Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ayrton Senna Memorial Racing Club

Platform
    PS4

Cool Ayrton Senna Memorial Racing Club

Hello, Project Cars racers of all nations!

Welcome to the Ayrton Senna Memorial Racing Club, a place for people who want fair, clean and realistic online racing. Many of us are dissapointed about the mindless behaviour in many publicly accessable online races, and their monotony in track and car choices.

Some may think its pathetic to call this little club "Ayrton Senna Memorial Racing Club". But in my opinion he was one of the greatest racing talents of all times and a great guy, too. He deserves to be remembered by anyone who is into motor sports, in what ever way.

Now let me outline the concept I have in mind to create realistic (up to a point) and entertaining online racing sessions:

1. How to take part
    Racers can join a private lobby by accepting the invite they receive via the PSN friends invite system. So please "apply" by posting in this thread, telling your PSN name, and perhaps what you think of this idea, about your racing history, whatever you want. I will then send you a friend request and after you accept, the invites to the event. I cannot guarantee a fixed frequence of events. Perhaps we can talk here about when the most people have time to race, as well as to prepare for it. Over time we may establish trustworthy members who can also stage events of a similar concept.

2. The events
    Every event will be announce at least 48 hours before the start, in this thread.
    The announcenent will include the track and vehicle being used there. This should be enough time to learn the track, and if wanted to work on the car setup. Due to the multitude of cars and tracks it can be annying to get thrown into a race without preparation. This should be avoided by the above rule, and give all drivers a chance to be competetive.

3. The event structure
    Each event should have the following elements:
    -A short (10-15min perhaps) practice, to get into "driving mode" and may be have a little chat.
    -One qualifying run, long enough to complete 3 timed rounds. The time for that depends on the track length.
    -The race. The race distance should be around 100km, thats 20-25 laps on a average GP track. Depending on the nature of the race
    perhaps being divided into two stints.
    -Champaigne shower.
    The aim is to keep the whole show inside 90 minutes, before the concentration is gone and the bum starts hurting.

4. Realism
    As much as possible. No AI drivers as fillers. No race line, corner warnings (useless anyway), ABS, TCS or whatever. Realistic fuel usage and tire wear. Realistic damage. Only mechanical failure stays off, thats just a gamble. Flags and rules apply.

Well, thats about it for now. Please tell me what you think about my idea, if you have suggestions, and let me know if you want to take part. And have a nice weekend.

And now lets us pray for some bug-fixed.
    Last edited by Beatminister; 23-05-2015 at 01:07.
    Equipment:
    PS4 + PC, T300RS + TH8A + T3PA-Pro, BT Keyboard, Playseat Evolution Mk IV, DeLonghi Espresso Machine
    PSN: DerBeatminister
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Andy Mitchell, djdavedoc, JessicaWalter, mister dog

Platform
    PS4
    Nice words!
    I love throwing in some laps in the Lotus 98T, where he won his first GP in Estoril '85. The car is so "hard" to drive comparing to the modern Formula A ones, 900 BHP of pure machine, no F*** electronics, just pure driving...

I'm also on PS4 + T300RS, and just ordered the H-Shifter and 3 Pedals, to be even more realistic!

Good timing to remember Senna, 6 wins at Monaco GP is still his record to beat!

Puremalt77 is my PSN ID, maybe we race together someday!!!

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.
    Ayrton Senna

Platform
    PS4
    I'm sure you meant THE greatest racer and person in motorsports
    I would definitely participate in your races, l'm always up for a change of pace (tired of GT3 and popular tracks).
    It only depends on the day of the events.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Pink_650S; 22-05-2015 at 23:49.
    1996: Super Nintendo l 1998: Nintendo 64 l 1999: PlayStation l 2001: PlayStation 2 l 2007: PlayStation 3 l 2011: Nintendo 3DS l 2014: PlayStation 4
    Add me on PSN for clean racing: PiinK_eMo_GiiRL

Rookie
    Platform
    PS4
    1 sory my english...
    my user name is tmnalle76 on ps4 im from Findland. i like the have cleen put hart racing...not demolison dorby everybuddy crashing...clean racing! im in if posiple..?
    i have wheel t300rs.
    The following user likes this Post: Pink_650S

Rookie
    Platform
    PS4
    Finland not from Findlan)

Platform
    PS4
    I added you tmnalle
    1996: Super Nintendo l 1998: Nintendo 64 l 1999: PlayStation l 2001: PlayStation 2 l 2007: PlayStation 3 l 2011: Nintendo 3DS l 2014: PlayStation 4
    Add me on PSN for clean racing: PiinK_eMo_GiiRL

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    PSN: Nevals_zgb

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Pink_650S View Post
    I'm sure you meant THE greatest racer and person in motorsports
    I would definitely participate in your races, l'm always up for a change of pace (tired of GT3 and popular tracks).
    It only depends on the day of the events.

Cheers!
    Coincidence, I'm also in Stuttgart!
    The following user likes this Post: Pink_650S

Platform
    PS4
    I would like to race with you guys. I'm only an average racer but I play fair.
    PSN: Drudges
    If you send friend request please mention you are from this Senna group so I know who I'm accepting.
    Cheers
    Just using a controller for now on the PS4 but looking to get seat and wheel very soon.

Platform
    PS4
    Thank you all for the great response to my suggestion!

Ill send out friend requests to all of you soon. Of course Im aware that we can only have 16 drivers in a session on the PS4. Its well possible that I send invites for a session to more than 16 people. I guess there are always people among them who dont have time to race. Otherwise its "first comes, first served". Of course someone can start another private session and invite people, but it would make sense to do this with the same track, car and rules that were announced, because people did practise for that.
    Talking about rules... The rules in my initial post are meant to be a frame fork only. The goal of the entire exercise is, to get some fun and fair racing. If a rule proves to be counterproductive for this, we can always talk about changing it. For example after sleeping over it, I think we better dont apply the realistic damage rule, at least to begin with. Despite everybody trying to drive cleanly, its too easy to miss a braking point and ram someone, especially in the early stages of a race. If that results in a DNF already, its kind of annoying for the innocent driver. Just a thought...

One other thing is a request to all of you to give me a idea what would be the best time for a event. I know this will vary a lot for each of us, for one its more conveniant on weekends for another during the week, daytimes or evenings, and on top of all we may live in different time zones.
    So please tell me your preferences, then perhaps we can find a acceptable compromise.

Some personal remarks:
    @ Pure Malt:
    I dont know if clutch and gear stick are really helping, but it looks cool anyway. And cost a lot of money.

@Pink 650S:
    Im always careful with terms like "THE best, THE greatest" ect. Over time there have been other outstanding drivers as well, like M. Schumacher for example. Fame and tragedy can be so close together.

@tmnalle76:
    A race driver from Finland? I dont know if we should let you take part... you guys are just too good. Must be coming from driving on snow and ice all the time.
    He, he, just joking
    Of course you are welcome!
    Equipment:
    PS4 + PC, T300RS + TH8A + T3PA-Pro, BT Keyboard, Playseat Evolution Mk IV, DeLonghi Espresso Machine
    PSN: DerBeatminister