Thread: Bug Report - Time Trial records assists as being "on" when "Real assists" used & off

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Bug Report - Time Trial records assists as being "on" when "Real assists" used & off

If you look at this site

http://cars-stats-steam.wmdportal.com/

it shows the time trial leaderboards including further details such as whether assists have been used. I am a PC user.

I wanted to compare my times with comparable drivers, for example, it is a bit pointless if you are using a wheel, pro handling, and no assists in a lotus 49 comparing yourself to someone using a gamepad, novice setting and all assists on including steering assist and braking assist. It is a completely different thing.

I found that when I looked at these tables it said I was using abs, traction and stability control (even though I wasn't). And before you ask there were definitely off. I used the external view where you can see whether they are on or off in the display. I also tested the driving and you could tell they were off, the brakes locked up easily in comparison to when I tried with assists forced on. I did the test in a Lotus 49 which does not have modern assists (however this bug seems to have happened in all my time trial results).

After a bit of experimentation I found that if you use "real" assists in the settings it says you have abs, traction and stability control turned on even when you don't.

I was hoping that at a later stage the leaderboards in game would feature information about assists used (and I know others have asked for this). Now it seems a bit pointless since all the data is corrupted.

The reason I think this is a in game bug and not a problem with the website is I also I could not get the "I am the 5% trophy" even though all assists were off, I was using internal cam etc (I was using all the correct settings, didn't work if I had real settings on or forced all assists off). I have a feeling the reason for this may be related. I ended up deleting my save game and starting again. This is the only way I could get the trophy to work. After I did this it worked easily. So I think this bug is throughout the game about how it records what assists are being used.

Platform
    PC
    Yep this has been happening for a long time and will be fixed at some stage as far as I know.
    Addressing expectations on realism and simulation - Project CARS PC Leaderboards - Learn how to race properly - Forum Resources for Pcars
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A good explanation of the different tyre types - FFB Guide - Official FFB Guide - A new home for all your setups - How to use the Advance Search
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 8GB DDR3 (1600MHz) Crucial Ballistix Sport Memory
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 378.66)| Displays: 50" LCD TV 1920x1080 @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim brake mod (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit - Anniversary

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    When will this problem solved.
    Tested again and problem is still there.

Cadillac ATS-V.R GT3 @ Brands Hatch Indy Time Trial. Gameplay settings: Real Assists
    The Cadillac has ABS and TC with Real Assists. The in game HUD in the external view on the bottom right shows it correct, but the Leaderboard shows ABS, TC and additionally SC enabled.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RealAssist on - settings.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	161.0 KB 
ID:	229222

Name:	RealAssist on - HUD_marked.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	247.4 KB 
ID:	229224

Name:	Leaderboard.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	105.5 KB 
ID:	229220

For comparison I enabled All Assists to see the difference in the HUD

Name:	AllAssists on - HUD.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	248.1 KB 
ID:	229223
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T | MSI GTX970 Gaming 4G | Asus M4A89TD Pro USB3 | 16GB DDR3 | Windows 7 64 Bit | Fanatec CSW V2 + Porsche 918 RSR Rim + Formula Carbon Rim + CSP V2 + CSS SQ V1.5 | TrackIR 4 | 27" 1080p

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    It seems that this is a known issue, but can a moderator or a dev comment it, please.

It is really frustrating if you collect all relevant infos to give feedback for a found bug and nobody reads it.

There is in general the question if a forum is the correct place for feedback.

Further cry_inc had a lot of work to show the Real Assists on his pcars.13ms.de Leaderboard website, but with this bug you have to set the assists manual in the game if you want a correct export to the Leaderboards.
    Last edited by M. -VIPER- Morgan; 08-03-2016 at 11:04.
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T | MSI GTX970 Gaming 4G | Asus M4A89TD Pro USB3 | 16GB DDR3 | Windows 7 64 Bit | Fanatec CSW V2 + Porsche 918 RSR Rim + Formula Carbon Rim + CSP V2 + CSS SQ V1.5 | TrackIR 4 | 27" 1080p
    The following user likes this Post: Mad LL