Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Im slower in the straights than other cars.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Im slower in the straights than other cars.

When im on a straight the ai cars all pass me. I've been waiting for this game for so long but this makes it unplayable. Im on automatic with automatic clutch. I've tried manual, but even with perfect shifts i still get passed. In qualifying i get pole, but that doesn't matter once the race starts! Please help me!!!

Platform
    PS4
    I have had this too with some cars but it could be a car set up issue. I have not experimented myself I just run stock setups at the moment but you might want to have a play with the car setup that gives you more top speed on long straights.

Platform
    PS4
    Possibly got something to do with gear ratios. You want to have it set so you reach the limiter of your highest gear at the end of the longest straight, then evenly space the gears from 2 forward.

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    You can adjust downforce so that it doesnt drag on the car as much. But you'll also have to adjust gear ratio so that you're not bouncing off the rev limiter

Umer Ahmad
    1. What is the AI strength % ?
    2. Is it raining?

3. Are you using default setup?
    4. What controller are you using? Is it properly calibrated?
    5. Post a video with on screen telemetry?
    6. Why was number 5 a question?
    CPU: i7 920 4.02GHz - H100 | GPU: EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX 3GB | Racing Wheel: Logitech G25

Motherboard: EVGA X58 Classified 3 | Audio: Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Pro with 5.1 Surround | Display: Asus 26" 1920X1200

RAM: 12GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000 MHz | PSU: Corsair HX1050 | Keyboard+Mouse: Logitech G15 & G500 | OS: Windows 8 64-bit
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Pink_650S

Umer Ahmad
    7. Do you like Green Eggs and Ham?
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Espen S. Andresen, TMoney

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    When are you changing gear? At the peak of power band or on the redline?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    I did the Historic Le mans championship in Career. The Mercedes C9 was well setup for Monza and Brno, but at Spa the auto setup had turned the gear ratio right down. Max speed was 190km/h. On the other races i was pushing altmost 300km/h. So I had to change it myself.

WMD Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Padmod View Post
    Possibly got something to do with gear ratios. You want to have it set so you reach the limiter of your highest gear at the end of the longest straight, then evenly space the gears from 2 forward.
    I have come across this problem. In the cars I've driven I cannot adjust gear ratio, it will let me but if I move one it clashes with another (Hence losing a gear), they all appear to be set up in their only possible position. In the cars I've driven so far (Clio, Ginetta Junior) the only realistic tweakable gear option is final drive. I've played with this and lowered fuel etc but they still have more speed in the straights. I had put this down to slipstreaming but it doesn't work when I'm behind, they still go faster.