Page 53 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: Dedicated Server API

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by satco1066 View Post
    Not you F1. I wrote "Thank you".
    Your tip helps how to get to "". Not helpful for germans, but for other ones.
    But not not the blah blah about Linux utf etc from wise guys
    My apologies. I misunderstood your post. Thanks for clarifying.
    CanAm Virtual Racing League - League President Twitter: @canamvrl @F1_Racer68
    System Specs
    CPU - AMD FX-8370 w/Wraith Cooler MoBo - GB-78LMT-USB3 (Rev 6.0) RAM - 24GB 1600 DDR3, Video - Zotac GTX1060 AMP! 6GB DDR5, OS - Win10 Pro 64bit, SSD - Corsair 240GB Force LE, Controller - Fanatec CSW v2.5, CSL Elite LC Pedals, DIY Button Box, G27 Shifter (USB) Monitor - Samsung UN28H4000AF 28" LED x3

Alexandru Marian
    Quote Originally Posted by aurel View Post
    Alexandru, what about just allowing the numeric track id as an alternative for the track name in the "TrackId" field of sms_rotate_config.json? I seem to remember that, in the main server configuration, only the numeric id is accepted in this field; I always thought it was a confusing inconsistency that I have to use the numeric id in one place and the name in another. So this solution would solve the problem for the "weird charset people" and mitigate this inconsistency.
    Quick update, found some time to look into this and you should actually be able to do it, for example this sets the track ID to Brands Hatch Indy:

Code:
    	"rotation" : [
    		{
    			// Any Road B car on Brands Hatch Indy, 5 minutes qualify then 3 lap race
    			"TrackId" : 1300627020,
    			"VehicleClassId" : "Road B",
    			"QualifyLength" : 5
    		}
    	]
    Of course you will need to check what each track's hash ID is in the ServerTypes PDF document.

I'm still looking into the other issues raised but they will take a bit more time.
    The following 9 users likes this Post: DFAlex, ermo, KAMPFBIBER81, Ramiboo, Riccardo De Rosa, RomKnight, satco1066, Siberian Tiger

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I noticed that DS is now on build 88. Does someone know what is (hopefully) fixed in this build?

Platform
    PC
    Probably just a version match
    ---
    My feedback is always on default setup unless stated otherwise. Auto-Clutch is OFF
    Still hoping for Estoril one day

| CPU: i5 8600K@5GHz | GPU: MSI GTX1080 Gaming X 8GB (397.31) (OC: +70/+450) | Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-p
    | RAM: 2x8GB DDR4 GoodRam Iridium 2400Mhz | PSU: Corsair TX850M | OS: Win10 x64 | Sound: Onboard Realtek ACL887 | C:\>: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB
    [B]| Monitor:[/B] 3x IPS LG23EA63 @5760x1080 (Bezel Corrected) -- HTC VIVE

| Wheel: CSWv2 + CSPv3(usb) + CSS SQv1.5 - (driver v310 - fw 455) | Damping: 100 | 900
    | In game: Deadzones: 0 |Sensitivity: 50 | Damping: 0
    | Wheel Profile: Sens: Aut | FF: 100 | SHo: 100 | ABS: 0 | Dri: OFF | For: 100 | Spr: 100 | Dpr: 100

| FFB: RAW|Gain: 100 | Volume: 50 | Tone: 50 | FX: 50 [B]

| Visual FX: Default except Interion Flare: Off
    | Performance - Aniso: 16x | MSAA: Medium | Vsync: Off | Grass: Low | Envmap/Reflections/Shadows: Low/medium/low | Car/Track: High | Blur: Off
    | E. Mirrors: Yes | Particles: High/High | SS: 1.2 | Sharpening Strength/Clamp: 0.6/0.045
    | Driving assists: ABS/TC, maybe - SC always OFF
    | CmdLine: -ffb600 -skipcrowds

Quote Originally Posted by Tiago Fortuna View Post
    Probably just a version match
    Now you have guessed ... in the PC version the game still has many bugs now. After yet another patch which dedicated to minor bug fixes it denotes the trend of development and support of pCARS. On the PC multiplayer dedicated server is no longer being developed and supported. Numerous bug and compromise the quality of MP on PCs.

