Page 3 of 129 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Project BIKES

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by RetroNooB View Post
    I think 1 of the biggest difficulties in creating a bike sim is the combination of bike and rider weight, and being able to simulate the balance of both, especially in the corners where the rider shifts his/her weight to lean the bike left and right, atm Ride feels like the bike and rider are weightless giving the gameplay more of a Wipeout feel
    Well if anyone can do it I think SMS could, look at the telemetry on the cars a bike is half that, put the other telementry half on rider, for lean angles, weight shifting, knee down, braking posture etc
    Internet ----Router----XboxOne----HDTV
    The following user likes this Post: RetroNooB

Platform
    PC
    Problem is there is no decent controller option, realistically the only decent option is a game pad, then you loose FFB.
    System - i7 2600k @4.4 GHz | Asus Z68 Deluxe | 16 GB G.Skill DDR3 @ 2133 | MSI GTX 980 ti | 2x Samsung 500GB SSD | Samsung 1 TB 7.2k | Seagate 2TB Barracuda 7.2k | 1TB WD Green | 2 TB WD green | LG 23' 1920x 1080 LED LCD | Panasonic 42" 100Hz 1080p TV | Logitech Driving Force EX Wheel | Logitech G27 | Corsair K60 | Samsung Note 10.1 2014 Ed + Dashmeter Pro AC/Pcars | MS 360 controller

Superkart Pilot girlracerTracey's Avatar
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaospunx View Post
    If you have an old ps2 try the old tt superbikes games the handling on that was spot on I still play it sometimes brought an old ps2 just so I could
    Whilst we wait for Ian Bell to do a bike sim I agree the best we can do for the IOM TT course is enjoy the old games. TT superbikes was great fun. The other alternative at present, although it is not the full length course, is the IOM TT Highlights track or Dundrod on the now "ancient" gp500 game on pc. But it's a very old game now. One advantage with this option is that you can still race it online which adds to the fun..

Just imagine what an up to date IOM TT game would be like though..now that would be something to get your teeth into I think. If that's the right expression?

It's been a long wait to the successor to TT Superbikes that is for sure.

grT
    T80 Racing wheel with marigold rubber gloves for improved grip! Lidl plastic garden chair & beige seat cover. Custom made bicardi & coke drinks holder. Thrustmaster GPX "Lightback" via CronusMax. Gamer-tag girlracerTracey (xbox) and girlracerTraceyx (PS4). Motogp league racer who enjoys racing on 4 wheels now and again.. YouTube channel: girlracerTracey. Favourite saying & motto: "Give it the Berries!"
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Mad Al, NVI0U5, RetroNooB

Platform
    PS4
    I think 1 of the biggest difficulties in creating a bike sim is the combination of bike and rider weight, and being able to simulate the balance of both, especially in the corners where the rider shifts his/her weight to lean the bike left and right, atm Ride feels like the bike and rider are weightless giving the gameplay more of a Wipeout feel

Ride is awful I downloaded the demo on ps4 but bizarrely I find motogp 14 really good which is also made by milestone and have some great online races on that any all the online idiots have now got bored of it so you nearly always get clean fair and respectful racing.
    But I haven't even touched it since project cars came out I've still not ventured online yet though but I'm really enjoying the formula b car at the moment and just been playing the UK tracks

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by NVI0U5 View Post
    Well if anyone can do it I think SMS could, look at the telemetry on the cars a bike is half that, put the other telementry half on rider, for lean angles, weight shifting, knee down, braking posture etc
    What would be good would be if a firm like Logitech for example were to produce a control peripheral, like sega manx TT in the arcade, that the user could sit on like a bike, but a rig like this would be pricey i guess.

Maybe SMS could rerelease Pcars with bikes instead to the WMD community as a beta and see what they can produce, as they have managed to create a car sim of epic proportion already
    Last edited by RetroNooB; 24-05-2015 at 13:45.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Gordon, NVI0U5

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by girlracerTracey View Post
    Whilst we wait for Ian Bell to do a bike sim I agree the best we can do for the IOM TT course is enjoy the old games. TT superbikes was great fun. The other alternative at present, although it is not the full length course, is the IOM TT Highlights track or Dundrod on the now "ancient" gp500 game on pc. But it's a very old game now. One advantage with this option is that you can still race it online which adds to the fun..

Just imagine what an up to date IOM TT game would be like though..now that would be something to get your teeth into I think. If that's the right expression?

It's been a long wait to the successor to TT Superbikes that is for sure.

grT
    Even a port of the old ps2 game with improved graphics and online added would be awesome i played a bit of gp500 but I've never had a pc powerful enough to properly enjoy pc gaming so have stuck to consoles

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaospunx View Post
    Ride is awful I downloaded the demo on ps4 but bizarrely I find motogp 14 really good which is also made by milestone and have some great online races on that any all the online idiots have now got bored of it so you nearly always get clean fair and respectful racing.
    But I haven't even touched it since project cars came out I've still not ventured online yet though but I'm really enjoying the formula b car at the moment and just been playing the UK tracks
    The thing with Motogp series for me was that it only contained Motogp content just track racing, apart from (forgive if inacurate) i thinki t was either 06 or 08 had a road layout called "Shires" that was based on IOM TT circuit,

Platform
    PC
    Moved to Off Topic
    i5 2500k @ 4.5 GHz | Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 | MSI GTX970 TF V OC 4GB | 8 gig ram | Win7 Home 64bit | BenQ 27" 1080p | T500RS wheel & pedals | DIY 'H' & sequential shifters via Bodnar BU0836 | Symprojects DLC-247 controlled gauges | Buttonbox via Bodnar BU0836X

“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” - Aldous Huxley
    The following user likes this Post: LADY GEMMA JANE

Platform
    PS4
    The thing with Motogp series for me was that it only contained Motogp content just track racing, apart from (forgive if inacurate) i thinki t was either 06 or 08 had a road layout called "Shires" that was based on IOM TT circuit,
    Not sure I gave up on the motogp games they went really arcade like but I tried the demo for 2014 version and it had improved massively so I brought it

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    RIDE is pretty descent and got all the licenses (although more real world tracks are missing badly).

But beware of BUGS... can't run "full screen" even two month after release :P

And don't let me even start about MotoGP14...