Thread: AI awareness?

Platform
    PS4

AI awareness?

I'm not quite sure how this works so bear with me as I might explain it wrong.

First off I've got no problems at all with how the AI race infact I think there proberly the best of any racing game I've played and I've played lots lol

When I say there the best what I mean is there the best until they get near you or you get near to them then it feels like there unaware that your on the track ( not sure your understand what I mean)

They seem to be alerted to your presence when your right on top of them, which in most case's is to late to avoid an impact.

Like I say great AI just wish they was aware of your presence a fair bit earlier.
    PS4
    Apologies Grammar not so great, building skills first class

Platform
    PS4
    In some cases you are right , but I've seen the AI barrel up the inside of a decreasing radius turn (Silverstone long right before pits) and take me clean out when I had was in front and had the line. That I couldn't forgive. I've started to analyze incidents in slo-mo to see if I was at fault. 9 out of 10 times these guys are just plain unruly.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDRIFT View Post
    In some cases you are right , but I've seen the AI barrel up the inside of a decreasing radius turn (Silverstone long right before pits) and take me clean out when I had was in front and had the line. That I couldn't forgive. I've started to analyze incidents in slo-mo to see if I was at fault. 9 out of 10 times these guys are just plain unruly.
    Like you I've been watching some replays back and I honestly feel they don't know your there, do the cars not have some sort of parameter box Programmed around them? maybe this could be enlarged?
    PS4
    Apologies Grammar not so great, building skills first class

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by wraithsrike View Post
    Like you I've been watching some replays back and I honestly feel they don't know your there, do the cars not have some sort of parameter box Programmed around them? maybe this could be enlarged?
    In the example I used it really did appear as you say.

Platform
    PC
    When racing in VR with the dk2 you can see that they are aware of you. They do howewer act dynamicly, and makes a race intressting. Treat them fair and as you would a real person, they will shine...

Often it is the strange full throttle full brake player car behaviour that is freaking them out...
    CPU i5 3450 @ 3.3GHz | Asus P885-M | RAM 8GB 1666 MHz | GPU GTX970 OC 4G GDDR5 | OS Windows 10 pro 64-bit | Wheel G25 |Oculus Rift DK2|