Thread: Neck detached after car flipped – ARGH, OMG! All that blood!

Platform
    PC

Cool Neck detached after car flipped – ARGH, OMG! All that blood!

Hey guys,

I just had some fun in formula rookie, when an AI driver obviously was not quite content with my driving line, and while his polite yet forceful attempt to correct me, we collided and I did a magnificent flip flailing my arms in the air and making happy wookie noises.

Sadly though, that stunt cost me a good position in the race, some bodywork, two wheels aaaaaaand obviously my head. Or at least my neck got bent in a rather unhealthy fashion, however I don't have any other explanation for this view:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150523_122310189_HDR.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	201.3 KB 
ID:	204120

At least the engine was still running.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Artaeus, LADY GEMMA JANE, Lars Rosenquist, Robbo-92

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by ao1977 View Post
    Hey guys,

I just had some fun in formula rookie, when an AI driver obviously was not quite content with my driving line, and while his polite yet forceful attempt to correct me, we collided and I did a magnificent flip flailing my arms in the air and making happy wookie noises.

Sadly though, that stunt cost me a good position in the race, some bodywork, two wheels aaaaaaand obviously my head. Or at least my neck got bent in a rather unhealthy fashion, however I don't have any other explanation for this view:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150523_122310189_HDR.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	201.3 KB 
ID:	204120

At least the engine was still running.
    Thankfully there was the orange indicator on the left of the screen to let you know there was some "mechanical failure"....haha...as far as your neck, I hope you keep a chiropractor on staff in your pit
    PS4
    PSN: Helmethead1031
    Thrustmaster T100

Platform
    PC
    What is your G-force Effect set to? Too high a value may cause this detachment during collisions.
    ...because simcar

Rig: Intel i7-8770k @ 3.7GHz | MSI Z370 GAMING M5 | MSI GTX1080ti GAMING 11G | G.SKILL TridentZ 32Gb DDR4 | NZXT H400 case w/ Kraken x62 AIO cooler | Oculus Rift CV1 | LG 34UC88-B ultrawide (3440x1440 @ 60Hz) | Windows 10 Pro

Gear: Fanatec CSW v2.5 w/ Universal Hub, Clubsport GT rim | Fanatec CSR Elite pedals & shifter
    The following user likes this Post: ao1977

Platform
    PC
    Well, I just came back from my chiropractor. Everything's fine so far considering my neck – seems the camera angle is simply wrong, who could have thought that? *smh*

Well then, is there any chance the horizontal camera angle will be relative to the car's base (instead, as it seems to be, so the ground) in future updates? I think that would be a nice detail, even if it's not Project C.R.A.S.H.A.S.R.E.A.L.I.S.T.I.C.A.S.P.O.S.S.I.B.L.E.™.

Platform
    PC
    I hit a wall upside down at about 150 in formula a on the last bend last night. The engineer said to go back to the pits for repairs
    MSI X99 Gaming 7, 16GB Hyper-X XMP Predator EVGA SC ACX 2 980Ti 1252/1446 boost ram 7776Ghz 64deg max, I7 5820K running at 4.6Ghz 60deg max, Corsair RM850, Thrustmaster T500RS and F1/T28 leather rim, Windows 8.1, Rift dk2, gt omega rs6 pro, 1080p triples bezel corrected to 6080*1080, Game settings at max except in-game AA, Nvidia inspector/maxwell AA on/transparency on/32*CSAA/8*SGSS/FXAA on, sim vibe chassis/4*Reckhorn 200s 200 watt Onkyo Amp.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by TrevorAustin View Post
    The engineer said to go back to the pits for repairs
    At Brands Hatch another car touched me, I went airborne and literally flew off the track, resulting in some suspension damage. Next, I was told to respect the track limits.

This makes me wish the race engineer had a genuine AI whom I could give a proper response, Rδikkφnen style.
    Last edited by ao1977; 23-05-2015 at 17:27.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Isis weren't in the race were they?