Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Stop quitting!

Platform
    PC

Angry Stop quitting!

How fun is it when everyone at the last place quit the race? Not fun at all! Please stop with this idiotic behavior. If you can't handle the fact that someone has to take last place, and that someone can be you, then don't race!

I just did a 20 lap race at Spa, ended up at 2 place. I was also last in that race because every one behind me quit! So please can we agree that if we take part in a race then we stay to the bitter end, no matter if we are last or first.

Just had to get this of my chest...it feels better now thank you!
    Windows 8.1 - Intel i5-4460 3.2GHz - 8GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX970 - Logitech G27

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by LCJ View Post
    How fun is it when everyone at the last place quit the race? Not fun at all! Please stop with this idiotic behavior. If you can't handle the fact that someone has to take last place, and that someone can be you, then don't race!

I just did a 20 lap race at Spa, ended up at 2 place. I was also last in that race because every one behind me quit! So please can we agree that if we take part in a race then we stay to the bitter end, no matter if we are last or first.
    Just had to get this of my chest...it feels better now thank you!
    Dream on, until there's a sufficiently severe punishment for leaving the race early, OR reward for staying, i'm afraid this will always be the case on public servers, only way around it is to race with people you know.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    There should be a punishment for mid-race quitting, but i dont know what atm.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: dominiczeth, jason, RedDave84, Snotter

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    I think they should implement a credit system. For every clean round you become maybe 1 credit and can spend it in helmet design or small liveries....but i mean no NFS style or similar game, only small things.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Probably better they leave then get in the way when you're lapping them and spoil your race!

I've been wiped out too many times by back markers who wont let you lap them.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: fukthalotovya, Motorhead Racer

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    It is really annoying when people quit - I often come last or near the back, but enjoy the racing just as much.

Yes, I have tried to lap people and noticed them making it hard work to pass (or trying to knock you off as you pass). Similarly, in qualifying I often get people coming out of the pits and either coming out straight in front of me or blocking my way/"racing" when they're not even on a timed lap and often struggling with cold tyres.

One thing to note though - I've been disconnected mid-race a few times, so sometimes it might not be them actually quitting. The game is being ruined though by people who are obviously better suited to Need for Speed or whatever.

Umer Ahmad
    Swe need go find one of these quitters and ask him, "why do you quit?" and just listen

Good luck with that ! It was the same during testing believe it or not. Devs trying to get a handle on multiplayer and babies quitting as soon as they spin out or lose a place. Will never change
    CPU|Intel i5 2500k @ 4.4ghz Mobo|AsRock P67 Extreme4 Gen 3 GRAPHICS|MSI 6950 Twin Frozr II RAM|8GB Corsair XMS DDR3 1600mhz PSU|Coolermaster 700W Silent Gold Audio|onboard Cooling|Corsair A50

Superkart Pilot Motorhead Racer's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    I always stick at it, if nothing else I can treat it like a practice session..

I think one thing that would help a little is if at the end of the race it showed everyones fastest laps of the race, that way if you finish last you can still have some pride in the fact that you should of been higher up due to your pace
    The following 8 users likes this Post: DoubleVV, fukthalotovya, gookiecrunch, Gordon, Kart14, NeonFlux, Phishfinger, spencerrg

Platform
    PC
    another solution is that when someone quits , then his car can be an Ai car..... ??
    The following 7 users likes this Post: Abigor, Gordon, Kart14, meck2, SmokeGreeen, stux, townnet