Thread: [PC] World series Virtual racing Le Mans 24 special event

WMD Member

[PC] World series Virtual racing Le Mans 24 special event

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lemanspcars.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	148.5 KB 
ID:	203926
    Project Cars and the worlds toughest race will come to World Series virtual racing in June, full details of the event can be found here with registration to participate on our forum.

This will be our first Project Cars on-line event and take place on Friday 12th June to celebrate Le Mans week and the 2015 race. Using core content this event will be open to all PC based sim-racers via pre-registration. Non WSVR members are welcome. The event is hoped to attract new members from the Pcars world as well as current community members who own the title. Join us for what's set to be a great evening and soak up the atmosphere of virtual Le Mans during real race week...shame were not in France for real

The event will take place from 20:15 (UK) 21:15 (CET) and will feature a 2 hour endurance race with full 24 hour night/day cycle. The server will be passworded for the event and will run a practice session also on Wednesday 10th June from 20:00 (UK) lasting 2 hours.

Interested drivers are asked to visit our website www.worldseriesracing.com or our forum to register for the event. Entries will be limited to 32 drivers with 10 LMP1 slots, 10 LMP2 and 10 GT. Remaining two slots will be wild-card choice by league admin. All drivers will be asked to provide first and second choice of car class. WSVR members with A and B grade licence drives will have priority on competing car class choice.

Event will be run with real weather enabled with date and start time to reflect the real race. Other settings as follows

-No forced driving view

-Traction control permitted

ABS not permitted

Stability Control not permitted

Mechanical failure off

Damage Performance impacting

Fuel/Tyre wear Real

Flag/Penalties on

Race Settings

60 minute Practice/qualifying starting 20:15 (UK)

15 minute break/warm-up

2 hour race starting 21:30 (UK)

Platform
    PC
    I actually have this day off which is handy!

Also, one fairly major issue. The Audi R18 does not have KERS available were as the Marek and RWD do. I was playing the other day and noticed I was getting ruined on corner exits and straights, when I switched over I then realised why. I was about 3-4 seconds down per lap in the R18.
    Last edited by RDogg; 22-05-2015 at 08:27.

WMD Member
    Not driven the Audi to be honest. Will note to avoid it

Mind you looking at last few years results they have always been slower than than the petrol Hybrids in practice/Qual trim. Just seem to manage it all better on race day

Platform
    PC
    I believe it's the 2011 version which uses a diesel hybrid. I think it goes pretty far fuel wise, I know they ran pretty long stints when they won it that year. I've been told the Marek and RWD are 2014 spec, so I think that explains the large gap in performance.

Maybe I'll test it out and see how much difference there is between the R18 and the LMP2 cars. If it's similar it may be worth keeping.

Edit: Signed up, looking forward to it!
    Last edited by RDogg; 22-05-2015 at 13:40.
    The following user likes this Post: lewismrl

WMD Member
    50% of the LMP1 slots now taken, space in LMp2 and GT still

WMD Member
    Awaiting my account approvement! Looking really forward to this one

WMD Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yannick Van Broeck View Post
    Awaiting my account approvement! Looking really forward to this one

LMP1 filling up, still spaces in LMP2 and GT

Platform
    PC
    Much room left in this? Turns out I'm free from the shackles of work that day, can't think of a better way to spend it really.
    Processor: AMD Piledriver FX-8 8350 4GHz Overclocked 4.5GHz | Videocard: Asus GTX 980 | Gamepad: Fanatec Clubsport V2 Wheel Base + Formula Rim + Clubsport V2 |
    Network Card: Asus PCE-N15 Mainboard: Asus Sabertooth 990FX | Sound Card/Headphones: Razer Kraken 7.1 | Monitor/s: Asus VN247H 24" Super Narrow Bezel
    Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR3 | PSU: OCW 650W | Keyboard+Mouse: Logitech G510 + Madcatz R.A.T 3 | OS: Windows 7 x64

WMD Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Thomas View Post
    Much room left in this? Turns out I'm free from the shackles of work that day, can't think of a better way to spend it really.

Yep, certainly is

Platform
    PC
    Im in for the GT cars, not really interested in LMP cars but will try if no GT available.
    CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K 3.90GHz Turbo | MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 7 Intel Z97 | MEMORY: 16.00GB Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | GPU: 2 x MSI GTX970 4GB GAMING TWIN FROZER SLI | Primary Monitor: BenQ 27" XL2730Z 2560 x 1440 (WQHD) 144Hz | Secondry Monitor: HannsG HG216D" 22" 1680 x 1050 60Hz | Tablet: 9" Inch Quad Core Camera Android 4.4 16GB | PSU: Super Flower Leadex Gold 650 W | Sound: Sound Blaster X-Fi MB3 | Speakers: Dell MMS 5650 5.1 | OS Drive: 120GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO | Games Drive: Samsung 120GB 850 Evo SSD |Back Up Drive: 1TB Hitachi HDS721010CLA332 ATA Device (SATA) | External Storage: 1TB Western Digital WD Ext HDD | OS: Windows 10 Home Premium 64-bit |Cockpit: GT Omega Pro Racing Simulator Professional - RS6 Seat | Wheel: Logitech G27 | Pedals: Thrustmaster T3PA PRO | Headset: Gamdias HEPHAESTUS GHS2000 | Keyboard/Mouse: Logitech MX3200 cordless. |

DX11 | 2560x1440 | POST PROCESSING FILTER: ON | LENS FLARE: ON | SUN FLARE EXT: FULL| SUN FLARE INT: FULL | BLOOM: ON | RAIN DROPS: ON | CREPSULAR RAYS: YES | SCREEN DIRT: YES | TEXT RES: HIGH | TEXT FILT: 16X | AA: DS2M | FXAA: HIGH | SMAA: OFF | REFLECTIONS:HIGH | ENVIRONMENT: HIGH | CAR: ULTRA | TRACK: ULTRA | SHADOW: ULTRA | M BLUR: LOW | RENDER FRAMES: 2 | GRASS: LOW | PARTICLE LEVEL: HIGH | PARTICLE DENSITY: HIGH | STRETCHED HEADLIGHTS: YES |