Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Safety Cars?

Platform
    XBOX1
    I agree on the comments regarding time would be better spent else where. But I'm just going to put an idea in the mix on this as well. How about a virtual safety car (F1 inspired) where its a virtual safety car period and all cars have to post a set pace. Then the pitting is handled with normal pit coding.
    The following user likes this Post: robdok

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Safety car would be cool, but for now there's seldom accidents including AI. Rather have an increased possibility for that. Don't know if I've even seen one prolonged yellow flag situation. AI:s seem to disappear quite fast when involved in race ending accidents. So what would we need safety cars for? I feel programming time could be spent elsewhere.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Would also love safety car but as above, we need the AI to have some proper crashes, debris, or break downs first.

Platform
    XBOX1
    I would love to see a safety car added. Have it come out if a car is disabled or debris are within a certain distance from the track, a full track caution would come out. Or if a car was temporary disabled like a spin, the section would have a yellow, no passing allowed and limit the throttle input, or something like that. The have the option to turn it off. Then occasionally have the AI crash so I'm not the one always crashing or causing them.

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelBrow View Post
    1. Add safety car for rolling start. Remember on GTR2 there was a safety car pulling into the pits heading the field.

2. Safety car would be absolutly amazing in race. If someone had a big accident. But only if it works perfectly. Not that it glitched after a small incident and stays out for 5-6 laps.

Make it optional? Some want it, some dont want it. Same with assists, same with weather, same with amount of opponents and so on. Not a priority, but a cool thing def.
    I agree 100% with this

WMD Member
    A safety car is one of the core aspects in any oval racing. Can't imagine to run the Indy 500 without one.
    System: Dell Precision M4600/8 GB DDR3/AMD FirePro M5950/256GB SSD/Win7 x64
    Display: Panasonic ETW60 55" LCD/LED TV
    Wheel: Thrustmaster T300RS/Fanatec CSL Wheelstand EU
    Pad: Xbox360 Controller
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Alan Dallas, FLX81, robdok

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Bell View Post
    I don't know guys, don't you think it would get a bit boring? That's the reason we don't have it TBH.

Thoughts?

(PS, More guys in the pit is coming. It's just an absolute animator's nightmare as we have so many different car types with fuel nozzles and wheels in different places.)

Yeah safety cars seems like a bit of a vibe killer to be honest.

Guys in the pits sounds awesome, Fixing the pit setup menus would also be magic.

Also if their was saftey cars in a PS4 lobby the race would be griding to a halt every 20 seconds which would be brutally boring.
    Last edited by loslogo; 24-05-2015 at 08:16.

Platform
    PC
    I don't know guys, don't you think it would get a bit boring? That's the reason we don't have it TBH.

Thoughts?
    Safety Car for Full course yellow on the Ovals is a must for any Simulator. Yes, it may be boring for a lap or 2 but it adds to the realism and immersion aspect for a simulation. Even if we had the option to toggle Safety Car/FCY off I would keep it on. I think it would be worth the time invested. Along with getting Black flagged for a Stop and Go or drive through. That automatic slow down just pulls you straight out of the simulated immersion.
    CPU: AMD FX-8350 | Mobo: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 | Mem: 16GB G.Skill DDR3 1866 | GPU: ASUS Dual OC GeForce GTX 1070 8GB(Drvr R398.11) | Snd: Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer
    Case: THERMALTAKE Level 10 GTS | PSU: SeaSonic PRIME Platinum 650W | Monitor: 40" VISIO D40u-D1 | O/S: Win10 Pro-64bit | Controller: Thrustmaster TX w/GTE & F1 Wheels

Twitter: @ARDallas68 - Steam: SternLX
    "If somebody said they enjoyed the Nürburgring, they weren't going fast enough." ~ Sir Jackie Stewart on the Green Hell
    I appreciate those enjoying my Custom Liveries... but, please don't send me livery requests in PM's. I don't do liveries on request. Sorry.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: ironik, McKiernan, robdok

Safety Car on ovals is pretty much mandatory. An ability to skip the safety car period in single player would be handy too.
    Intel i5 2500k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3 RAM, GeForce GTX 680 with driver 361.43, Windows 7 x64

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC

Thoughts?

(PS, More guys in the pit is coming. It's just an absolute animator's nightmare as we have so many different car types with fuel nozzles and wheels in different places.)
    I agree. Safety car has been something that people wanted for a long time for many games but it just doesn't add any fun at all. No need for safety cars. I bet it would be a gimmick and then people would want a tickbox to exclude it after it having interrupted enough races.