Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Head Tracking with facetracknoir?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Head Tracking with facetracknoir?

Does anyone have facetrackingnoir (FTNoIR) configured with good results for pCARS?

I just bought myself the ps3 eye camera.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    bump

Platform
    PC
    I used to run FTNoIR with both a Logicam and an Eye. You can expect around ~60fps out of that camera, using the Face API protocol. You may have to mess around with your axes a little to get smooth movement, and I'd suggest limiting Y- and Z-axis at first as they are pretty sensitive with the facetracking setup. You will also need to make sure you have adequate lighting around your rig to make sure the tracker discerns your movements properly. Even so, you'll have to map a centering key as axis-drift happens fairly often.

If if you get used to this effect and ever decide to move to an active-infrared tracker setup, FTNoIR has a nice point tracking plugin that also works very well with the Eye. It'll bump your FPS up by 2x
    ...because simcar

Rig: Intel i7-8770k @ 3.7GHz | MSI Z370 GAMING M5 | MSI GTX1080ti GAMING 11G | G.SKILL TridentZ 32Gb DDR4 | NZXT H400 case w/ Kraken x62 AIO cooler | Oculus Rift CV1 | LG 34UC88-B ultrawide (3440x1440 @ 60Hz) | Windows 10 Pro

Gear: Fanatec CSW v2.5 w/ Universal Hub, Clubsport GT rim | Fanatec CSR Elite pedals & shifter

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    I've got FaceTrackNoIR working fine and testing in the app, detects my face no problem. But once in pCars, and in helmet view, I get absolutely no movement from it.

Tried tinkering with the FaceTrack options, but nothing seems to work, I did notice it was not running up a "TrackIR.exe" dummy process, so wondering if that was the problem.

Anyone else had similar issues? Managed to fix them?

Win7x64.

I once thought of bothering with FTNOIR, but discovered it's a huge headache and not necessarily cheaper then just getting trackir 5. Trackir works flawlessly straight away. To save some $, I went on ebay and bought a mint-condition used unit, cost me like a 100$ with shipping. I'm running it for almost 3 years now and it's superb, never had any issue. I'll post my custom profile for TIR in this forum so TIR users can save time and energy on setting it up. I've made a profile that fits everything flawlessly, PCARS, AC, FSX/P3D. You just run it exclusively, set and forget.
    Last edited by adi518; 23-05-2015 at 22:46.
    BOARD G1.Sniper 5 CPU i7 4790k GPU 2x GTX 970 SC RAM 16GB G.skill Sniper HDD 480gb OCZ Vertex 460 + 128gb Crucial M4 PSU Seasonic P-760 DISPLAY U2410 OS Win 10 Pro WHEEL CSW V2 RIM BMW GT2 PEDALS CSP V3

Platform
    PC
    I'm using it quite successfully. I'm not sure if posting links to other forums is acceptable, but there is a very good tutorial and predefined setup files at thsi link:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threa...-pcars.306732/

I followed this setup guide and it was perfect. There is also a guide on Steam now as well that looks pretty good.
    CanAm Virtual Racing League - League President Twitter: @canamvrl @F1_Racer68
    System Specs
    CPU - AMD FX-8370 w/Wraith Cooler MoBo - GB-78LMT-USB3 (Rev 6.0) RAM - 24GB 1600 DDR3, Video - Zotac GTX1060 AMP! 6GB DDR5, OS - Win10 Pro 64bit, SSD - Corsair 240GB Force LE, Controller - Fanatec CSW v2.5, CSL Elite LC Pedals, DIY Button Box, G27 Shifter (USB) Monitor - Samsung UN28H4000AF 28" LED x3

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    thought i'd try on Assetto Corsa, and it worked right off the bat, so my setup seems to be working, tracking is nice and smooth, still, on pCars it doesn't do a thing, and this is with the config from the gtplanet guide.

Platform
    PC
    I used to use FacetrackNoIR but found it a bit unreliable, I now use Opentrack with IR LED tracking, I first bought a crappy Chinese IR clip, but that broke rather quickly, and in the end I bought a 'Delanclip' ( google it) , great quality, works flawlessly and I've never looked back, I do wish it worked in PCars in cockpit view though instead of just helmet view

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by syphe View Post
    thought i'd try on Assetto Corsa, and it worked right off the bat, so my setup seems to be working, tracking is nice and smooth, still, on pCars it doesn't do a thing, and this is with the config from the gtplanet guide.
    In case you missed it (not sure how clear it was), make sure you are in "Helmet Camera" mode. It will only work in the helmet cam mode, not in any other view.
    CanAm Virtual Racing League - League President Twitter: @canamvrl @F1_Racer68
    System Specs
    CPU - AMD FX-8370 w/Wraith Cooler MoBo - GB-78LMT-USB3 (Rev 6.0) RAM - 24GB 1600 DDR3, Video - Zotac GTX1060 AMP! 6GB DDR5, OS - Win10 Pro 64bit, SSD - Corsair 240GB Force LE, Controller - Fanatec CSW v2.5, CSL Elite LC Pedals, DIY Button Box, G27 Shifter (USB) Monitor - Samsung UN28H4000AF 28" LED x3

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by F1_Racer68 View Post
    In case you missed it (not sure how clear it was), make sure you are in "Helmet Camera" mode. It will only work in the helmet cam mode, not in any other view.
    yeah, am definitely in helmet cam.
    I don't think I'm the only one with the problem, I've seen a few posts around the various forums asking the same question.