-Replay are corrupt and have a bad quality with cars on the grid and cars with different liveries compared to race ... veichle not present in the replay.

-bug of pitstop wrapped doesn't return-after a session of nearly an hour on dedicated server with high bandwidth host, you experience lag in the game session.

-dedicated server bandwidth load is not totally run by itself but is shared a percentage even by the first user host and this compromises the online games of Championships when it drops the connection to the host.

-stability of the session MP with dedicated server very poor, despite having a dedicated server with wide bandwidth and client with excellent connections.

This only applies to the MP PC except that there are still bugs in the game that have not yet been resolved from day one:

-It takes to the track and the wheel does not respond and the only way to exit the runway is CTRL + ALT + DELATE invoking taskmenager to close pCARS.

-many times it happens that when you get off the wheel does not correspond to the same degree rotation as in previous sessions. you have to restart the game or even the PC.

-often the car physics is different than in earlier times. you have to restart the game and even the PC.

This thing happened in both Single Player and Multi Player ... the problem is in the MP especially when you're in League games such things happen ... and it's very sad not to be able to participate after spending time and effort to prepare.

These problems do not have happened only in my case but also to others who know. Many and all fed up with this situation.

that said, I'd read long ago that supporting the game would last 2 years, but looking at the latest patches and fixes that you've made it looks like the game seems intended as an end in itself.

I don't want to believe this I hope you do something to improve it.

Sorry for the outburst. but it's the truth.

Thx for all.
    Last edited by Kenaidoo; 22-03-2016 at 19:15.
    Laptop ASUS G73JH: I7-940XM @ 3,325 GHz for all cores 98 Watt TDP; RAM Patriot 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3 1333MHz; Graphic Card HD 7970M 2GB GDDR5 1050MHz/1500MHz Catalyst 14.12 Omega; HD SAMSUNG 840 PRO 256 GB and HD MOMENTUS XT 750 GB ; Display Full HD LED 40" 5ms; WiFi Intel Centrino N-6200; Router NETGEAR DGND3700; WHEEL: Thrustmaster T500RS Ferrari F1 Wheel Add On; CSP V2; LAMBORGHINI Universal Driving Station Professional.
    The following user likes this Post: Daynja

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenaidoo View Post
    Now you have guessed ... in the PC version the game still has many bugs now. After yet another patch which dedicated to minor bug fixes it denotes the trend of development and support of pCARS. On the PC multiplayer dedicated server is no longer being developed and supported. Numerous bug and compromise the quality of MP on PCs.

-Replay are corrupt and have a bad quality with cars on the grid and cars with different liveries compared to race ... veichle not present in the replay.

-bug of pitstop wrapped doesn't return-after a session of nearly an hour on dedicated server with high bandwidth host, you experience lag in the game session.

-dedicated server bandwidth load is not totally run by itself but is shared a percentage even by the first user host and this compromises the online games of Championships when it drops the connection to the host.

-stability of the session MP with dedicated server very poor, despite having a dedicated server with wide bandwidth and client with excellent connections.

This only applies to the MP PC except that there are still bugs in the game that have not yet been resolved from day one:

-It takes to the track and the wheel does not respond and the only way to exit the runway is CTRL + ALT + DELATE invoking taskmenager to close pCARS.

-many times it happens that when you get off the wheel does not correspond to the same degree rotation as in previous sessions. you have to restart the game or even the PC.

-often the car physics is different than in earlier times. you have to restart the game and even the PC.

This thing happened in both Single Player and Multi Player ... the problem is in the MP especially when you're in League games such things happen ... and it's very sad not to be able to participate after spending time and effort to prepare.

These problems do not have happened only in my case but also to others who know. Many and all fed up with this situation.

that said, I'd read long ago that supporting the game would last 2 years, but looking at the latest patches and fixes that you've made it looks like the game seems intended as an end in itself.

I don't want to believe this I hope you do something to improve it.

Thx for all.
    +1

Platform
    PC
    No release notes?

I'm shure it will look like following lines, but it should be on page 1.

--
    22.03.2016 - Build 88
    Protocol version 1.36, compatible with game patch 10.0. No other visible changes.
    --
    Every car could be a race car, as long as you have the balls to drive it like that !

