Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 200

Thread: [POST #144] A question to the devs about the frame rate issue

  1. #151
    WMD Member marcosanta8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Vicenza, Italy
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Bell View Post
    Let me be clear guys.

    30-40% is on PC where the lack of multithreading ability in DX11 restricted us most.

    On Xbox we will see a good gain though.

    The next patch (very soon) adds about 5-7%

    Following that we're focusing on the hardest hit areas on circuits, this is mainly art optimisation.

    The above should get us very close.

    DX12 will add probably another 7% or more to Xbox for us.
    Thanks for the clarification Ian, although I still have one question: when you say "30-40%" I assume you're talking about cpu frame times (and not frame rates), is that correct? AFAIK DirectX 12 helps especially in cpu-bound scenarios, so it would be wrong to expect a 30-40% frame rate boost, unless I'm using a good video card on a very weak CPU.
    Intel Core i7 4770K - 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz - ASUS Z87-PRO V-Edition - MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G - Crucial BX100 250GB - Dell P2414H - Logitech G27

  2. #152
    CEO - SMS Group. Ian Bell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    5,016
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by marcosanta8 View Post
    Thanks for the clarification Ian, although I still have one question: when you say "30-40%" I assume you're talking about cpu frame times (and not frame rates), is that correct? AFAIK DirectX 12 helps especially in cpu-bound scenarios, so it would be wrong to expect a 30-40% frame rate boost, unless I'm using a good video card on a very weak CPU.
    It could be fully 40% especially on slower CPU's with quad cores.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Max Kelly, Pr3t3nd3r, zapan


  3. #153
    GT4 Pilot nissan4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    2,144
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Bell View Post
    Let me be clear guys.

    30-40% is on PC where the lack of multithreading ability in DX11 restricted us most.

    On Xbox we will see a good gain though.

    The next patch (very soon) adds about 5-7%

    Following that we're focusing on the hardest hit areas on circuits, this is mainly art optimisation.

    The above should get us very close.

    DX12 will add probably another 7% or more to Xbox for us.
    I'm really glad to hear that ya'll will be still doing optimization for Project Cars on Xbox One. Perhaps by the end of the year, the game will really come into its own after DX12 goes live on Xbox One. I can't wait. Thank you for this awesome & impressive game. It has & will continue to consume my life!
    Project CARS 2 - Gold Member
    Xbox One X/Seagate SSD 1 TB USB/Netgear Nighthawk xr700 Gaming Router/Thrustmaster TX/TM Leather 28 GT Rim/Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2/T3PA Pedals/Turtle Beach Elite Pro 2 + Superamp Pro/LGCX48OLED
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Benja190782, Ian Bell


  4. #154
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Köln
    Posts
    7
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Let me be clear Ian.Sorry but game runs realy bad on Xbox One and now you are talking about max.%14 performance boost with the upcoming DX12 patch which is able to add 5-7 more fps that is extremely insignificant.I liked Project Cars but sometimes these frame rate issues make me ice cold against the game.

    So if you say all we can do is only %14 nothin more sorry and I say sorry I will afford your game gladly.And you better be careful when you make a statement because,because of your statements here in this forum some sites made realy big news about X1+dx12 but now you say I was talking about PC while people were asking you about X1.So sorry bye bye Project Cars.i cant play a SIM game under 60fps.

  5. #155
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Norfolk
    Posts
    174
    Platform
    XBOX1
    They could sort the frame rate instantly if they wanted, it's whether xbone gamers as a whole would want to lose detail/resolution in the game, and whether sms have the budget left to do it post release if the demand was there - Fact is you can't have it both ways as the consoles raw hardware is only that of an average gaming pc, yet it's punching way above that already.

    They have to please the majority, and the majority want good looking games, which as we've seen numerous times now, come at a price of either lacking resolution, smooth experience, or is limited in some way.

    Ian, wonder if you could be so kind to approximate what kind of frame rate improvement would exist were the game to render at 720p? And if there was an improvement, could this be an option within the game settings for those of us who would prefer a smoother experience.
    Last edited by skijumptoes; 29-05-2015 at 13:40.

  6. #156
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    77
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I don't know anything about development so shoot me down if i'm wrong, would it create better fps if some of the stuff,tyre barriers ect were solid items instead of being soft tyre like textures especially barriers on the out skirts of tracks etc. Like i said, i know nothing about this.

  7. #157
    Rookie Erchacho's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    4
    Platform
    PC


    How is this possible?

