Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Safety Cars?

Platform
    PC
    Safety Cars is one of those 'First Penguin' ideas that I hope we implement for pCARS 2. Tie it to the 'rules/flags' enabled setting perhaps (and only if race laps > say 10). Don't enforce the pit speed limiter - trust the driver to do the right thing and you'll save work and increase immersion. (You could detect a position improvement when the green flag comes back out on the S/F line). Adds strategy, allows you to catch back up to leaders, or forces you to defend if you stretched out a lead.

MB Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390 // CPU Intel i9 9900K // RAM Corsair Vengeance RGP Pro 32GB DDR4 @3200MHz // GPU Gigabyte nVidia 1080 Ti // M.2 NVME SSD Samsung 960 EVO 2TB // SSD Samsung 850 Evo 1TB

CPU Cooler NZXT Kraken x62 280mm AIO // Case Fractal Design Define R6 Type C // Display ASUS PG34Q 34" 3440x1400 100Hz G-SYNC LCD // Speakers Logitech Z5500-D 5.1ch // OS Windows 10 Pro x64// Build Default Parameters

VR Oculus Rift CV1 // Wheel Fanatec CSR Elite // Pedals Fanatec Clubsport // Shifter Thrustmaster TH8RS with InterfaceOne wheel adapter // Head Tracking TrackIR v4 // Audio Transducer ButtKicker Gamer v2.0 // Seat PlaySeat Executive

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    I did just a 2h race on Le mans last night,2 AI had a massive accident in front of me. He was almost wrecked, what I could see. That would have been a great time for a safety car, do I jump into the pits get some fresh rubber and not loose to much time or do I stay out?

Le mans would need 2 safety cars and nordschleife would need 3.

Anyone watched the F1 yesterday in Monaco?
    A safety car could loose you the race.... more factors to think about.

I want it! But I agree there is other stuff that should be done first.
    Bug fixes, AI fixes, pit guys and so on
    The following user likes this Post: robdok

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    I've played a few games with safety cars from the original GP and Nascar on PC to GTR2 etc. and I think they best way to implement would be the following workflow.

Accident Occurs
    Yellow Flag is deployed
    Vehicles have full control until their current lap is completed and they pass the pitlane exit [TRIGGER POINT for AI MODE]
    upon crossing the line become AI and will travel to behind Safety Car (or skip to behind safety Car)
    Damaged cars + cars entering pit lane can refuel + fix cars etc + retire from race (still collect points race points without being DQ)
    Exiting pit lane become AI and will travel to behind Safety Car (or skip to behind safety car)

[SAFETY CAR Menu Opens]
    Retire from Race
    Edit Pit Strategy [OPEN PIT STRATEGY MENU]
    Vehicle Telemetry [View engine stats, tire stats, lap timing, damage report]
    VOTE TO GREEN FLAG (This option become available once the last car reaches pit lane or all other racers vote to restart race and will push the outstanding car into pitlane)
    VOTE TO RESTART RACE (HOST ONLY MENU ONLY AVAILABLE ON LAP 1)

Race time skips to restart

Safety Car option in Menu

Full Control - Full Control of vehicles with Vote to restart - Driver have to keep heat in their tires warm manually and maintain a speed under 100 km/h or receive a Black Flag
    Restricted Full Lap - Drivers skip to AI behind the SC and watch the final lap of the safety (Speed is limited but steering has full control) - Tires receive nominal warm state.
    Restricted Half Lap - Same as above but Half Lap
    Restricted 400m - Same as above but 400m
    Locked - Same as Rolling start. Locked steering + Speed)

Thanks to the dev in advance this is sort of an extension of the GTR2 SC.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: General_RIMT, ironik

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzza5 View Post
    Safety Cars is one of those 'First Penguin' ideas that I hope we implement for pCARS 2. Tie it to the 'rules/flags' enabled setting perhaps (and only if race laps > say 10). Don't enforce the pit speed limiter - trust the driver to do the right thing and you'll save work and increase immersion. (You could detect a position improvement when the green flag comes back out on the S/F line). Adds strategy, allows you to catch back up to leaders, or forces you to defend if you stretched out a lead.
    Oh...pCars 2 eh? So we will see that in like 2017/2018?

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Bell View Post
    It's a hell of a lot of work though. If it's not for most I don't think we'd want to put the time in which could be spent elsewhere.
    Bit surprised to read this. Not only is it an imho very interesting strategic element in racing, I also wonder how you plan on handling wrecked cars and debris in oval racing without a safety car?

Platform
    PC
    I've had FCY come out in a race against AI on Indy(125 mile race) in rF2 that I wasn't involved with. Had no idea what happened but took advantage of the Yellow to head into the pits for a top up and tires. Best part, didn't lose position and the whole process felt natural.
    CPU: AMD FX-8350 | Mobo: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 | Mem: 16GB G.Skill DDR3 1866 | GPU: ASUS Dual OC GeForce GTX 1070 8GB(Drvr R398.11) | Snd: Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer
    Case: THERMALTAKE Level 10 GTS | PSU: SeaSonic PRIME Platinum 650W | Monitor: 40" VISIO D40u-D1 | O/S: Win10 Pro-64bit | Controller: Thrustmaster TX w/GTE & F1 Wheels

Twitter: @ARDallas68 - Steam: SternLX
    "If somebody said they enjoyed the Nürburgring, they weren't going fast enough." ~ Sir Jackie Stewart on the Green Hell
    I appreciate those enjoying my Custom Liveries... but, please don't send me livery requests in PM's. I don't do liveries on request. Sorry.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    I thought I read somewhere last year that the safety car was planned to be added after release. Either they were wrong or SMS changed their minds.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Crockett View Post
    Oh...pCars 2 eh? So we will see that in like 2017/2018?
    No idea - but for the amount of time/work required it would probably make sense to have it in a sequel.

MB Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390 // CPU Intel i9 9900K // RAM Corsair Vengeance RGP Pro 32GB DDR4 @3200MHz // GPU Gigabyte nVidia 1080 Ti // M.2 NVME SSD Samsung 960 EVO 2TB // SSD Samsung 850 Evo 1TB

CPU Cooler NZXT Kraken x62 280mm AIO // Case Fractal Design Define R6 Type C // Display ASUS PG34Q 34" 3440x1400 100Hz G-SYNC LCD // Speakers Logitech Z5500-D 5.1ch // OS Windows 10 Pro x64// Build Default Parameters

VR Oculus Rift CV1 // Wheel Fanatec CSR Elite // Pedals Fanatec Clubsport // Shifter Thrustmaster TH8RS with InterfaceOne wheel adapter // Head Tracking TrackIR v4 // Audio Transducer ButtKicker Gamer v2.0 // Seat PlaySeat Executive

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I think it would be a great feature in career mode with the option to turn it off and on but I know that would be a huge project. In my opinion having a more realistic AI would be a better upgrade, in my 2 career seasons in the Clio cup I still have not witnessed the computer have any issues I.E (Flat tire, Engine trouble, Accidents etc.....) Anyways keep up the awesome work boys! Loving the game regardless!!
    Rickybobby98

Platform
    PC
    +1 for Safety Cars

In my opinion its a must
    BUT
    It should come along with realistic retirment (so ie. the cars that have blown engine / too much damage ... get pushed away / disappear after a few minutes (and not seconds) so the Safety Car has too be deployed ... or ie. Safety Car because of Debris on track ... or ie. Safety Car because of Thunderstorm (Openwheeler only because it gets too dark)...

If i remember correctly wasnt it once said to be implemented?
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Dents27, robdok