Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Start cheaters, and cure?

Platform
    XBOX1

Start cheaters, and cure?

Hi

I'm seeing a very annoying habit on online races, has affected me maybe 30% to 40% of races.

At the start, green lights and several drivers keep their foot on the brake to make those behind them crash. The physics mean the static car does not really suffer, while those with some speed get forced off track or into the pit wall. Then after 2 or 3 seconds they drive off, hardly affected compared to those who they blocked. Even if you notice it and take avoiding action you may end up taking out some other innocent clean racer.

This is so frustrating, especially if you have spent lots of time in practice and qualifying, onlynfor your race to be ruined in the first 2 seconds by some fool.

Other than the obvious, to qualify in pole position, does Anyone know how to combat this problem? All I can think is for the devs to implement a ghost on any car car that does not start moving after green lights. Even then someone may start moving and then slam on the brake..... Argggh
    The following user likes this Post: chart_e

Platform
    PC
    "The phone mean the static car door not really suffer" - What?

Aside from that statement that I could not understand, I agree with you on that and it happened to me also. It can be considered an exploit of the physics engine? If they did get hammered from behind and the damage was properly calculated they would be out of the race, stopping this kind of behaviour. Since they can get away with it for the time being...
    • AMD Ryzen 5 1600X (OC to 4.1GHz)
    • MSI Radeon R9 390 8GB OC Edition
    • 16GB RAM G.Skill Fortis DDR4 2400

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Just be prepared to take evasive action, people stall their cars on the grid in real life think of it like that . I've just learnt to set off and head to the middle of the track straight away.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Arkymedes, madmax2069

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkymedes View Post
    "The phone mean the static car door not really suffer" - What?

Aside from that statement that I could not understand, I agree with you on that and it happened to me also. It can be considered an exploit of the physics engine? If they did get hammered from behind and the damage was properly calculated they would be out of the race, stopping this kind of behaviour. Since they can get away with it for the time being...
    Sorry, corrected the post, I meant to say the physics mean the static car does not really suffer.

I know cars stall on the grid in real life, but this is a deliberate tactic that if you did in real life would result in a disqualification.
    The following user likes this Post: Arkymedes

WMD Member
    All racing games suffer this crap online. It wouldn't be very realistic, but.. Ghost all cars for the first 20 seconds of all races would stop that crap and the first corner bashing fruitcakes. Have a ghost countdown timer on screen so everyone knows when collisions will start to occur. Just a thought.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Que73, TrevorAustin

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    sorry but this is hardly a problem, what is a far bigger problem is all the numbskulls who seemingly always miss a conservative braking point for the first corner and plough into masses of cars in front.

BTW the onus is on YOU (being behind) to not hit cars in front, after all them ahead of you are perfectly permitted to make leisurely starts and adjust their start speed vs. the cars in front of them, the start light going green is not a free ride for you to ignore the basis principle of not hitting the car in front.

it could be improved though, if after qualifying (or whatever the last session is before the race) that you are required to press a button to join the starting grid during a 30sec window prior to the race start, thus meaning all the people on the grid by definition are not AFK, because at the moment, someone who is in qualifying session will automatically be placed on the grid even IF they are AFK (given some qualifying sessions can be 30min or more in MP), IF you are AFK in the 30sec window for joining the grid then you start from your pit box once your no longer AFK (or the pit-lane exit once all the cars on the grid have passed - if you missed the 30sec window but pressed the button before the start lights went green)

as a side note, in some MP lobby/tracks I have taken to not bothering to qualify, rather than to qualify in the top 1/2 or 1/3 of the field, as over 70% of the time I get barged of the track by people smashing into the back of me in the first corner braking area so I end up at the back, instead is easer just to start conservatively near the back then pick my way through all the crashed cars, which gives me the opinion from that back of the grid that most of this problem is ineptitude, jumped starts by a minority who trigger others to move forward, deliberate acts by people who just wish to barge other cars out of the way, a lack of comprehension by many that some people are not using ANY driving aids whatsoever and using a clutch so naturally get off the line slower than someone who is using TC and automatic clutch, or a delusion that a race is won at the start or first corner.

Rookie
    Platform
    PS4
    Is it just my account or is the online reputation not working? It would be good if we could set requirements to join the lobby. For instance, you can set a completion rate filter from off-100%. You could also set collision percentage. It's virtually impossible to stop people from deliberately crashing. So the only way I can see a deterrent working is by making them suffer by not letting them join racers.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Arkymedes, FalkeGT

Platform
    PC
    You could simply create a steam group and invite good and fair drivers to that. Than you can create Lobbies with password. Password can be distributed via group chat. With that you possibly get rid of cheaters.
    Intel i7 6700K ▪ Maximus VIII Extreme ▪ 16GB HyperX DDR4 2666 ▪ GeForce GTX Titan Black 6GB ▪ SSD 500 GB Revodrive X3 ▪ 2 x 640 GB WD VelociRaptor @10k ▪ 6TB NAS ▪ WIN7Pro 64 ▪ 3x24" ASUS or DK2 ▪ Fanatec CSW B EU ▪ Formula Carbon & BMW M3 GT2 ▪ Clubsport Pedals V2 EU ▪ Wheelstand ▪ TrackIR5 ▪ SoundBlaster X-Fi Surround Pro ▪ DIY Bodyshaker & Simvibe
    The following user likes this Post: Roger Prynne

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Unfortunately, the game is a big joke to start with so we can't expect for there to be no jokers playing it and I'm irritated the devs continuously hide behind the "it's purely a racing simulation." Which seems to be the fall back for all the issues and poor execution. Better than or comparable to Forza and GT my ass (which was also stated several times that it was before release). We have no progression or ranked play system either, "we'll it's purely a racing sim". 64 driving vehicles, 2 are karts, with zero user ability for paint and decal customization, "but we give you all the cars to start."

We all need to realize that this game needs more than a few patches to make it what we want.

There are better games out there to buy and I was very disappointed.
    Last edited by Neifesis; 24-05-2015 at 01:27.

Mrbrown33
    Players that block the track, should be DQ after 10 seconds of being stationery. I was DQ for hitting one of the idiots lastnight after spending 30 mins qualifying, he sat there all race trying to block players.