Page 16 of 392 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast

Thread: TYRE PHYSICS DISCUSSION

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug914 View Post
    The starting tire temps don't fully saturate the tire. That only happens when driving it, which you've probably noticed with a good FFB wheel.
    I assume tire pressure is also somewhat lower when starting a fresh session then. I almost exclusively do Time Trials and noticed that on the first lap the tires feel more grippy, but they also have slightly more rolling resistance, which hinders acceleration. This happens even without tire wear and lower pressures would explain it.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by arveena View Post
    Hi i have a question regarding Tyrewear I did not found anything in the physics wiki.

I am running in a league with tyrewear set to x7 in the GT3 class
    I know the fuel consumption is balanced and different from car to car in the GT3 class as they use different engines and the mclaren is turbocharged for example.
    We have now different opinions about tyrewear. Some say the cars use the tyres different like in reallife where some cars can doublestint and some cant some say its always the same and every car uses the tyres the same way.
    Now my question is do the cars use the tyres different?
    I know some setting like wings camber etc have an influence on that but is a MR car harder or softer to the Tyres than an FR car for example?
    Is there a general pattern like car X is good on Tyrewear but worse on fuel?
    Or depends it on the Track which car uses more Tyres?

Thanks in Advance
    Can someone help me with that?

Umer Ahmad
    Currently this an area Doug is adjusting. The goal is to have Hard compounds last 2x fuel loads.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: arveena, Doug914

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Yeah thanks but are they different from car to car. Like for example car x having more wear because of its weight ratio or something like that. I found for example that the mclaren is harder to the tyres than the aston for example maybe its because he is MR?
    Is this possible?

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by arveena View Post
    Can someone help me with that?
    Since the defaults setups and physical properties of the cars differ and tyre wear is based on these naturally wear rate will differ between cars as well.

FWD cars will use up their front tires more quickly, while AWD and RWD cars will use them up more equally. Tracks factor into this as well. If you have heavy breaking zones that will increase front wear and frequent acceleration from low speeds will cause the driven wheels to wear more. Generally a more powerful engine in a given class will do the same.

Setup and personal driving style affects all of this to some degree as well. In short, while the characteristics of the cars give them a baseline wear rate and balance many things can affect this.
    The following user likes this Post: arveena

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Okay thank you but there is something like a baseline wear rate. That fits my tests were all cars are responding to setup changes tracks etc. But still have very minor diferences in wear which on x7 can actually make a difference for like 2 laps depending on car track combination while setting similar laptimes. Thanks for that

So maybe it would be nice to implement fuel accelaration as well so you can actually simulate gt3 strategy like going on hards on some cars. Doublestinting tyres while on others you go soft and change them. Without going for a 6h race for the strategy to effekt the race.
    Last edited by arveena; 05-06-2015 at 01:56.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Is there a plan to stop us putting on tyres we cant have on our cars during the pit stops.

In formula C I have soft, medium and Hard choices only in the pits. Surely it should be just slicks and rain tyres since they are the only compounds available in the garage. When I make a stop I never know what tyre goes on the car, is it the softs or the normal formula C slick :S

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam.Freeman View Post
    Is there a plan to stop us putting on tyres we cant have on our cars during the pit stops.

In formula C I have soft, medium and Hard choices only in the pits. Surely it should be just slicks and rain tyres since they are the only compounds available in the garage. When I make a stop I never know what tyre goes on the car, is it the softs or the normal formula C slick :S
    You don't get wrong tires. The pit manager only shows generic tire compounds atm. If your car only has one sort of slicks available it doesn't matter what compound you choose in the pit manager.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1

Platform
    PS4
    Can there be an option to have tire warmers for every session? It was kind of a novelty in the beginning to start a session on cold tires, but after a while it just becomes tedious to waste time doing a couple of laps to warm the tires.
    The following user likes this Post: mcarver2000

WMD Member Jussi Viljami Karjalainen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDRIFT View Post
    What is the hierarchy or weakness strengths of the non-slick options? Example UHP and XR.
    The following equations aren't totally accurate, but give you the rough level:

UHP = Ultra High Performance = P Zero = really really good sports tyre for summer. Think real life Michelin Pilot Sport or Pirelli P Zero. (EDIT: I originally wrote "P Zero Corsa" here, when I obviously meant P Zero!)

XR = Extreme = P Zero Corsa = super good sports tyre for summer, essentially a semi-slick. Still road legal, but you'd probably rather leave them for the track, if only for the wear and cost of getting a new set. Think real life P Zero Corsa or Michelin Pilot Sport Cup (2 particularly, which bumped up the performance a LOT compared to previous ones).

