Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: rain?? how to drive?? or is it a bug?

rocafella1978

Question rain?? how to drive?? or is it a bug?

question for all:
    is driving in any rain condition in PCars just hard or is it a bug that no matter which car I pick, no matter what tires i put on the car(s) and even feather the throttle on controller the car(s) spin like crazy out of control but yet AI drivers are on magnetic rails/ wheels or something????
    just curious, since i have been able to complete a single lap in rain without crashing and or damaging the car(s)...and yes i spent about 4 hours today just on that various tracks, various tires, various cArs, various conditions...and all failed miserably to be able to complete one lap...??????

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Going fast in the rain is going to harder, thats not a bug.

The AI not being affected by weather conditions is a known issue.
    The following user likes this Post: LADY GEMMA JANE

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Use softer settings on your car and lower Tire pressure, i think this will help a lot! And of course Use Rain tires!!!

rocafella1978
    have gone lowest setting to be honest, will make a video and post I think is easier. no matter what car i pick, have lowered tire pressure and no help, i think might be already flat tires...LOL and softer settings all around.

BUT: if someone has a specific vehicle and specific track and has the RAIN setup, would love to give it a try and test it out. so far i have not been able to control a single car in rain, for more than 2x straights and 3-4x turns....(usually end up damaging and crashing the car)

Umer Ahmad
    Dont compare yourself to AI, they are too good in rain
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Luke Townsend

Car Physics and AI
    Just to be clear on this. There are two things here. The major "too fast in the rain" bug is when the ai is on slicks (racecars) and the weather changes to rain during the race. The AI was seeing it like they had rain tires on. So they would be considerably faster than the players car on slicks. So if you tried to stretch your pitstop any length (like near the end of the race), the player would get killed. This is already fixed, but won't be out real soon because of the testing cycle etc.

The other is when the player and AI are both on rain tires as in a dedicated race that starts in the rain. In this situation most cars are much closer to the players with some a close match and other a bit on the fast side. I'm currently going through testing and tweaking the slick based racecars now and will move to the treaded street cars after that. This will take a couple of weeks most likely. Can't say when this will be released. Thanks everyone for the feedback and patience

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    When i use rain tires, softer suspension and pushing shock absorber absorber harder and pulling shock absorber softer it works !! But I Cant Run like it's dry, thats normal !! It need a lot of runs to know how fast you can go in which corner !!
    But I m a beginner too !! I m not sure, if i m richtig right with all !!
    There is a PDF online called "21step Setup guide guide" that works to me
    The following user likes this Post:

rocafella1978
    Quote Originally Posted by JayChristmas View Post
    When i use rain tires, softer suspension and pushing shock absorber absorber harder and pulling shock absorber softer it works !! But I Cant Run like it's dry, thats normal !! It need a lot of runs to know how fast you can go in which corner !!
    But I m a beginner too !! I m not sure, if i m richtig right with all !!
    There is a PDF online called "21step Setup guide guide" that works to me
    thank you all will try. (and yes of course know that it is different than in dry conditions, just don't remember spinning wheels and losing control so much in real life, but also didn't have GT3 car only street version ZR1 (C6) 2009 on the Ring, yes indeed not the same as dry weather but surely kick down/ full throttle in rainy conditions did not feel the same for me personally i can ONLY say. i am sure many others have their own experience. (and yes i was on the Ring in Sept'2009!!)

will look for some pointers for the game, setup guides, PDF's and etc. many thanks for your support and help guys.

rocafella1978
    Quote Originally Posted by Umer Ahmad View Post
    Dont compare yourself to AI, they are too good in rain
    possible to win at all against AI at 100% in rain??? or is that mission impossible?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    For me it depends on the track and the car! And also depends on the length of the race! So when i know a track and qualify on pole with ki 90 or even 100, it's possibil to win a short race! But it's hard for many laps to stay without fail, and even the oil temperqture can make problems! In real you have more feeling to the powers in the corner and in rain! I think that make the different für me!
    So with some cars or on some tracks i Run ki 70% and on others 80% or, in the rain Perhaps 60 or 50
    I already made some setups for Ruf gt3, the stockcar and Ford Sierra, i will Post it here and people can try, if they like and give some feedback
    The following user likes this Post: