Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: [ANSWERED] Where is tyre wear indicator?

  1. #1
    Superkart Pilot lordymatsuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    UK, Somerset
    Posts
    366
    Platform
    PS4

    [ANSWERED] Where is tyre wear indicator?

    Ok so the tyres go from Blue (Cold) Green (Optimal) Red (Hot)

    Hot tyres can be cooled back to Optimal, however there is no where that I can find that shows tyre wear? Is this intended to be down to driver discretion of the handling of the car or is it an oversight as it would be nice to have a visual indication of how bad my tyres are getting before they fall off the edge. Also tyre wear in general, we have tested 10 lap GT3 races with Tyre wear set at x7 and still not needed to pit.

  2. #2
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Posts
    158
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by lordymatsuo View Post
    Ok so the tyres go from Blue (Cold) Green (Optimal) Red (Hot)

    Hot tyres can be cooled back to Optimal, however there is no where that I can find that shows tyre wear? Is this intended to be down to driver discretion of the handling of the car or is it an oversight as it would be nice to have a visual indication of how bad my tyres are getting before they fall off the edge. Also tyre wear in general, we have tested 10 lap GT3 races with Tyre wear set at x7 and still not needed to pit.
    It's not there. There's no way to see your tyre wear except if you're using a PC.

  3. #3
    Moderator Sankyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    7,845
    Platform
    PC
    There is no tyre wear indicator, basically because in reality race car drivers also don't have it But it's on the list of HUD improvements. Your tyre wear indicator is the car's performance.

    Tyres don't wear as much as people may expect or have gotten used to from other games, and also performance doesn't change as dramatically with wear (at least at first) as people seem to expect. Tyres do wear in the game, it's not broken as confirmed by the devs, although some tyres may be a bit conservative.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

    With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    The following 3 users likes this Post: CHEN255, McKiernan, MysterG


  4. #4
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Posts
    158
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Remco Van Dijk View Post
    There is no tyre wear indicator, basically because in reality race car drivers also don't have it But it's on the list of HUD improvements. Your tyre wear indicator is the car's performance.
    Drivers don't have racing line indicators or turn signals either
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Awong124, ivan-hoe78


  5. #5
    Superkart Pilot lordymatsuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    UK, Somerset
    Posts
    366
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Remco Van Dijk View Post
    There is no tyre wear indicator, basically because in reality race car drivers also don't have it But it's on the list of HUD improvements. Your tyre wear indicator is the car's performance.

    Tyres don't wear as much as people may expect or have gotten used to from other games, and also performance doesn't change as dramatically with wear (at least at first) as people seem to expect. Tyres do wear in the game, it's not broken as confirmed by the devs, although some tyres may be a bit conservative.
    That's what I thought it might be However the note about tyre wear I think I have different experiences. I have raced a 10 lap race in a cosworth and needed to pit twice as the tyres fell off after lap 3 and lap 7. That was fun, but with the same tyre wear settings in the Aston Martin vantage I can do the full race with no pitting. I know different cars will burn tyres in different ways but that's quite a difference don't you think?

  6. #6
    Superkart Pilot Awong124's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    352
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Remco Van Dijk View Post
    There is no tyre wear indicator, basically because in reality race car drivers also don't have it But it's on the list of HUD improvements. Your tyre wear indicator is the car's performance.
    That's understandable, and I somewhat agree with that logic, but it would be nice to have an indicator with a rough estimate of how many laps each tire is capable of in the setup menu before a session. So we would know kind of what to expect when planning race strategies. Just pretend that the testing was done for us, and save us some time.


    Quote Originally Posted by Remco Van Dijk View Post
    Tyres don't wear as much as people may expect or have gotten used to from other games, and also performance doesn't change as dramatically with wear (at least at first) as people seem to expect. Tyres do wear in the game, it's not broken as confirmed by the devs, although some tyres may be a bit conservative.
    Yeah, I noticed when I did the McLaren F1 at Zolder invitational that after a 30 minute stint the car had less grip and I was ~2 seconds slower per lap than at the beginning, even though I've burned off about 65L of fuel.
    The following user likes this Post: CHEN255


  7. #7
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    20
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by lordymatsuo View Post
    Ok so the tyres go from Blue (Cold) Green (Optimal) Red (Hot)

    Hot tyres can be cooled back to Optimal, however there is no where that I can find that shows tyre wear? Is this intended to be down to driver discretion of the handling of the car or is it an oversight as it would be nice to have a visual indication of how bad my tyres are getting before they fall off the edge. Also tyre wear in general, we have tested 10 lap GT3 races with Tyre wear set at x7 and still not needed to pit.
    Press left on your D-pad, either on the hand controller or wheel.

    Press it repeatedly to cycle through the various menus. It will give you brake temps on one more comprehensive setting, and on the other which is more basic - but with rearview mirror, bottom right icon shows your tyres blue, green and red indication.

    Try reading the manuals for the game basics. Sorry if that sounds like teaching you to suck eggs.

  8. #8
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    154
    Platform
    PS4
    Do you watch F1? The most technically advanced cars in the world? They don't have a tyre wear indicator.
    The following user likes this Post: CHEN255


  9. #9
    WMD Member Franco Ferrari's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Piacenza, Italy
    Posts
    577
    Platform
    PC
    As far as I know, when the tyres become red and stay red... it means they are worn out.
    But I may well be wrong on this one.
    "I was playing pCARS on PC before it was mainstream" - cit.

    MB: Asus Strix Z270F Gaming
    CPU: i5-7600K @4.63GHz
    RAM: 16GB (2x 8GB) Corsair Vengeance LED 2666mhz
    GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 Gaming A8G
    HD: Corsair MP500 240Gb M.2 PCIe + Crucial MX300 1Tb M.2 SATA
    Audio: Onboard Realtech sound chip + Sennheiser headphones / stereo speakers
    Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 w/ P1 Elite rim + Fanatec Clubsport Pedals V3 + Fanatec Clubsport Shifter SQ + Playseat racing seat
    Monitor: Asus PA 238Q - 23" 1920x1080 P-IPS
    VR: Oculus Rift CV1 + Oculus Touch Controllers
    Case & PSU: NZXT H440 V.2, Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate, Corsair RM850i
    Operating System: Windows 10 Pro N, nVidia WHQL Drivers 388.31

  10. #10
    Superkart Pilot apexatspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    497
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by RigsXF73 View Post
    Press left on your D-pad, either on the hand controller or wheel.

    Press it repeatedly to cycle through the various menus. It will give you brake temps on one more comprehensive setting, and on the other which is more basic - but with rearview mirror, bottom right icon shows your tyres blue, green and red indication.

    Try reading the manuals for the game basics. Sorry if that sounds like teaching you to suck eggs.
    Those are tire temperatures not tire degradation.
    The M6 GT3, R8 LMS, and AMG GT3 would be a perfect German rivals DLC. I'd pay 15 dollars just for those 3 cars.

Similar Threads

  1. [Not missed. N/A] Tyre (Tire) wear indicator? How was this miased.?
    By X Gabe 62 X in forum Feature Suggestions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 22-05-2015, 16:27
  2. Tyre wear?
    By _SOUR in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 17-05-2015, 23:08
  3. Tyre Wear
    By Lillmark in forum PS4 - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 17-05-2015, 19:14
  4. Tyre Wear
    By Straightedge81 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-05-2015, 10:02
  5. Tyre wear indicator
    By AWK in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-05-2015, 12:49

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •