Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: [POST #144] A question to the devs about the frame rate issue

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I don't think it is a case of the Xbox one not being powerful enough, it's simply the game hasn't been optimised for the Xbox one 'yet'. Hopefully the upcoming patches will help.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Glad to hear about fps issue being further optimized. I usually do solo race weekend with time at 11:00. No more than 19 AI & clear weather. Then I have a smooth fps experience with the game.
    Project CARS 2 - Gold Member
    Xbox One X/Seagate USB 3.0 4TB/Netgear Nighthawk xr700 Gaming Router/Thrustmaster TX/TM Leather 28 GT Rim/Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2/T3PA Pedals/Turtle Beach Elite Pro 2 + Superamp Pro/LG 43UH6500 4K UHD HDR Game Mode

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryer View Post
    I'm stating my own experience. I personally wouldn't want SMS to change the game by removing features that work perfectly fine and are playable. Optimisation will improve things no end. Removing things will mean laziness from them, which isn't the SMS way.
    Well if you're happy then that's fine. I'm just asking for the option to lock in a specific frame rate. Or like other users have suggested turn down the graphics to ensure a smooth, consistent frame rate.

I appreciate that there are visual settings, however turning them off doesn't appear to make much of a difference to the frame rate.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Bell View Post
    We think this was related to us running some rumble pad effects at 600Hz, which quite frankly was massive overkill.

There might still be the odd pause online if a user joins in progress but this is almost impossible to eliminate completely.
    Yes understand this could still happen in online races after fix is applied, online gaming problems been seen in different games.
    But im having this problem in carreer mode or practice or solo. Next to online racing i find the carreer mode a lot of fun. Sadly at the moment cant play that part of the game.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbydakid View Post
    I don't think it is a case of the Xbox one not being powerful enough, it's simply the game hasn't been optimised for the Xbox one 'yet'. Hopefully the upcoming patches will help.
    Sorry, but we've worked the machine to hell and back, optimising for three years. Even Microsoft's own 1st party racers run at 30 FPS if they have weather/day night. The extra 5% was partly us, partly MS finding some optimisation themselves in the SDK.

60 FPS, even if only 'most of the time' with no baking and fully dynamic weather and time of day is a minor miracle of optimisation.

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Sorry, but we've worked the machine to hell and back, optimising for three years. Even Microsoft's own 1st party racers run at 30 FPS if they have weather/day night. The extra 5% was partly us, partly MS finding some optimisation themselves in the SDK.

60 FPS, even if only 'most of the time' with no baking and fully dynamic weather and time of day is a minor miracle of optimisation.
    With Directx 12 round the corner, could this be upgraded with that in mind? Would it make any difference?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by JKay15 View Post
    With Directx 12 round the corner, could this be upgraded with that in mind? Would it make any difference?
    Oh yes Our engine loves it also.
    The following 11 users likes this Post: ashasha, Brocass, Bryer, Chris28, GenBrien, Ixoye56, KkDrummer, Mark Bevan, Max Kelly, NoLiMiT06, zapan

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Oh yes Our engine loves it also.
    I was going to ask before you answered with the above quote, do you recommend us getting a PS4 to play project cars on.

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Sweet! So potentially whenever Microsoft ever get round to releasing it for the Xbox, Project Cars will be able to utilise it?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by birel View Post
    I was going to ask before you answered with the above quote, do you recommend us getting a PS4 to play project cars on.
    With DX12 the Xbox will perform extremely well for us.

With the upcoming imminent patches it's already much better.