Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Game is unplayable...controls are terrible.

Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Yeah your pad looks better than the Xbox pad to me.
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 385.69)| Displays: 55" LG 4K UHD TV @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim mod springs (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few helpful links for you

Platform
    PS4
    Honestly buddy this game has a steap learning curve, I play on the xbox one and my controller / Steering is VERY hyper sensitive, but not unplayable.

This game will bite you if you drive in an arcade style, practice buddy then practice practice some more.
    PS4
    Apologies Grammar not so great, building skills first class

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Its fine if you dont agree with me or dont believe me,i still cant play.

You can test something yourself, go in free mode any car,i tested with audi r8 v10, bring you car to a full stop somewhere straight and do a quick left right with keyboard/wheel/pad whatever you have,i tried keyboard/pad and look at the car being jumpy for no reason.
    Now try in real life and other racing games/simulators if you can, and tell me does your car wobble from side to side when steer fast left/right while full stopeed? that wobble gets even worse at higher speeds.
    If you guys are truly simulator enthusiasts you cant tell me thats how it should be.

Gamepad or not if cant even countersteer then wheres the challenge? all i have to do is perfect drive so i dont lose it, anyway i give up ill wait for patches if they dont fix it its just a lost cause i guess.
    Maybe with wheel is awesome like most racing games,cant tell and im not going to buy an expensive wheel just to test this game out that i believe has a bit broken physics and controls.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Buy a wheel man. You can get them on EBay for PC from 10.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by deviant88 View Post
    ...i played F1 2012/2013 for a looong time with no assists this simulator is a joke.
    Bringing those games up makes you look like a joke, actually.
    1996: Super Nintendo l 1998: Nintendo 64 l 1999: PlayStation l 2001: PlayStation 2 l 2007: PlayStation 3 l 2011: Nintendo 3DS l 2014: PlayStation 4
    Add me on PSN for clean racing: PiinK_eMo_GiiRL

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by deviant88 View Post
    Sorry to make a complain thread that everyone is going to bash but before a purchase the game should come with a disclaimer/Warning "NOT PLAYABLE ON PC WITH GAMEPAD/KEYBOARD/MOUSE".
    Im sorry i played many racing games simulators and arcade,F1 series shift series and many more without assists manual shifting and full realism etc and ive managed to do quite well with my gamepad and keyb.
    But this game is not playable.
    With keyboard or mouse the wheel is all over the place and has an annoying deadzone in the middle even with deadzone and sensitivity at 0.

Gamepad barely works i managed to finish a couple of races and its all good until assists are off.
    Brakes/Throttle- without pedals the sliding of the car is insane like im driving on ice and the brakes lock makes it worse my tires wear off after 1-2 laps and becomes ice skating with a car not driving.
    Cars are too wobbly,when i do short taps left/right steering the cars act really weird jumpy like it doesnt have any shock absorbers only very stiff springs which is very unrealistic.

When i want to save from a slide its worse,i have to just let the car spin,if i try any countersteering oh god the wheel jumps from one side to another + springy problems mentioned above goes into an unrecoverable spining that ruins my car even more.

And here comes the number 1 ruining part of the game, everytime my car slips outside the track even a bit my lap times get invalidated,i ragequited after a day of trying to qualify in career and online without success.
    All the problems with controls mentioned above + agreesive penalties and i cant do anything in this game,only to start my race on last position and have a terrible racing experience.

I wish you would fix these problems but as it goes with games nowdays no hope for anything.
    Sorry this game is too unpolished in the controls area for a racing simulator,feels broken at times.

Isnt there anyway to make a different steering/acceleration/brake control system for gamepad/keyboard? it would probably need more assists or a system that simulates over time braking/throtle,for example when i press up arrow(or any custom throtle button) the acceleration goes from 0% to 100% over 1-2 seconds and have a different button for 100% acceleration,same for braking.How am i suposed to not lock the brakes or fishtail with on/off buttons on throtle/brakes with no control over them?
    Im actually a little confused by your OP...

At first you say you can do ok until you turn all the assists off, then you ask the developers to add more assists to support your lack of competiveness with your chosen peripherals?

It seems to me as if you think you might be better than you actually are.

Im also really not sure how you expect a ~700 bhp car weighing around 600kg to react when you floor the throttle without traction control switched on?

basically your post says to me " I love driving simulators such as this game, I just wish they were less simulation, so I can win more".

Confusing.

EDIT: I actually have a nice wheel and pedal set, and I also struggle to get the power down out of slow corners using FA cars without it trying to switch ends with no TC. Its not the games fault! Ive also played all the CM F1 titles with no assists, It's simply because I'm not Lewis Hamilton incarnate and I need to practice, or use the assists already provided to me to match my skill set.
    Last edited by SIR_Driftalot; 19-05-2015 at 21:52.
    The following user likes this Post: Pink_650S

Platform
    PC
    Nevermind, misread a word..
    WIPSystem: Intel i5 4670k 3.4GHz; Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16gb DDr3 1866mhz; Crucial M4 128gb; Asus ROG Z87 Maximus VI Hero; Asus DirectCUII GTX 580; Win 7 Ultimate x64, G25

Platform
    PC
    Xbox 360 wired controller works well on the PC version, I really do not know what you are complaining about. A wheel would be faster and gives better control, but not everyone has one and a controller is a good alternative.
    CPU: Intel i5-4690 @ 3.5GHz | GPU: Nvidia Gigabyte GTX 970 G1, 4GB | MoBo: Gigabyte G1 Sniper H6 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 | PSU: Corsair CS750M | HDD: Plextor 256GB SSD & WD 4TB HDD | OS: Win 7 Professional, 64-bit | Display: LG 42" TV | Audio: Logitech Z906 | Control: Xbox 360 controller

Platform
    PS4
    The controls are terrible, but it is not unplayable.

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    The controls are only terrible until you find a setting for the controller you're comfortable with. I looked around at people's posted controller settings and went from there, now the settings are almost perfect for me with a controller (no it will never be as great as a wheel would be).

But its very playable with a controller with the proper settings.