    Change from W8.1 to W10 give this boost!!! This is insane...
    The following user likes this Post:


  8. #158
    WMD Member Mark Bevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Enfield, North London, England
    Posts
    121
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by forza_maniac View Post
    Let me be clear Ian.Sorry but game runs realy bad on Xbox One and now you are talking about max.%14 performance boost with the upcoming DX12 patch which is able to add 5-7 more fps that is extremely insignificant.I liked Project Cars but sometimes these frame rate issues make me ice cold against the game.

    So if you say all we can do is only %14 nothin more sorry and I say sorry I will afford your game gladly.And you better be careful when you make a statement because,because of your statements here in this forum some sites made realy big news about X1+dx12 but now you say I was talking about PC while people were asking you about X1.So sorry bye bye Project Cars.i cant play a SIM game under 60fps.
    Which actual SIM on the Xbox1 hits 60fps ?
    CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 95W @3.65GHz | RAM: G.SKILL 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3-1600 | MOBO: Gigabyte GA-MA790GPT-UD3H | GPU: GTX 660Ti 2GB (@-15(1096-1150 boost)/+456(3460)) | PSU: Corsair TX650W | OS: Win7 Pro 64-bit SP1 | Monitor: Fujitsu 22" 1680x1050 | Sound: Realtek ALC889 onboard sound & Speedlink Medusa NX USB 5.1 surround headset | Controller: G27 w/Nixim brake
    Nvidia Inspector - Vertical Sync Tear Control: Adaptive | Vertical Sync: Force On | Texture Filtering - Driver Controlled LOD Bias: Off
    Launch Options: -x64 -dx11mt -novr -pthreads 4
    VisualFX - Post-Processing Filters: On | Lens Flare: Subtle | Bloom: On | Heat Haze: Off | GSI: On | Exposure Compensation: 1.00 | Rain Drops: No | Vignette: No | Crepsular Rays: Yes | Screen Dirt: No
    Performance - Resolution: 2184x910 (custom 2.40:1 aspect ratio resolution, for a 16:10 1680x1050 native screen, including a 1.69x driver down sample) | Windowed: No | Texture Resolution: High | Texture Filtering: 16x | V-Sync: No | AA: MSAA | FXAA Post: Low | SMAA Post: Off | Reflections: Low | Environment Map: Low | Car Detail: Medium | Track Detail: High | Shadow Detail: Medium | Motion Blur: Off | Render Frames Ahead: 2 | Detailed Grass: Off | Particle Level: Low | Particle Density: Low | Stretched Headlight Reflections: Yes

  9. #159
    CEO - SMS Group. Ian Bell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    5,016
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by forza_maniac View Post
    Let me be clear Ian.Sorry but game runs realy bad on Xbox One and now you are talking about max.%14 performance boost with the upcoming DX12 patch which is able to add 5-7 more fps that is extremely insignificant.I liked Project Cars but sometimes these frame rate issues make me ice cold against the game.

    So if you say all we can do is only %14 nothin more sorry and I say sorry I will afford your game gladly.And you better be careful when you make a statement because,because of your statements here in this forum some sites made realy big news about X1+dx12 but now you say I was talking about PC while people were asking you about X1.So sorry bye bye Project Cars.i cant play a SIM game under 60fps.
    Yes. On pure optimising of code etc. But we're doing a lot also on asset optimisation which will also have a very large but indeterminate effect.
    The following user likes this Post: Pr3t3nd3r


  10. #160
    CEO - SMS Group. Ian Bell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    5,016
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by skijumptoes View Post
    They could sort the frame rate instantly if they wanted, it's whether xbone gamers as a whole would want to lose detail/resolution in the game, and whether sms have the budget left to do it post release if the demand was there - Fact is you can't have it both ways as the consoles raw hardware is only that of an average gaming pc, yet it's punching way above that already.

    They have to please the majority, and the majority want good looking games, which as we've seen numerous times now, come at a price of either lacking resolution, smooth experience, or is limited in some way.

    Ian, wonder if you could be so kind to approximate what kind of frame rate improvement would exist were the game to render at 720p? And if there was an improvement, could this be an option within the game settings for those of us who would prefer a smoother experience.
    It wouldn't help. We're not 'bound' there. What we have coming over the next months will, I'm almost sure, please everyone.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Benja190782, Nemesis X2, Pr3t3nd3r, zapan


Similar Threads

  1. Stuttering/frame rate possible cause
    By bobblebob in forum XB1 - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 21-06-2015, 09:50
  2. Ps4 really bad frame rate or ghosting ?
    By Bowlz in forum PS4 - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 16-05-2015, 04:11
  3. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 14-05-2015, 09:44
  4. [KNOWN ISSUE] Frame Rate dropping a lot on XB1
    By Bloyski in forum XB1 - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-05-2015, 02:59
  5. Slow frame rate
    By Evil XR 1200 in forum XB1 - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-05-2015, 15:20

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •