Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PC World Project Cars Review

WMD Member
    Platform
    PS4

PC World Project Cars Review

Just read this review and think it's spot on: http://www.pcworld.com/article/29256...oo-casual.html

I love Project Cars and have been playing TOO much of it on my T300rs but I can't help but agree with the comments about it being impossible to play properly with a controller, and the lack of any tutorials what-so-ever wrt setting up your car and wrt FFB sliders is a real shame.

Like I said; I can't get enough of this game, but I also can't help but agree with the comments in the review. Can more explanatory text be included for all of the games sliders in the upcoming patch?
    The following 2 users likes this Post: tmitch45

Platform
    PC
    Spot on? It read to me like a hate blog from an Assetto Corsa fanboy.
    AMD Phenom II X4 965 | ATI HD 7870 | G-Skill 8GB DDR3 | DELL 2407WFP | Win 7/10 x64 | Logitech DFGT | Wired Xbox 360 Controller
    The following 3 users likes this Post: madmax2069, Pink_650S, Srt8 300c

Platform
    PC
    I think it is heavily biased against the game, but do agree with sone of the bits about the career mode stuff. Personally, as i said yesyerday, i wish that hadn't been botgered wirh but it seems like the console users do prefer that. Which i never did, having been a console user for 11 years until this I've always disliked all the career and grind stuff.
    MSI X99 Gaming 7, 16GB Hyper-X XMP Predator EVGA SC ACX 2 980Ti 1252/1446 boost ram 7776Ghz 64deg max, I7 5820K running at 4.6Ghz 60deg max, Corsair RM850, Thrustmaster T500RS and F1/T28 leather rim, Windows 8.1, Rift dk2, gt omega rs6 pro, 1080p triples bezel corrected to 6080*1080, Game settings at max except in-game AA, Nvidia inspector/maxwell AA on/transparency on/32*CSAA/8*SGSS/FXAA on, sim vibe chassis/4*Reckhorn 200s 200 watt Onkyo Amp.

Platform
    PS4
    I can confirm that Project Cars is not impossible with a controller, it take a little change to settings (mode 2) and a little bit of practice....

I did this last night with the controller

The following 5 users likes this Post: madmax2069, Oi Oi JC, Pink_650S, Roger Prynne, Shogun613

Platform
    PC
    I love the career mode on PC.
    Horses for courses, but I think it's a great feature of the game. Not having it would reduce pCARS appeal hugely IMO.
    i5 2500k @ 4.5 GHz | Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 | MSI GTX970 TF V OC 4GB | 8 gig ram | Win7 Home 64bit | BenQ 27" 1080p | T500RS wheel & pedals | DIY 'H' & sequential shifters via Bodnar BU0836 | Symprojects DLC-247 controlled gauges | Buttonbox via Bodnar BU0836X

“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” - Aldous Huxley
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Lukas Macedo, TrevorAustin

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MysterG View Post
    I love the career mode on PC.
    Horses for courses, but I think it's a great feature of the game. Not having it would reduce pCARS appeal hugely IMO.
    Yes, i get that. Just diluted development effort, made tge game soooooo big. But i would guess 3-6 months and the problems will be all gone. I'm still spending time with 2 cars and 2 tracks. Barely touched the surface
    MSI X99 Gaming 7, 16GB Hyper-X XMP Predator EVGA SC ACX 2 980Ti 1252/1446 boost ram 7776Ghz 64deg max, I7 5820K running at 4.6Ghz 60deg max, Corsair RM850, Thrustmaster T500RS and F1/T28 leather rim, Windows 8.1, Rift dk2, gt omega rs6 pro, 1080p triples bezel corrected to 6080*1080, Game settings at max except in-game AA, Nvidia inspector/maxwell AA on/transparency on/32*CSAA/8*SGSS/FXAA on, sim vibe chassis/4*Reckhorn 200s 200 watt Onkyo Amp.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Brocass View Post
    Spot on? It read to me like a hate blog from an Assetto Corsa fanboy.
    Funny, he didnt mention assetto corsa once. And it is spot on, he hilighted main issues with the game from his experiance with it and i would agree with most of those.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by gibon85 View Post
    Funny, he didnt mention assetto corsa once. And it is spot on, he hilighted main issues with the game from his experiance with it and i would agree with most of those.
    Well he did, but only once as far as I can see.
    Not a very well written review though IMO.
    i5 2500k @ 4.5 GHz | Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 | MSI GTX970 TF V OC 4GB | 8 gig ram | Win7 Home 64bit | BenQ 27" 1080p | T500RS wheel & pedals | DIY 'H' & sequential shifters via Bodnar BU0836 | Symprojects DLC-247 controlled gauges | Buttonbox via Bodnar BU0836X

“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” - Aldous Huxley

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Bouyo View Post
    Just read this review and think it's spot on: http://www.pcworld.com/article/29256...oo-casual.html

I love Project Cars and have been playing TOO much of it on my T300rs but I can't help but agree with the comments about it being impossible to play properly with a controller, and the lack of any tutorials what-so-ever wrt setting up your car and wrt FFB sliders is a real shame.

Like I said; I can't get enough of this game, but I also can't help but agree with the comments in the review. Can more explanatory text be included for all of the games sliders in the upcoming patch?
    I have no problem playing with a controller on PS4, xbone on the other hand........looking forward to the patch for that!

WMD Member
    Platform
    PS4
    I guess I liked the review because it was coming from someone who is not 'into' racing games but enjoys them casually, and he was being perfectly honest about his experience in finding the game hard to get into.

From what I understood PCars was supposed to be a highly accessible, yet very realistic racing game. It's realistic for sure, but it could be so so much more accessible than it is. Why does every controller (and wheel) player have to spend session upon session just dialing in the controls to make the game simply playable? I'm not talking about fine tuning, I'm talking about simple out-of-the-box playability.

Personally I love the myriad number of options available, however I think that without decent text explaining them or even interactive tutorials/videos in-game, people of all walks of life cannot and will not take the time to enjoy this game. It's a shame and I hope it can be improved.