other Lua files in the folders referenced from sms_addon.json: The addon scripts/code

2. Configuration and data saved by the addons are stored under the "lua_config" directory tree. For the "sms_addon" these would be:
    • lua_config/sms_addon_config.json: The config. When the addon is loaded for the first time, lua/sms_addon/sms_addon_default_config.json is copied here as is. You can then customize it. But do not change the "version : N" line. If the default config ever changes the version, this customized file will be backed up into sms_addon_config_vN_backup.json and the new default config will be copied over. This is to support significant changes in config formats that some addons might need as they develop, when the changes would prevent them from loading older config versions.
    • lua_config/sms_addon_data.json: Data saved by the addon. For example the "sms_rotate" addon saves the last used setup index here, which allows it to resume from the next setup when the server restarts, instead of always starting with the first setup. The addon "sms_stats" saves all accumulated persistent stats here.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: RomKnight, satco1066

WMD Member
    After the new DS build if have that problem that the guys get kicked automatically by the server. Message in chat is "was kicked from the session". Any ideas? I´m using the default server.cfg but activated API and disabled Lua. and set:
    controlGameSetup : true
    "ServerControlsTrack" : 1,
    "ServerControlsVehicleClass" : 1,
    "ServerControlsVehicle" : 1,

API Log shows:

{
    "index" : 28,
    "time" : 1442944648,
    "name" : "PlayerLeft",
    "refid" : 17921,
    "attributes" : {
    "Reason" : "left",
    "GameReasonId" : 2
    }

or

{
    "index" : 37,
    "time" : 1442944895,
    "name" : "PlayerLeft",
    "refid" : 65281,
    "attributes" : {
    "Reason" : "left",
    "GameReasonId" : 1
    }

What means:
    GameReasonId" : 1
    or
    GameReasonId" : 2
    ??
    Last edited by Big_Racer; 22-09-2015 at 18:18.

Kart Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by Stepan Vondrak View Post
    A new DS build has been uploaded to Steam. This changes one thing in Lua addon scripting - it separates configs and addon persistent data. This should make customized config more readable, the addons will just read them now and never save over them, so you will not lose your formatting or comments (also now retained from the default config).
    Any progress on this Valve thing not showing (or registering) servers in the in-game browser? I cannot get my server to show at all, though the server-side readout contains no errors. All needed ports are open.

I'm at a loss as to what to do to fix this.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan_Bernardo View Post
    Any progress on this Valve thing not showing (or registering) servers in the in-game browser? I cannot get my server to show at all, though the server-side readout contains no errors. All needed ports are open.

I'm at a loss as to what to do to fix this.
    Did you try searching for the server in the in-game browser with the exact server name?
    Still not showing up?

We have 5 servers up and running and not all of them will show up in the browser list, it's just luck since there are a lot of other servers running.
    As for the wmd server stats page, never managed to see the servers there... even though they show up fine in the browser list (even though searching for the server might be required to find it sometimes.)
    System: Win 10 x64, i5 3570K @4.2GHz, Asus P8Z77-V Pro, 16GB DDR3 ram, MSI GTX 970 4GB Gaming edition, HTC Vive, T500rs with GTE wheel + Ferrari F1 wheel + TH8A shifter + playseat
    Settings: All on lowest in hardware except Texture stuff on max.
    Launch options: -dx11mt -pthreads 4 -skipcrowds -vrnomirror