System MSI Mortar Titanium B450 | CPU Ryzen 5-3600x | RAM 32GB DDR4 | GPU RTX2080ti 11GB | OS Win 10 pro x64 V1903 | Screen Samsung KU6179 4k 49"
    Base Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer | Rim 458TX, GTE, T500RS Rim, TS-PC | Pedals Fanatec CSPv3 | Gearshifter TM T8HA | Button Box BBJ SimRacing 30F pro series
    HMD Oculus CV1 / HP Reverb | Motion Next Level Motion V3
    Devil's Core - Drivers Club ( german language )
    Closed Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/devilscoredriversclub/
    The following user likes this Post: KingE71

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenaidoo View Post
    Now you have guessed ...

...omissis...

Thx for all.

After six months working hard to build a league and a drivers community nothing works. Stone tyres, crashes, disconnections, lags, unaccettable replays.... a long list of bugs could follow.

Then the only dev really working about multiplayer was fired.

At the end our league was destroyed by Pcars bugs, multiplayer is a walking dead and Pcars is a joke, as AC is a joke too.

The solution? iRacing, expensive but working.

See you never.

The previous comments say, in a simple and complete, what pCARS is: so many promises, but they all disregarded.
    It is not a little angry, because the years of testing the game. As mentioned above, you are now committed to making cash with DLC (where they do not lack the bugs). the game support? What the fuck cares ?? The money you made them.
    You will also develop a simulator of the madonna in pCARS 2, but as far as I have lost face and my estimation.
    I have also been tweaking iRacing ...! Game I always hated about the cost, but I changed my mind! On the contrary of your product, the game works and has a fantastic multiplayer structure.
    I leave you forever. I hope you read this post, while on break from post screen of the game on facebook.
    Goodbye!
    Case: CMStacker - Motherboard: ASUS P8 Z77-V PRO - CPU: Intel Core I5 3570K - VGA: Palit JetStream GeForce GTX 970 4GB - RAM: 16GB Corsair DDR3 1600 Mhz - SSD: Samsung Serie 830 250GB - HDD: Segate Barracuda 500GB & Samsung 1TB - Keyboard: Logitech G15 - Mouse - Logitech G500s - Monitor ASUS VE278 27" & LG TV LED 32'' FULL HD 32LB561V - Audio: Creative Soundblaster Z - Casse: Logitech X-530 - Cuffie: Logitech G35 - Volante: Logitech G27 Mod RF Full+SLI Mod - Windows 8.1 x64 PRO

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ademir View Post
    The previous comments say, in a simple and complete, what pCARS is: so many promises, but they all disregarded.
    It is not a little angry, because the years of testing the game. As mentioned above, you are now committed to making cash with DLC (where they do not lack the bugs). the game support? What the fuck cares ?? The money you made them.
    You will also develop a simulator of the madonna in pCARS 2, but as far as I have lost face and my estimation.
    I have also been tweaking iRacing ...! Game I always hated about the cost, but I changed my mind! On the contrary of your product, the game works and has a fantastic multiplayer structure.
    I leave you forever. I hope you read this post, while on break from post screen of the game on facebook.
    Goodbye!
    You guys realise that here is still the dedicated server api thread and not "Complain and Goodbye" - posts? According to your 1 green bar and 7 posts in this forum after 1 year, i really cant believe you tested so much in these many years of WMD.

We all know now that pCars1 is not the game it wanted to be, still it has some good features. Your DLC comment is completly absurd. Look at the prizing, 5 dollars for couple cars and a track. I really do not believe SMS is doing so much cash with it. If you are more happy buying for 11,95 Dollar one car in iRacing or 14,95 dollar for a track then go for it. But also do not forget that iRacing is in development since 13 years. You are comparing a game which is over a decade tweaked, patched and whatever versus a game which was in development for 2 years and now released since a year. Your comparison is crap, sorry mate.
    Founder Member of RevolutionSimRacing - RSR Website - pCars2 Thread
    Steam: t0daY - YouTube: t0daYtv
    My Pc: Intel i7 2600, 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 RAM (2x4GB), Gainward Geforce GTX 760, Kingston SSD 240GB, Windows 10
    My Rig: T300 Racing Base, 599XX EVO Wheel (Alcantara Edition), T3PA Pro Pedals (with Conical Rubber Mod) & TH8A Shifter
    The following user likes this Post: TonyR