Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: [POST #144] A question to the devs about the frame rate issue

Banned
    Platform
    PC

[POST #144] A question to the devs about the frame rate issue

I've been reading through the notes about the upcoming 1.3 patch and didn't see anything there addressing the performance issues that the Xbox One version of the game is suffering from.

Just a question to the devs - do you recognise that there is a frame rate issue on the Xbox One version i.e. when racing the frame rate at specific points of tracks takes a nose dive.

If so, is there a patch/update in work to rectify this? I've seen articles online quoting a 4-7% increase in performance? Will this be enough to address the issue?

I understand that this game is targeting 60fps, however my experience is that the game very rarely (if ever) reaches that goal.

Is there room going forward to at least add an option which allows us to "lock" the frame rate at 30fps? This at the very least will give a consistent/smooth experience when racing.

Much appreciated.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I would actually prefer they lowered the graphics details in order to hit a constant 60fps. The more tracks I have raced on the more I notice frame drops across the board. I've only been racing in the dry with no more than 20 opponents due to this. I'd actually like to see a 720p option if it would help the frame rate.

Monaco, Zolder, Oulton Park and Sakitto seem to be the worst for me so far but I haven't driven on half the tracks yet.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by birel View Post
    Ian Bell, has the fps been fixed that is being caused by the controller we were told somewhere on these forums? the patch notes are a bit confusing, hope you can answer this time, I have asked three times now
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Bell View Post
    We believe so yes. It was an edge case.

We also have a 5% overall performance improvement coming in the next release.

Hooorah

Platform
    XBOX1
    The patch addresses the majority of issues with FPS at the circuits mentioned having issues. We also need to be aware that the FPS issue maybe caused by the issues with the vibration control, and that the controller fix may resolve the issues.

Platform
    PC
    We're continuing to optimise those areas of certain circuits with an excessive framerate hit.
    The following 11 users likes this Post: Bobbydakid, Bryer, chris4652009, Gamer1963, GenBrien, KkDrummer, MonK3Y, NoLiMiT06, Robhd, SphereOfChaos, Tekkart

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteNinja636 View Post
    Hooorah
    Be aware that the performance increase may not be in the 1.3 release. Dont get your hopes up to much and then moan it isn't where it needs to be.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryer View Post
    Be aware that the performance increase may not be in the 1.3 release. Dont get your hopes up to much and then moan it isn't where it needs to be.
    Sorry, when I said 'next' I meant after this one.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Bryer, GRD 4 3L, Im Sorry, KkDrummer

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Bell View Post
    We're continuing to optimise those areas of certain circuits with an excessive framerate hit.
    Good to know

Platform
    XBOX1
    its simple, take away the graphics of the background, its a racing game who really cares if the trees look nice, the on track stuff should be bang on and even removing all stuff outside of run off areas would be ok if the game ran better.

what good is a nice looking tree when you freeze under breaking in a fast corner, i guess you get to see which branch your gonna hit in HD,lol

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    A lot of people will disagree with me but I would have been happy if PCars on XB1 didn't have weather effects and day/night cycle. I would happily sacrifice those elements for a smoother running game.
    I have mostly been playing one off race weekends in clear conditions with a fixed time of day and a maximum of 24 cars and under these conditions the game is for the most part absolutely amazing. The track selection and car handling has kept me more than entertained so far.
    I have been slightly put off playing the career mode because the races just descend into resembling flick book animation with the slow down from frame rate issues.
    I just think the XB1 can't handle the game as it is.