Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Played Forza 5 after a week with Project Cars. Jesus...

Platform
    PC

Played Forza 5 after a week with Project Cars. Jesus...

I never realized how crappy the FFB was in Forza 5, but after a week playing PCars, it was very clear. My favorites cars handled like complete crap. It felt like the FFB only kicked in over bumps and for the lateral effects on turns. Otherwise, the wheel felt way too loose around center, like there was a really wide deadzone. I won't even mention the graphics. I tried a few cars, reset my wheel to be sure, tried a few more, and then just ejected the disc, knowing I will never play that game again.

Thanks a lot SMS. You ruined my love affair with Forza. No, thanks. Really! It kind of feels like looking back on a bad relationship and suddenly seeing all the problems you couldn't see before clearly for the first time.

Platform
    PS4
    Apple's and pears, simple enough to enjoy both.
    PS4
    Apologies Grammar not so great, building skills first class
    The following 4 users likes this Post: bringmetheapex, KK78, Niveous21, Robhd

Umer Ahmad
    Definitely SMS set the bar high (esp once these launch issues are resolved).

Good news is that Kaz and Greenwalt and maybe even Codies will make sure GT7, Forza6 and F1-2016 will be GREAT games, they dont have the option to be "casual" about their player experience anymore.

Project CARS will be THE benchmark for physics, sounds, weather, gameplay etc. going forward. All editors and games journalists will do this.

It's a good time to be a racing game enthusiast

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by wraithsrike View Post
    Apple's and pears, simple enough to enjoy both.
    Maybe for you. But, as I said above, not for me. The difference is too great.

Quote Originally Posted by Umer Ahmad View Post
    Definitely SMS set the bar high (esp once these launch issues are resolved).

Good news is that Kaz and Greenwalt and maybe even Codies will make sure GT7, Forza6 and F1-2016 will be GREAT games, they dont have the option to be "casual" about their player experience anymore.

Project CARS will be THE benchmark for physics, sounds, weather, gameplay etc. going forward. All editors and games journalists will do this.

It's a good time to be a racing game enthusiast
    I totally agree. Regardless of the bugs, they've forced the other titles to step things up and start thinking outside the box. That push has been needed for a long time.
    The following 7 users likes this Post: Fendar, Henrique Clausing, Kevin Brown, LADY GEMMA JANE, ROABS, Robhd

Platform
    PS4
    Can't see Forza 6 being anything more than Forza 3.3, codies now I like those guys at least they try, grid autosport was a fun racer.

Kaz well who knows, GT has been the dinosaur for a long time now.

T10 imho are lazy or at least they come across that way and they certainly don't listen to there fan Base, maybe that will change now.
    PS4
    The following 3 users likes this Post: David McKenna, Efill4ziggiN, LADY GEMMA JANE

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Haiden View Post
    Maybe for you. But, as I said above, not for me. The difference is too great.

I totally agree. Regardless of the bugs, they've forced the other titles to step things up and start thinking outside the box. That push has been needed for a long time.
    The difference is too great? That's what I was saying hence apples and pears.

I was agreeing.

But both games will be aimed at a different audience and that's how it should stay.
    PS4

Superkart Pilot LADY GEMMA JANE's Avatar
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Project cars is wayyy better than Forza 5
    XBOX GAMERTAG - LADY GEMMA JANE
    The following 7 users likes this Post: Efill4ziggiN, EMW Reaper, Haiden, Mr Akina, nissan4ever, RetroNooB, Robhd

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    No way will I ever load up FM5 ever again. I'm all about Project Cars here on out.
    Project CARS 2 - Gold Member
    Xbox One X/Seagate SSD 1 TB USB/Netgear Nighthawk xr700 Gaming Router/Thrustmaster TX/TM Leather 28 GT Rim/Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2/T3PA Pedals/Turtle Beach Elite Pro 2 + Superamp Pro/LG 43UH6500 4K UHD HDR Game Mode
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Bobbydakid, EMW Reaper, Haiden, LADY GEMMA JANE

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by LADY GEMMA JANE View Post
    Project cars is wayyy better than Forza 5

I love the customising options in Forza, but I know pCARS isn't supposed to be competing with FM on that level. I hate that you don't have to win in Forza, but until I've experienced pCARS with the patch and vibration in the triggers, I can't say the driving experience (with controller) is better than Forza.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: KK78, LADY GEMMA JANE

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by wraithsrike View Post
    The difference is too great? That's what I was saying hence apples and pears.

I was agreeing.

But both games will be aimed at a different audience and that's how it should stay.
    Ha! Sorry, I misunderstood. I like apples and pears, too, but I can't enjoy both PCars and Forza. PCars makes it too hard to switch back. Maybe Forza 6, but I can't go backwards.

You're right, though. It'll be interesting to see where Turn 10 takes Forza. You'd think they'd step it up, but I agree with you. They're lazy and kind of arrogant. It wouldn't surprise me if they only added only a few things, like dynamic weather and a better Formula series, and not much else. I can totally see them taking the opposite approach and straddling the sim/arcade line leaning more in the other direction and letting PCars take the sim crowd.
    The following user likes this Post: wraithsrike