Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Safety Cars?

Platform
    PS4

Safety Cars?

This is just an idea that I have, it may not be practical but it is just an inquiry. Will there be Safety Cars in Career mode? Lets say the two AI get into an accident where one has severe damage and there is debris on the track, the Safety Car gets deployed and the pit speed limiter comes on but you still have steering control. Then on the restart your engineer lets you know when you can go again (kinda like a rolling start).

Would make things interesting if there is a last minute Safety Car in an endurance race and you have the pressure right on you again!
    PSN: Dents27 ----> Really enjoy racing GT/Touring Cars especially GT3! ------> Favourite GT Track is Spa-Francochamps

http://i.imgur.com/bLhfjVs.jpg?1

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I agree, this would be awesome and more realistic, i hope they had this in a future update along with more staff on the pit stops, because they are like ghosts changing your tyres...
    The following 3 users likes this Post: artao, mgsilentfate11, robdok

Platform
    PC
    I don't know guys, don't you think it would get a bit boring? That's the reason we don't have it TBH.

Thoughts?

(PS, More guys in the pit is coming. It's just an absolute animator's nightmare as we have so many different car types with fuel nozzles and wheels in different places.)

Platform
    PC
    Moved to Feature Suggestions
    i5 2500k @ 4.5 GHz | Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 | MSI GTX970 TF V OC 4GB | 8 gig ram | Win7 Home 64bit | BenQ 27" 1080p | T500RS wheel & pedals | DIY 'H' & sequential shifters via Bodnar BU0836 | Symprojects DLC-247 controlled gauges | Buttonbox via Bodnar BU0836X

“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” - Aldous Huxley

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Well, if some people find it boring it could be optional, and be turned off and on in the options menu, i actually would like to have safety cars, as it would make the game more realistic.
    And about the pit crews i understand it might be difficult but I can waitfor it, it will make the game feel more alive.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: artao, bonannogiovanni, mgsilentfate11, robdok

Platform
    PS4
    Personally I would love having the Safety Car, even if I'm winning the race by a large margin. It adds the extra unexpected element to the racing experience. Because in real life, leaders could have a massive lead taken away by 1 Safety Car.
    PSN: Dents27 ----> Really enjoy racing GT/Touring Cars especially GT3! ------> Favourite GT Track is Spa-Francochamps

http://i.imgur.com/bLhfjVs.jpg?1
    The following 5 users likes this Post: artao, chig88, Jan Studenski, mgsilentfate11, robdok

Maybe you could introduce a safety car in races over a certain length?
    Eagerly awaiting the Nintendo Switch (formorly known as the NX) version of Project CARS 2!

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsantospt View Post
    Well, if some people find it boring it could be optional, and be turned off and on in the options menu, i actually would like to have safety cars, as it would make the game more realistic.
    And about the pit crews i understand it might be difficult but I can waitfor it, it will make the game feel more alive.
    It's a hell of a lot of work though. If it's not for most I don't think we'd want to put the time in which could be spent elsewhere.
    The following 5 users likes this Post: AB_Attack, Dents27, IDinity, mkstatto, NavyFlipper HUN

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Definitely think time could be spent elsewhere first, such as AI vulnerablilty (tyre temperature/reduced off-tarmac traction/wet conditions/damage/mechanical failure), ability to create custom champsionship seasons/careers and AI drivers with more personality/individuality so we get to recognise our AI opponents and care more about beating them and can become immersed in a season/career against them. Then it would possibly be more interesting to have safety cars.
    The following user likes this Post: marcioindau

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    1. Add safety car for rolling start. Remember on GTR2 there was a safety car pulling into the pits heading the field.

2. Safety car would be absolutly amazing in race. If someone had a big accident. But only if it works perfectly. Not that it glitched after a small incident and stays out for 5-6 laps.

Make it optional? Some want it, some dont want it. Same with assists, same with weather, same with amount of opponents and so on. Not a priority, but a cool thing def.