Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: why does qualifying not let me finish

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1

why does qualifying not let me finish

Why cant I finish my lap when the time runs out during qualifying?

I cross the line before time expires, giving me another lap. The game even recognizes this. It still cuts me off halfway though, and is infuriated when you're pushing for that final fast clean lap.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I agree. But if I'm not mistaken, they wish to change it at some point to reflect real life.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I've noticed this but sometimes it does allow me to finish the lap the clock changes to a set time 2 mins or something for me to finish the lap,could be a bug?

Platform
    PC
    MP: I think it's working as intended right now to stop griefers from never finishing
    SP: It's a bug because it definitely worked correctly during development and should do that now too.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    If the lap is live then it should count as a hot lap. Every time this happens in career it annoys me as the lap should count

Platform
    XBOX1
    I hope there is some way of implementing this into online, even if it is just an option in the menu.
    I understand about stopping the griefers, but perhaps there could be a way around it, such as once the timer exceeds the fastest lap, then the game will move on. I think this could work
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Good friends we have, good friends we've lost along the way
    In this great future you can't forget your past, so dry your tears i say
    The following user likes this Post: PTG Claret

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    It works in SP. You don't finish lap in MP.
    Project CARS 2 - Gold Member
    Xbox One X/Seagate USB 3.0 4TB/Netgear Nighthawk xr700 Gaming Router/Thrustmaster TX/TM Leather 28 GT Rim/Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2/T3PA Pedals/Turtle Beach Elite Pro 2 + Superamp Pro/LG 43UH6500 4K UHD HDR Game Mode

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bealdor View Post
    MP: I think it's working as intended right now to stop griefers from never finishing
    SP: It's a bug because it definitely worked correctly during development and should do that now too.
    Not entirely true. It's worked for me sometimes in SP and other times it hasn't.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWE87 View Post
    Not entirely true. It's worked for me sometimes in SP and other times it hasn't.
    From my experiences as I only play career mode, it happens when I do multiple lap runs (i.e. more than one flying lap), I tend to be out for the whole session as I skip practice so I do it to learn the track and pick up speed lap by lap. The game seems to recognise one flying lap if you exit the pit near the end of the session. Its certainly very much bugged.

While were talking about qualiy, I'd really love the option for knock-out qualifying F1 style as an add on.

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by mkstatto View Post
    From my experiences as I only play career mode, it happens when I do multiple lap runs (i.e. more than one flying lap), I tend to be out for the whole session as I skip practice so I do it to learn the track and pick up speed lap by lap. The game seems to recognise one flying lap if you exit the pit near the end of the session. Its certainly very much bugged.

While were talking about qualiy, I'd really love the option for knock-out qualifying F1 style as an add on.
    I only play Career Mode too bud. Sometimes it's worked and other times it hasn't. I can start a flying lap with the timer at 1 second and still be able to do the lap. Sometimes I can't. It's bugged I think.