Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: PCARS Time Trial video thread

Platform
    PC
    Just before Project CARS 2 is coming out, I uploaded a series of Hot Laps where I drove a GT3 car on a kart track. I drove all 5 kart tracks (without the smaller variations of the 5). Here the videos:

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Took some time to figure out what the 1st place had done.
    The following user likes this Post: Konan

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Hey, I see what you mean! A little bit of cleaning up before you play is never a bad thing!
    Just tried it myself, it saved me at least one second in the first sector with the RUF, although I can't say I am really excited about it this way..Thanks nevertheless!

Btw, I noticed you're getting tire temps of 120 or so with pressures over 2.20 psi, may I ask how you manage that, with such high pressures? Is it just driving, or also due to the setup?

ps. Fantastic time of course!
    The following user likes this Post: 0DIABLO0

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I think that part of the track layout(Sector 1) can cause the temps to rise by alot, you probably see me spinning the wheels sometimes. They eventually lower when you get to the uphill part and so on. Another factor might be that I have moved the centre of gravity more towards the front.

Yeah I agree, but it had to be done. I figured it out after some 20-30 tries
    I made a short video of some of the mistakes I made and at which attempt I was on. I think I got the record somwhere between 110-120.
    This defintely requires some patience.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Oh yeah, A LOT of patience! I only managed a 6.41 with the M3 and that after a million attempts..

In sector 3 I was very cautious so my time would not get invalidated again, but also in sectors 1 & 2 I am behind 4 seconds and I am scratching my head where I'm losing that much. Any chance you will do also the separate stages TT, so I can follow your ghost and find out? Thanks in advance if you do that!

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I agree sector 3 is the worst, I was 1 sec behind the former recordholder when I got the record. I actually did sector 3 separately since I was so slow compared to the guy who had the record, so I had to practice it alot.
    Yeah I might do stage 1, if I dont fail too much on the first corner.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Thanks a million, it helps a lot being able to follow a faster guy in order to improve!

I've closed the gap to 3 tenths, now I "only" need to figure out how to go faster in the twisty section..