Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: WRC - Western Racing Community

Platform
    PS4

WRC - Western Racing Community

When I browse these forums, I see two groups of overlapping people: Europeans and self-proclaimed "sim-gods" who race with a Sparco seat, €4000 wheel, and a racing suit with helmet who believe that everyone likes to drive from the helmet view only and with less assists than an 19th century steam train.

As such, I have taken it upon myself to form the WRC, aka the Western Racing Community. We at WRC are focused on organizing a community of racers from (but not limited to*) the United States and Canada.
    (*We will also allow Mexico and Caribean racers, but knowing English is a prerequisite for that.)

The WRC is also welcome to drivers of all skill levels, from weekend drivers with little experience to those who can drive the Nurburing blindfolded in reverse. Assists are allowed in this community, as I feel that most of us can't drive a car without traction control with ease.

The WRC is a laid-back community, focusing more on connections between drivers rather than forming a serious racing league or circuit. However, this doesn't mean we are uncompetive and that any races between members are a lawless free-for-all. We expect members to drive as clean as possible, aside from the usual "bumps" and "bangs" of racing (we avoid using pit maneuvers, break checks, or other forms of intentional destruction). We also figure that if you bought the game, you're probably going to try to at least land on the podium every race.

So, if you're from North America and are looking for some people who are local enough to keep a stable connection, the WRC is for you!

Contact PSNID redline2400 for more details.

And if you're looking to join, head here too:
    http://westernracingcom.proboards.com/
    It's our forum. Get an account there and post your PSN if you want in.
    Last edited by redline2400; 23-05-2015 at 05:14.
    The following user likes this Post: Hottracer88

Platform
    PS4
    Totally interested, and was even considering starting something like this myself. A lot of European players on this forum but not many NAs. I like the idea of it being open and honest v.s. purely competitive. I just added you on PSN.

If you want/need to make a logo/simple website/blog, I'd be happy to take that on!
    PSN: HarryHoodlum / WRC is a clean racing group with a casual approach to events (for now) / Join the forums, then join us online for nightly races! http://westernracingcom.proboards.com/
    The following user likes this Post: redline2400

Platform
    PS4
    Thanks for the quick response, just accepted the friend request on PSN. While I am planing on making a weebly site (since I 1. Don't have Adobe Dreamweaver and 2. Don't have money to spend on a high-quality domain), I'm not quite the graphic designer. If you're up to make a logo for us, I'd be happy if you could do so. You don't have to, only if you want to.

But yeah, I've been seeing very few non-ultra competitive groups and no groups based out of NA (probably due to this not having NASCAR but oh well, less people complaining for Talladega) so I wanted to make one. And after talking to some friends, I decided to go ahead with it.

Once again, thanks for joining.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Hottracer88, Mr.Smoke

Platform
    PS4
    What about a european with a 120k connection?
    1996: Super Nintendo l 1998: Nintendo 64 l 1999: PlayStation l 2001: PlayStation 2 l 2007: PlayStation 3 l 2011: Nintendo 3DS l 2014: PlayStation 4
    Add me on PSN for clean racing: PiinK_eMo_GiiRL

Platform
    PS4
    Fair enough. I realized this is one of few (if not only) communities that don't force you to wear a racing suit so yeah, why not. But only if that connection is smooth both sides of the Atlantic (but I assume you wouldn't be asking if it wasn't).
    The following user likes this Post: Pink_650S

Platform
    PC
    Im up for this as well. Will add you on PSN right now OP.
    Ryzen 5 1600X - Gigabyte AB350 Gaming - 16GB - Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X - Coolermaster Storm Striker -
    750W Modular - Two 265GB SSD - 1TB HDD

G29

Platform
    PS4
    Nice.

Also M-R---S-M-O-K-E, I feel as though I've seen your name on the leaderboards. If that's the case, nice job.
    The following user likes this Post: Mr.Smoke

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by redline2400 View Post
    Thanks for the quick response, just accepted the friend request on PSN. While I am planing on making a weebly site (since I 1. Don't have Adobe Dreamweaver and 2. Don't have money to spend on a high-quality domain), I'm not quite the graphic designer. If you're up to make a logo for us, I'd be happy if you could do so. You don't have to, only if you want to.

But yeah, I've been seeing very few non-ultra competitive groups and no groups based out of NA (probably due to this not having NASCAR but oh well, less people complaining for Talladega) so I wanted to make one. And after talking to some friends, I decided to go ahead with it.

Once again, thanks for joining.
    Cool! I'll put some looks together for the fun of it and we can move from there
    PSN: HarryHoodlum / WRC is a clean racing group with a casual approach to events (for now) / Join the forums, then join us online for nightly races! http://westernracingcom.proboards.com/

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by redline2400 View Post
    Fair enough. I realized this is one of few (if not only) communities that don't force you to wear a racing suit so yeah, why not. But only if that connection is smooth both sides of the Atlantic (but I assume you wouldn't be asking if it wasn't).
    I've raced with Pink and her ping was good.

Platform
    PC
    As is her lap times!!
    Ryzen 5 1600X - Gigabyte AB350 Gaming - 16GB - Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X - Coolermaster Storm Striker -
    750W Modular - Two 265GB SSD - 1TB HDD

G29
    The following 3 users likes this Post: HarryHoodlum, Pink_650S, redline2400