Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [NO REWIND] Flashback?

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by JessicaWalter View Post
    i think people that want a rewind should play another game.

this is what happens when little league gives the losing teams trophies...every kid grows up wanting everything handed to them
    So what about those being punished by bugs in the game? Rewinding the few seconds before the steering wheel randomly turns into the wall isn't acceptable?

Platform
    PS4
    you don't introduce a gamebreaking cheat feature to band-aid some bugs.

the bugs will be fixed and then the cheat will still be there and if they try to take it away the "i dont know how to play" crowd will complain enough to keep it. its a slippery slope and i really hope this game doesnt go down it. things like rewind would make me build a gaming rig and just switch over to AC or something. dont forza this beautiful game into mediocrity
    The following 5 users likes this Post: eracerhead, Lars Rosenquist, Mad LL, madmax2069

Platform
    XBOX1

the bugs will be fixed and then the cheat will still be there and if they try to take it away the "i dont know how to play" crowd will complain enough to keep it. its a slippery slope and i really hope this game doesnt go down it. things like rewind would make me build a gaming rig and just switch over to AC or something. dont forza this beautiful game into mediocrity
    What is wrong with making the game slightly more appealing to people new to sims?

It already has the steering and brake assists. I must have missed your post to remove those immediately lol, I'm surprised you're still here! :P

We all started somewhere. If it wasn't for Forza, Gran Turismo, TOCA... pCARS wouldn't have the fan base it currently has. Remember, this will sell way more on consoles than PCs. It's not like you must use the 'rewind' and it doesn't affect online racing... So where is the real harm being done? Only to people who want to boast they race a 'Sim' and how much more 'real' it is compared to Forza/GT. If you want to get rid of people who have never been able to play a Sim before, then where does the new blood come from?

Platform
    PS4
    the new blood comes from producing a great game, which sms have done. keep adding things to make it easier and it will just blend in with the rest of the racing "games" on console. i haven't enjoyed a console racing game in prolly 10 years.

and for the record, i said i was against rewind feature in all games unless it's an integral part of the game and you NEED it to complete certain parts that aren't possible without it.

there is no reason to rewind at all. you get all the cars already so you don't need to earn them. what do you need rewind for if the times and races you win using it aren't even legit?

if you can't finish a race then lower the laps and practice.
    (im not talking about bugs, as i believe those will be fixed)

did you gyys used to do homework with the teachers version of the textbook as well? everyone wants shortcuts. shortcuts lead to invalidated lap times -_-

Kart Driver
    I'd probably never use a rewind feature in career races or qualifying, but you guys thinking "sim" equals "should do everything just like real life" need to stretch your imagination. My ideal simulator (for any vehicle, not just cars) would allow me to practice one very specific aspect of driving/piloting over and over with as little downtime as possible. While the rewind feature was originally used as a difficulty level assist like brake help, throttle control, racing line, etc., it could also be really useful to practice hitting a single turn over and over and over until you really learn the correct entry/apex/exit points for that turn.

It has already been covered, but I would think that free practice would have unlimited rewinds, then whatever your overall difficulty level for career or single race weekend or whatever would have some limited amount per lap/race/whatever. And obviously none of this would be in multiplayer, so how ever someone wants to cheat on their own single player game is up to them anyway.

For flight sims there are a number of titles that allow you to do the equivalent of "rewind" in this fashion with mission generators or custom mission editors, where you can create a scenario for yourself and then drill it until it is perfect.

The problem with racing sims is that if you want to practice turn number 14 at Nordschleife at speed, you only get to practice that turn once every 7.5 minutes or so, depending on how fast your car is and how much you suck. How cool would it be to be able to practice every inch of that track, one corner at a time until you nailed every corner?
    The following 2 users likes this Post: ao1977, TrevorAustin

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    I wouldn't use it, never used it in Forza. I dont need it.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Just to be clear, we're still talking about offline. Personally I don't think it's cheating and ultimately who cares if it is?
    The following user likes this Post: TrevorAustin

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    If you can't finish a race then lower the laps and practice.
    It's not really a question of "can't", take a race I had a few days ago...

Formula B, Race at Dubai, started 14th for a 26 lap race. Pit lap 18 from 7th, a few laps later cat jumps on the desk, breaks concentration, spin, hit wall, no front wing and tracking knocked out of alignment.

I could have pitted and finished the race, but that would be dull and disappointing. I didn't have time to restart the race and fit it in so I had to quit pcars for the evening.

A flashback would set me back a few corners before and I could carry on. Race for another 10 minutes, finish somewhere in the top 10, all happy, sprint race tomorrow!
    The following user likes this Post: TrevorAustin

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky28 View Post
    Personally I hate the idea!

Rewind isn't for sims as there's no rewind in a real race
    Nor is AI driving into you after a sensible overtake after they've bounced across the chicane at Monza, an hour into a race, completely ruining it. Not like I'm racing against Schumacher
    MSI X99 Gaming 7, 16GB Hyper-X XMP Predator EVGA SC ACX 2 980Ti 1252/1446 boost ram 7776Ghz 64deg max, I7 5820K running at 4.6Ghz 60deg max, Corsair RM850, Thrustmaster T500RS and F1/T28 leather rim, Windows 8.1, Rift dk2, gt omega rs6 pro, 1080p triples bezel corrected to 6080*1080, Game settings at max except in-game AA, Nvidia inspector/maxwell AA on/transparency on/32*CSAA/8*SGSS/FXAA on, sim vibe chassis/4*Reckhorn 200s 200 watt Onkyo Amp.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by madmax2069 View Post
    I wouldn't use it, never used it in Forza. I dont need it.
    Wow, then nobody should have it. I don't need power assisted steering in my car, should we remove it?
    MSI X99 Gaming 7, 16GB Hyper-X XMP Predator EVGA SC ACX 2 980Ti 1252/1446 boost ram 7776Ghz 64deg max, I7 5820K running at 4.6Ghz 60deg max, Corsair RM850, Thrustmaster T500RS and F1/T28 leather rim, Windows 8.1, Rift dk2, gt omega rs6 pro, 1080p triples bezel corrected to 6080*1080, Game settings at max except in-game AA, Nvidia inspector/maxwell AA on/transparency on/32*CSAA/8*SGSS/FXAA on, sim vibe chassis/4*Reckhorn 200s 200 watt Onkyo Amp.