Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [ANSWERED] Where is tyre wear indicator?

Platform
    PS4

[ANSWERED] Where is tyre wear indicator?

Ok so the tyres go from Blue (Cold) Green (Optimal) Red (Hot)

Hot tyres can be cooled back to Optimal, however there is no where that I can find that shows tyre wear? Is this intended to be down to driver discretion of the handling of the car or is it an oversight as it would be nice to have a visual indication of how bad my tyres are getting before they fall off the edge. Also tyre wear in general, we have tested 10 lap GT3 races with Tyre wear set at x7 and still not needed to pit.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by lordymatsuo View Post

Hot tyres can be cooled back to Optimal, however there is no where that I can find that shows tyre wear? Is this intended to be down to driver discretion of the handling of the car or is it an oversight as it would be nice to have a visual indication of how bad my tyres are getting before they fall off the edge. Also tyre wear in general, we have tested 10 lap GT3 races with Tyre wear set at x7 and still not needed to pit.
    It's not there. There's no way to see your tyre wear except if you're using a PC.

Platform
    PC
    There is no tyre wear indicator, basically because in reality race car drivers also don't have it But it's on the list of HUD improvements. Your tyre wear indicator is the car's performance.

Tyres don't wear as much as people may expect or have gotten used to from other games, and also performance doesn't change as dramatically with wear (at least at first) as people seem to expect. Tyres do wear in the game, it's not broken as confirmed by the devs, although some tyres may be a bit conservative.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    The following 3 users likes this Post: CHEN255, McKiernan, MysterG

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Remco Van Dijk View Post
    There is no tyre wear indicator, basically because in reality race car drivers also don't have it But it's on the list of HUD improvements. Your tyre wear indicator is the car's performance.
    Drivers don't have racing line indicators or turn signals either
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Awong124, ivan-hoe78

Platform
    PS4

Tyres don't wear as much as people may expect or have gotten used to from other games, and also performance doesn't change as dramatically with wear (at least at first) as people seem to expect. Tyres do wear in the game, it's not broken as confirmed by the devs, although some tyres may be a bit conservative.
    That's what I thought it might be However the note about tyre wear I think I have different experiences. I have raced a 10 lap race in a cosworth and needed to pit twice as the tyres fell off after lap 3 and lap 7. That was fun, but with the same tyre wear settings in the Aston Martin vantage I can do the full race with no pitting. I know different cars will burn tyres in different ways but that's quite a difference don't you think?

Platform
    PS4
    That's understandable, and I somewhat agree with that logic, but it would be nice to have an indicator with a rough estimate of how many laps each tire is capable of in the setup menu before a session. So we would know kind of what to expect when planning race strategies. Just pretend that the testing was done for us, and save us some time.

Yeah, I noticed when I did the McLaren F1 at Zolder invitational that after a 30 minute stint the car had less grip and I was ~2 seconds slower per lap than at the beginning, even though I've burned off about 65L of fuel.
    The following user likes this Post: CHEN255

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by lordymatsuo View Post

Press left on your D-pad, either on the hand controller or wheel.

Press it repeatedly to cycle through the various menus. It will give you brake temps on one more comprehensive setting, and on the other which is more basic - but with rearview mirror, bottom right icon shows your tyres blue, green and red indication.

Try reading the manuals for the game basics. Sorry if that sounds like teaching you to suck eggs.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Do you watch F1? The most technically advanced cars in the world? They don't have a tyre wear indicator.
    The following user likes this Post: CHEN255

Platform
    PC
    As far as I know, when the tyres become red and stay red... it means they are worn out.
    But I may well be wrong on this one.
    "I was playing pCARS on PC before it was mainstream" - cit.

MB: Asus Strix Z270F Gaming
    CPU: i5-7600K @4.63GHz
    RAM: 16GB (2x 8GB) Corsair Vengeance LED 2666mhz
    GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 Gaming A8G
    HD: Corsair MP500 240Gb M.2 PCIe + Crucial MX300 1Tb M.2 SATA
    Audio: Onboard Realtech sound chip + Sennheiser headphones / stereo speakers
    Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 w/ P1 Elite rim + Fanatec Clubsport Pedals V3 + Fanatec Clubsport Shifter SQ + Playseat racing seat
    Monitor: Asus PA 238Q - 23" 1920x1080 P-IPS
    VR: Oculus Rift CV1 + Oculus Touch Controllers
    Case & PSU: NZXT H440 V.2, Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate, Corsair RM850i
    Operating System: Windows 10 Pro N, nVidia WHQL Drivers 388.31

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by RigsXF73 View Post
    Press left on your D-pad, either on the hand controller or wheel.

Press it repeatedly to cycle through the various menus. It will give you brake temps on one more comprehensive setting, and on the other which is more basic - but with rearview mirror, bottom right icon shows your tyres blue, green and red indication.

Try reading the manuals for the game basics. Sorry if that sounds like teaching you to suck eggs.
    Those are tire temperatures not tire degradation.
    The M6 GT3, R8 LMS, and AMG GT3 would be a perfect German rivals DLC. I'd pay 15 dollars just for those 3 cars.