Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: [POST #144] A question to the devs about the frame rate issue

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    ..i presume with the architecture of xbox one games installing to hdd now, you can change pretty much any element of the game post release?

I know with disk based games you would have to 'patch around' elements in a game following release - Does this mean that future DX12 support is going to happen for certain? Or will budget dictate?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by skijumptoes View Post
    ..i presume with the architecture of xbox one games installing to hdd now, you can change pretty much any element of the game post release?

I know with disk based games you would have to 'patch around' elements in a game following release - Does this mean that future DX12 support is going to happen for certain? Or will budget dictate?
    There's always a bit of budget to take into account but we want to be at the forefront technically so I'll be allocating that budget as soon as we get access.
    The following 6 users likes this Post: EMW Reaper, gds1972, KkDrummer, Nemesis X2, skijumptoes, zapan

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    We'll club together and buy you some sausage rolls each Friday, if you manage to squeeze some DX12 magic on us!

#CrowdSaucedSausageRolls
    The following 6 users likes this Post: BlueFin175, Chris Wollaston-Savage, Ian Bell, KkDrummer, mkstatto, SpeedFreakDTM

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Bell View Post
    We'll need to do some work of course but the way our engine is structured lends itself to the main benefits of DX12.
    I hope so because right now it isn't pretty.
    http://www.xboxdvr.com/gamer/Gaschman/video/2525354

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaschman View Post
    I hope so because right now it isn't pretty.
    http://www.xboxdvr.com/gamer/Gaschman/video/2525354
    That's a freeze bug. DX12 will have nothing to do with 'fixing' that.

We've already worked two possible areas for that and the rest are most likely caused by machine issues such as downloads.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Ian - as you have been quite open about DX12, what would be the benefits for project cars utilising DX12?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by D1rty Duck UK View Post
    Ian - as you have been quite open about DX12, what would be the benefits for project cars utilising DX12?
    About 30-40%

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Holy smoke!!!!!!! 30-40%?!

Be wary of posting this info Ian, as i've noticed a reddit thread linking to this topic now, and you'll have everyone going mental on there... Hey, you could be the new Cliffy B. Say something outrageous like girls can't eat pizza or something!

(http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comm...s_performance/)
    The following user likes this Post: beetes_juice

Platform
    XBOX1
    Ian, Please ignore the personal attacks from a small subset of the community. While I can understand there is a level of frustration, their aggression does not reflect the wider community.

So speaking for myself only, it is refreshing to see the head of the studio present on the message boards. It shows a clear commitment to your product and to the racing game genre! So thank you for taking the time to post updates!

I look forward to this upcoming patch and any more to that follow. Thank you for the great game and most importantly - for the continued support!
    The following 9 users likes this Post: Aldo Zampatti, Bealdor, ctd, Ian Bell, Nemesis X2, Pugamall, Reinart86, SpeedFreakDTM, Umer Ahmad

WMD Member
    I expect a much bigger gain from DX12 in CPU limits. I mean look at AMD, they are ~1.75x behind Nvidia @DX11 in some cases with their Windows 7/8 drivers in pcars at the moment. I think 3x for AMD and 1.5-2x for Nvidia could happen, in practial game settings it is much less especially for Nvidia of course. Just like Mantle in GPU limited settings/games difference is not that big.
    CPU: Intel i5-4670 | GPU: GTX 970 | RAM: 2 x 4GB DDR3-2133 | OS: Win7 x64 SP1 + Win10 Preview x64 | 1+3 TB HDD, 512GB Crucial MX100 SSD | Wheel: Logitech Momo Force wheel/pedals | Display: iiyama X2483HSU-B1, Benq VW2430H