Track = P Zero Trofeo = semi-slick intended purely for track use. Might be legal on the roads somewhere in the world. Best grip. (EDIT: Though they aren't as user friendly as the others. They're much more twitchy when cold and feel quite different when warm as well, but I've always easily gotten my fastest laps with these, and they also measure the highest cornering G forces. If the car is soft enough they can also upset the suspension, throwing the body around too much. These tyres require the car to be set up for track use, a street setup doesn't like these tyres that much.)

As for the default tyres they should somewhat comply with what the real car would come with normally. As far as I understand based on the writings of Casey Ringley these should be the default tyres:

Audi R8 V10+: Faretti Extreme Summer (car often seen tested with P Zero Corsa tyres, so fits nicely)
    BMW 1-Series M Coupe: Masculin XR Summer (car usually tested with Pilot Sports or equivalents, I'd swap for UHP tyres for a more OEM experience)
    Ford Focus RS: Masculin UHP Summer (car usually tested with Pilot Sports or equivalents, fits nicely)
    GUMPERT apollo S: Faretti Extreme Summer (car usually tested with Pilot Sport Cups or at least Pilot Super Sports, so fits nicely)
    McLaren 12C: Pirelli P Zero Corsa (often tested with those tyres, but it does come standard with P Zeros, so whichever is fine)
    McLaren F1: McLaren F1 (really grippy modern tyres, not replicating the original early 90s rubber, those are supposed to come later. For now treat the car as if it's running the springs and dampers from the road going F1 LM special model and modern tyres)
    McLaren P1: Pirelli P Zero Corsa (most commonly tested with these, though often tested with Trofeos as well. I does come standard with P Zeros though, so you can use those as well, but be prepared for a wild ride, and set the diff to open...)
    Mercedes A45 AMG: Masculin UHP Summer (car usually tested with Pilot Sports or equivalents, so fits well)
    Mercedes SLS AMG Coupe: Faretti Extreme Summer (car actually came with lower grip Bridgestones, pretty close to Pilot Sport level, so UHP would be more accurate OEM style for this. The SLS Black came with Pilot Sport Cups though, so fits that.)
    Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X FQ-400: Masculin XR Summer (car came with Toyo Proxes R1R tyres, which are nearly semislicks, so fits well)
    Pagani Huayra: Pirelli P Zero Corsa (definitely more suiting for the car considering what it's capable of, but I think the basic option is still the P Zero. Top Gear used something closer to the Trofeo though, possible even better than those...)
    Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster: Pirelli P Zero Corsa (The Zonda F at least came with P Zeros originally, hard to say about this one. Corsas suit it though, but it's more thrilling with the P Zeros. )
    Renault Megane RS 265: Masculin UHP Summer (car usually tested with Pilot Sports or similar, so very fitting. They have run Nords laps with Pilot Sport Cups on occasion though, so those are suitable as well.)
    Ruf CTR3: Faretti Extreme Summer (I found several Ruf cars tested with Pilot Sport Cup tyres, so these make sense.)
    Ruf RGT-8: Faretti Extreme Summer (Like above, also the 911 GT3 is usually tested with Pilot Sport Cups, so makes even more sense.)

Daydreaming ensues: Now we just need early 90s vintage tyres for the McLaren F1, one lower grip option for the track day cars (the current tyres aren't exactly unrealistic but they replicate supremely good track tyres, something a bit more down to earth would be a nice option, or heck, even a more normal street tyre like the Yiro All-Season on the Caterham 7 Classic), and then as the final touch those track day tyre options for the Radical SR3-RS and SR8-RX (which are road legal in the UK once you add indicators). Had those at one point during development as an option and they were so insanely fun, also the SR-3 lined up decently well with the Atoms and R500 and the SR-8 was nice against the Atom V8 500. =)
    Last edited by Jussi Viljami Karjalainen; 08-06-2015 at 20:59.
    CPU: Intel i7 2600K @ 4,6 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB Windforce 3 | MOBO: ASUS P8P67 Pro | RAM: 4 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600 | Sound: ASUS Xonar U7 | PSU: NZXT HALE90 650W 80+ Gold | OS: Win8 x64 | Wheel: Thrustmaster T500 RS GT wheel/pedals, Logitech G25 shifter | Monitor: 2x23" IPS-LCD 1920x1080 60Hz & 42" 1920x1080 60Hz | SpeedTest | PingTest | PingTest to UK
    Sim history: IndyCar Racing I & II, F1GP2, Grand Prix Legends, Sports Car GT, Richard Burns Rally, GT Legends, Race/GT-R Evolution/Race On/etc., RaceRoom Racing Experience, SimRaceWay, Live For Speed, netKar Pro, Assetto Corsa, rFactor 1 & 2, among others...

My road car OEM style setups (updated occasionally when I find new info) over at P.CARS Setups Database

My Suspension Calculator spreadsheet for Project CARS v1.3.5.2 - Updated on 16.10.2016!

Suspension Calculator now available on the P.CARS Setups Database website!

Next Gen = More Biscuit!