Page 2 of 129 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Project BIKES

Platform
    PS4
    If you have an old ps2 try the old tt superbikes games the handling on that was spot on I still play it sometimes brought an old ps2 just so I could
    The following 2 users likes this Post: NVI0U5, Phishfinger

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by wraithsrike View Post
    I've ridden bike's for many years, my own was an R1 for a few years, but I can't get on with bike ingame physics at all.

Bikes in games just do not feel right.
    I know what u mean, last bike game I played was SBK it was ok but not no what I experienced in real life tho, I just wanna set up my bike ingame see how it goes instead of spending track time making adjustments to my bike lol
    Internet ----Router----XboxOne----HDTV

Platform
    XBOX1
    Just cant help myself

Internet ----Router----XboxOne----HDTV

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by wraithsrike View Post
    I've ridden bike's for many years, my own was an R1 for a few years, but I can't get on with bike ingame physics at all.

Bikes in games just do not feel right.
    Ive jus tried the ride demo, full onboard helmet cam no assist, game has potential but no where near ready for release imho, sound a bit flat, n graphics seem a bit xb360-ish, bike feels like theres no weight to it and theres no IOM curcuit, not a game worth the price ill prob wait till its available preowned.

Hopefully Ride 2 or 3 will be better.
    Last edited by RetroNooB; 24-05-2015 at 12:47.

Superkart Pilot girlracerTracey's Avatar
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by spides View Post
    as a rider myself, it's hard to simulate the bike physics and get the full package on a game, there already is a decent motorbike game 'RIDE' and I'm guessing that's the closest it'll get.
    No disrespect but RIDE by Milestone is many things to many ppl but one thing it isn't is a "decent" motorcycle simulation. I have RIDE on PS4 and it is an arcade game. It is not an accurate simulation by any stretch of the imagination. The game is a typical Milestone "ship & forget" title and is full of serious bugs & glitches. On xbox one (I previously owned the xbox one version) RIDE is a broken game imo. It suffers from an appallingly unstable frame-rate and terminal online lag. So a sorry state of affairs all in all tbh.

Put simply RIDE doesn't hold a candle to Project Cars in terms of its physics model, depth of the game, track selection or its gameplay. On the fantasy road tracks in the game you can "wall-ride" against the barriers and fences without crashing..which for me says it all. The other m/c title is of course motogp14 which also has a demo I believe. Myself and many others have league raced this to death over the last 12 months..again it does not begin to compare to Project Cars in terms of its physics model or gameplay. We have glitched leaderboards, poor collision dynamics and serious gearing glitches when loading bike set-ups. To top it all Milestone offer zero post release game support. Oh and the pc version of the game has serious instability issues online..

All in all it is a very frustrating state of affairs for 2 wheel racers at the present time on consoles and pc.

So yes of course the genre is crying out for a decent developer to design and publish a bike simulation.

Goat simulator has already been done by the way..you can download a demo of "Goat Simulator" from the xbox marketplace!

It is not true to say that it is impossible to simulate realistic and challenging bike racing physics. It has already been done in the past with the gp500 simulation game on pc and with Milestone's own pc title SBK2001, back in the days when developers produced good quality m/c racing games. But the genre imo needs to be brought up to date by a quality developer. In fact the genre is crying out for this to be done.

At the end of the day all areas of motorsport deserve to have a quality video game simulation. Trucks, bikes, cars, rally cars..all of them. Motorsport and motorcycling imo deserves nothing less in this day & age.

grT
    Last edited by girlracerTracey; 24-05-2015 at 12:53.
    T80 Racing wheel with marigold rubber gloves for improved grip! Lidl plastic garden chair & beige seat cover. Custom made bicardi & coke drinks holder. Thrustmaster GPX "Lightback" via CronusMax. Gamer-tag girlracerTracey (xbox) and girlracerTraceyx (PS4). Motogp league racer who enjoys racing on 4 wheels now and again.. YouTube channel: girlracerTracey. Favourite saying & motto: "Give it the Berries!"
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Mad Al, NVI0U5, RetroNooB

Superkart Pilot LADY GEMMA JANE's Avatar
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I keep falling off my bike on RIDE, maybe not the games fault
    XBOX GAMERTAG - LADY GEMMA JANE
    The following 2 users likes this Post: girlracerTracey, Mad Al

Superkart Pilot girlracerTracey's Avatar
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by LADY GEMMA JANE View Post
    I keep falling off my bike on RIDE, maybe not the games fault
    lol. I sometimes feel the same way about trying to race a car I assure you!

Joking apart it takes a different technique entirely to race a bike in a simulation game. It's not an easy transition for many car racers..in real life or in simulation. It's not easy to do it the other way either.. But it's fun trying I think.

grT
    Last edited by girlracerTracey; 24-05-2015 at 13:13.
    T80 Racing wheel with marigold rubber gloves for improved grip! Lidl plastic garden chair & beige seat cover. Custom made bicardi & coke drinks holder. Thrustmaster GPX "Lightback" via CronusMax. Gamer-tag girlracerTracey (xbox) and girlracerTraceyx (PS4). Motogp league racer who enjoys racing on 4 wheels now and again.. YouTube channel: girlracerTracey. Favourite saying & motto: "Give it the Berries!"
    The following 2 users likes this Post: LADY GEMMA JANE, Mad Al

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Maybe add bikes on this as Dlc. Test the water
    The following 3 users likes this Post: AB_Attack, NVI0U5, RetroNooB

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by girlracerTracey View Post
    lol. I sometimes feel the same way about trying to race a car I assure you!

Joking apart it takes a decent technique entirely to race a bike in a simulation game. It's not an easy transition for many car racers..in real life or in simulation. It's not easy to do it the other way either.. But it's fun trying I think.

grT
    I think 1 of the biggest difficulties in creating a bike sim is the combination of bike and rider weight, and being able to simulate the balance of both, especially in the corners where the rider shifts his/her weight to lean the bike left and right, atm Ride feels like the bike and rider are weightless giving the gameplay more of a Wipeout feel
    The following user likes this Post: LADY GEMMA JANE

Platform
    PS4
    Great idea for expansion pack.