Page 11 of 59 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Dedicated Server API

WMD Member
    Ah looks great for welcome message or other things! I will implement it. I know how i will, really great thanks.

PS : If you can add the gap from leader, and gap from previous and next please , on sectors logs for example or only on laps logs, where you want, i forget this last time.
    Last edited by Ph0eNiX; 23-06-2015 at 16:20.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Very nice!
    This means you can warn a specific player (I assume you will also be able to message a single member) if they behave badly, and then automagically kick or even ban if doing something too many times, like too many impacts into other players!
    Just awesome!

On another note, I see a few of you have also started on creating nice applications. I guess I'm not the only one.

So far I've created an enjin html-module, which is simply just html/css/javascript to show live data from the dedicated server if a lobby/session is up for our group called UKCD. (http://ukcd.enjin.com/dsoverview sorry, this requires registration to be viewable, screenshot in action here: http://files.enjin.com.s3.amazonaws....1434827091.png )
    Few bugs which will get fixed like grid spots open, apparently the data I thought showed valid participants is not what I thought it was.
    I was also planning on creating a standalone application for more advanced stuff such as saving history of races and even show who crashed into who etc.

I'm wondering if anyone is creating their application open source? If not, I guess I will start one.
    Plan is to use laravel to fetch data from the server every now and then to save, then create a simple api there to use that data.
    Angular would be my choice for the frontend stuff.

For the open source part, I'm planning to have it here: https://github.com/mattias/pcdsh
    So far only the laravel framework with not much else. But more to come as soon as I find some free time
    Probably will make the frontend standalone as well, so that will be opened in another repository as soon as the api is done.
    System: Win 10 x64, i5 3570K @4.2GHz, Asus P8Z77-V Pro, 16GB DDR3 ram, MSI GTX 970 4GB Gaming edition, HTC Vive, T500rs with GTE wheel + Ferrari F1 wheel + TH8A shifter + playseat
    Settings: All on lowest in hardware except Texture stuff on max.
    Launch options: -dx11mt -pthreads 4 -skipcrowds -vrnomirror
    The following 4 users likes this Post: bmaytum, david42fr, Ph0eNiX, [PSR]Painkiller

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Great news and one question: why all of you developpers don't work with each others? When I see what is coming from various sources, I think that it could be developped a great app for controling and having live data on a website.

WMD Member
    Because we do not work with the same language , I already asked if some of the guys had some knowledge with NodeJS , without any response .

For example , I work with NodeJS , and he, like many others with PHP, but you can choose .

Why nodejs ? Because he working on the server side and that this is an asynchronous language, which is perfect for live data , and that requires no dependence aside from having nodejs installed, and a database. For explain with PHP the client have to request the server to refresh datas, whereas on NodeJs the server can send data to clients.

For example every 2 seconds my App call the API of Project Cars server and analyzes the data and performs operations "Send new data to the live, save the data in the database , create a results file . .. " And this is not possible with basic Php

I will soon make content available , and I hope some of you will try and help me develop in the future .
    Last edited by Ph0eNiX; 24-06-2015 at 10:09.
    The following 6 users likes this Post: david42fr, Kamel, kevinnn, Krobo, Maddox, Mattias

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Thanks for answer, that's quite clear for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Ph0eNiX View Post
    Because we do not work with the same language , I already asked if some of the guys had some knowledge with NodeJS , without any response .

For example , I work with NodeJS , and he, like many others with PHP, but you can choose .

Why nodejs ? Because he working on the server side and that this is an asynchronous language, which is perfect for live data , and that requires no dependence aside from having nodejs installed, and a database. For explain with PHP the client have to request the server to refresh datas, whereas on NodeJs the server can send data to clients.

For example every 2 seconds my App call the API of Project Cars server and analyzes the data and performs operations "Send new data to the live, save the data in the database , create a results file . .. " And this is not possible with basic Php

I will soon make content available , and I hope some of you will try and help me develop in the future .
    Hey, I'm surely interested in the source but not sure if I can help very much. I don't even manage to finish my current project (rewrite of pcars-rank.kamelstall.de with React and db backend)

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Actually, why not make this all written in Google Go? Don't even need to have anything installed on the server except the application you write.
    And Go is very good with API's... might reconsider... the rest is just html/css/javascript anyways.
    With Go the bottleneck would probably end up being the database, it's just that fast.

Thinking about maybe writing it in both php and Go just for the fun of it.
    The choices we have these days...

It's not very complicated though, like Ph0eNiX pointed out already... all you do is fetch some data from the dedicated server to save to a permanent database.
    Write a new/extended API with more features to use that data.
    Create frontends using that new API. Could be a smartphone app, could be just another webpage, maybe even a desktop application.

Would anyone else be interested in using Google Go for writing an extended api?

Edit:
    I've decided, and started on writing this in Google Go instead.
    It's blazing fast, no dependencies needed and just lovely to code in.
    Last edited by Mattias; 26-06-2015 at 12:57. Reason: Update
    System: Win 10 x64, i5 3570K @4.2GHz, Asus P8Z77-V Pro, 16GB DDR3 ram, MSI GTX 970 4GB Gaming edition, HTC Vive, T500rs with GTE wheel + Ferrari F1 wheel + TH8A shifter + playseat

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    I hope the chat will be behind some sort of permissions system...

For example, there could be a flag to allow spectators, and api calls to supply a username and password. Then these user details can be sent along with whatever request (like kick).

So for VDash's Race Monitor, anyone could 'watch' a race (if enabled at server), and if they enter credentials then they could also kick / ban players as well, with different credentials providing different levels of control
    i7-2600K (4.7GHz) | Asus P8P67 Pro | 16GB 1600MHz | EVGA GTX980ti SC + EVGA GTX670 4GB SC | 5760*1920 | Thrustmaster T300 GTE | Fanatec CSP v1
    VDash Android App | VDash community | VDash Latest Updates | VDash server building guide
    The following user likes this Post: Ph0eNiX

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by flynny75 View Post
    I hope the chat will be behind some sort of permissions system...
    You can already do this if you code that way when extending the api.
    First you need to proxy it through a server such as nginx that can add http auth.
    Secondly you need to create your extended api with the permission system
    And if you have the api open to the public, you should at least close down the kick command with http auth by using nginx like mentioned above.
    Otherwise anyone can kick people from your server

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    You can already do this if you code that way when extending the api.
    First you need to proxy it through a server such as nginx that can add http auth.
    Secondly you need to create your extended api with the permission system
    And if you have the api open to the public, you should at least close down the kick command with http auth by using nginx like mentioned above.
    Otherwise anyone can kick people from your server
    Right, but as Im sure you can imagine, setting all that up could be pretty intimidating, and it doesn't exactly help with the standardisation of the DS. The API should allow... It would be nice if the API provided access levels with users and passwords specified in the config
    Last edited by flynny75; 24-06-2015 at 23:54.
    i7-2600K (4.7GHz) | Asus P8P67 Pro | 16GB 1600MHz | EVGA GTX980ti SC + EVGA GTX670 4GB SC | 5760*1920 | Thrustmaster T300 GTE | Fanatec CSP v1
    VDash Android App | VDash community | VDash Latest Updates | VDash server building guide