Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Better organization of tune setups

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4

Better organization of tune setups

Hi, I'd like to recommend a better way of organizing The Garage forum.

I think it would be best to split up each individual car class (road, open wheel, GT, Prototype...) into separate areas.

Why?
    I think that if someone is looking for a specific tune that works, shouldn't have to use the search bar. If they would pop in the Open Wheel setup, look through one or two pages for the most popular Formula One setup page. Go look through it and get their setup

Also, for those that do post setups. If you are a tuner and are willing to give out setups then wouldn't your tune be more open to your target audience? It's essentially a filter, keeping out all of the other classes, and general questions about tuning (which could get it's own forum of The Garage - General Discussions)

I know it's a drastic change, but I feel like using the search bar doesn't do me any good. Also, with this combination, it would be easier to collect tunes of various tracks from one car and make it possible to organize it into one thread and have a tune for every track.

What do you guys think?
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Equation, Saucyboy

Superkart Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by SIlMPLIClITY View Post
    Hi, I'd like to recommend a better way of organizing The Garage forum.

I think it would be best to split up each individual car class (road, open wheel, GT, Prototype...) into separate areas.

Why?
    I think that if someone is looking for a specific tune that works, shouldn't have to use the search bar. If they would pop in the Open Wheel setup, look through one or two pages for the most popular Formula One setup page. Go look through it and get their setup

Also, for those that do post setups. If you are a tuner and are willing to give out setups then wouldn't your tune be more open to your target audience? It's essentially a filter, keeping out all of the other classes, and general questions about tuning (which could get it's own forum of The Garage - General Discussions)

I know it's a drastic change, but I feel like using the search bar doesn't do me any good. Also, with this combination, it would be easier to collect tunes of various tracks from one car and make it possible to organize it into one thread and have a tune for every track.

What do you guys think?
    Like iracing kinda social setup sharing.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Yes, because that is the point of this forum. However it's possible that threads can be lost. etc etc

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by SIlMPLIClITY View Post
    Yes, because that is the point of this forum. However it's possible that threads can be lost. etc etc
    ...+1

Platform
    XBOX1
    There is a lack of tunes being shared, I think of the top of my head around 3-4 tunes available which are user made,
    Internet ----Router----XboxOne----HDTV

Platform
    XBOX1
    History on Forza showed that it's primarily only the real fast guys that share their tunes (with a few exceptions). Seems same tendancy applies here. With time tunes will become more available, but seldom before a Community comp. for obvious reasons I think.
    Router -- Xbox One -- Thrustmaster TX F458 Italia FFB -- 94 cm HDDTV -- Loving wife [Temporary using Xbox controller]

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    It's also kind of lame that you can't download tunes. Instead, you have to manually manipulate 50+ specific performance metrics on each and every individual car (not even getting in to specific tracks........)

Project Cars could take a few pointers from Forza5.

Quote Originally Posted by DERKA DERKA1337 View Post
    you have to manually manipulate 50+ specific performance metrics on each and every individual car (not even getting in to specific tracks........)

Project Cars could take a few pointers from Forza5.
    You don't 'have to' tune anything, default tune is competitive.
    CPU i5 Sandybridge 3.3, Mobo Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3, RAM 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3-1600, HDD 2* WD Cavier Blue WD10EALX 7200, GPU 1GB Asus GTX560 DirectCU GDDR5, Audio integrated, PSU Great Wall 660watt, Monitor AOC 2434Pw, Operating System Dual boot Win7/XP, Wheel G25

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by NVI0U5 View Post
    There is a lack of tunes being shared, I think of the top of my head around 3-4 tunes available which are user made,
    There may be a lack of tunes at the moment because of how new the game is. However when tunes become posted it is possible that they will be lost. The only tunes I constantly see are yours. However I don't see any other ones. Maybe it's because of how often I look at the forums or maybe it's because many people post about other discussions. Either way I believe it would be very helpful to the casual community, and maybe those that are competitive, to have faster tunes.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    It would be nice if someone created a website dedicated for tunes. Something which looks similar to the in-game UI and sliders enabled only if the selected car can have that tune in-game.
    The best thing would be if pCars could read files just like with Jack Spade's FFB settings files. Then the site could export the tune for easy importing.

Tunes should be sorted like in-game, by track + car combo, or a general tune for the car.
    Labels on the website for each tune would be nice as well. Maybe a "wet track" label or a "night time" label.

Would this be interesting? Maybe someone is already working on something like this?
    System: Win 10 x64, i5 3570K @4.2GHz, Asus P8Z77-V Pro, 16GB DDR3 ram, MSI GTX 970 4GB Gaming edition, HTC Vive, T500rs with GTE wheel + Ferrari F1 wheel + TH8A shifter + playseat
    Settings: All on lowest in hardware except Texture stuff on max.
    Launch options: -dx11mt -pthreads 4 -skipcrowds -vrnomirror