Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: [POST #144] A question to the devs about the frame rate issue

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    So PCars is rather CPU limited on X1? But I don't understand why PCars is performing worse on X1 than PS4 (lower resolution and lower framerate), since I thought the X1 has a slightly faster CPU?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic90 View Post
    So PCars is rather CPU limited on X1? But I don't understand why PCars is performing worse on X1 than PS4 (lower resolution and lower framerate), since I thought the X1 has a slightly faster CPU?
    We're everything limited. We looked at what we had and pushed it to the max.

I can't talk about specifics with regard to machine variations as we've got NDA's signed. What I will say is that the Xbox has a lot of CPU power.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Bell View Post
    We're everything limited. We looked at what we had and pushed it to the max.

I can't talk about specifics with regard to machine variations as we've got NDA's signed. What I will say is that the Xbox has a lot of CPU power.

Ok Ian, then Is Project Cars a CPU Bound or GPU Bound game?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Erchacho View Post
    Ok Ian, then Is Project Cars a CPU Bound or GPU Bound game?
    Neither. We use each to their utmost.
    The following user likes this Post: Erchacho

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Can you already confirm that project cars on xbox one will never be in 1080p? Actually 14 percent do not sound like that is possible, more like that this will go to fps.

Do you know how Windows 10 will affect the performance of project cars on xbox one?
    The following user likes this Post: Benja190782

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Captnkuesel View Post
    Can you already confirm that project cars on xbox one will never be in 1080p? Actually 14 percent do not sound like that is possible, more like that this will go to fps.

Do you know how Windows 10 will affect the performance of project cars on xbox one?
    Confirmed.

No effect.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Erchacho, Sardino

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Thank you Mr bell. Have a nice weekend
    The following user likes this Post: Ian Bell

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Hello Ian,

I can confirm that tracks like Oulton Park and Watkins Glen has better frame rate after the patch, even if you guys didn't do something to improve performance.

I hope the next patch makes it even better with the upgrades - but is there ANYTHING we can do by our self to improve performance on Xbox One?

Like install to external HD, turn off visuals in-game or setting the Xbox One to 720p maybe??
    My setup: Xbox One X, LG OLED 65" 4K tv, Thrustmaster TX base, F599XX EVO 30 wheel, TH8A shifter, T3PA-PRO pedals, Logitec keyboard, DSD adapter, Isotta aftermarket rim, Jamo 5.1 Surround system!

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Bell View Post
    Confirmed.

No effect.
    May I ask you a question? Of course both are different games with different targets but FH2 has almost everything what PC has and that game running at 1080p,4xMSAA,8xAF,360hz physics,Open World,Rocksolid 30fps plus dynamich weather and time.Yes they are first party devs but they proved that this machine is capable of these stuffs without any performance issues.Now I return to PC and looking a game only closed tracks,sorry but looking nowhere near FH2+ 900p and still suffering from frame rate issues.It is kinda odd.

Umer Ahmad
    "360hz physics"

^this. Also, I bet they're not even doing 1/2 the calculations pCARS does in a single Operating Cycle.

I'm sorry if you cannot appreciate the physics of projects cars, it really is the foundation of the whole game.

Also, do the cars in FH2 have full damage models? Like you can inside the hood/bonnet and see the engine? This adds to the polycount and graphical load. (I don't know anything much about FH2) (edit: I mean like this detail )
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Benja190782, EMW Reaper, nissan4ever, Pugamall