Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Can the Wii U run PCARS?

Hybrid View

Platform
    PC

Can the Wii U run PCARS?

Edit: This was originally the project cars sales thread, but as we're more than 10 pages further with off topic discussions about the Wii U i have decided to just rename the thread.
    Apparently it seems the Wii U is not up to the task of running PCARS without downgrading the game a lot. PCARS was originally mentioned to be released for the Wii U, so this is the thread where people can talk about whether or not it is a good decision to cancel it, and see what Nintendo is bringing out as their next console, or if you would have preferred a downgraded version of the game on the Wii U after all.

Cheers!
    Last edited by mister dog; 26-05-2015 at 14:24.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: flyoffacliff, Pogi

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by mister dog View Post
    I've heard through the grapevine that we are approaching 1 million after 2 weeks? If yes then we are on the way to compete with the big players
    Videogame sales are a bit hard to track globally, as the only site trying to publish numbers independently is Vgchartz and they don't take into account digital sales. So it would be nice if SMS could share the figures with us regularly so we have an idea of the success of Project Cars, and how big the userbase on each platform is growing?

Or am i being cheeky for asking?
    I can't give specifics, but I'll say just this.

We sold multiple millions of copies of Shift 2 while VGCharts were showing 180k sales. Ignore it is my advice.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Bell View Post
    We sold multiple millions of copies of Shift 2 while VGCharts were showing 180k sales. Ignore it is my advice.
    I wonder where they get their numbers from then

Any chance of figures being published in the future? Quite curious to know how big the franchise will become over time, and if it can compete with first party developers like PD or T10.

Platform
    PC

Any chance of figures being published in the future? Quite curious to know how big the franchise will become over time, and if it can compete with first party developers like PD or T10.

I'm not sure, but I could do better with toothpicks and a basket.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Alan Dallas, bmanic, booboo640, HBR-Roadhog

Platform
    PS4

They are competing and competing well
    PS4
    Apologies Grammar not so great, building skills first class

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1

Tbh from a players perspective, this game smashes the competition in terms of gameplay/fresh challenges (even with launch issues) wether or not it competes in the unit sales leagues is a developer/shareholder intrest.

Only question i really want answered is wether or not we will ever get to drive the Mclaren MP4/4? as I want to atempt to recreate Lap of Life at Donington(possibly make this a trophy/achievement?)

please put me out of my misery Mr Bell Sir

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by RetroNooB View Post
    Tbh from a players perspective, this game smashes the competition in terms of gameplay/fresh challenges (even with launch issues) wether or not it competes in the unit sales leagues is a developer/shareholder intrest.
    Well PCARS really is the best racing game from a sim perspective and introduces a fresh concept, so it would be nice to see how it fairs in a market dominated by popular simcade/car collecting games like GT and Forza. Sales are important to increase resources which you can then use for licensing, new materials and people, advertising... I'm sure PCARS 2 will reach the necessary budget through WMD again as its now more popular than ever, but you can never have enough money and i figure the lads @ SMS will agree
    The following user likes this Post: RetroNooB

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    It would be interesting to have an idea of the sales figures v complaints ratio... Which I suspect is actually pretty tiny and would be a good indicator as to how consumers are really viewing the game.

I imagine the majority are both silent and very happy with how things are going...

I think the same is true with a lot of products.. E.g. The Thrustmaster TX, where if you believed all of the comments you read it was a great product but horrendously unreliable... Half true anyway! Like Project Cars it is a GREAT product!
    The following user likes this Post: John Hargreaves

WMD Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Bell View Post
    I can't give specifics, but I'll say just this.

Shift-series was awesome. I got them both on release, and those games were mostly the reason i got so excited about Project Cars in the first place.

Too bad WiiU doesn't have the power...but consider that as a challenge! Old-school coders can do miracles with weak hardware so just recruit a bunch of some old-school hardcore coders and in no time the WiiU version will reach 60fps@1080p!!! Ok, i was being little sarcastic there
    My gamepad settings: http://forum.wmdportal.com/showthrea...l=1#post755070

My Computer: CPU: Intel i7 4770K @ 4,2ghz, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z87, GPU: MSI GTX 780 Lightning, Memory: 8GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3, Soundcard: Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium HD,OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit, Display: Benq 2420T, Hard Drives: Samsung 120gb 840 Pro series SSD, Kingston Fury 120gb SSD, Western Digital Black 1TB, Western Digital 640GB, Peripherals: Roccat Isku FX keyboard, Roccat Hiro Mousepad, Mad Catz R.A.T. Tournament Edition mouse, Roccat Apuri, 2 Rambo figurines.
    The following user likes this Post: Robbo-92

Quote Originally Posted by Juho Turunen View Post
    Shift-series was awesome. I got them both on release, and those games were mostly the reason i got so excited about Project Cars in the first place.

Too bad WiiU doesn't have the power...but consider that as a challenge! Old-school coders can do miracles with weak hardware so just recruit a bunch of some old-school hardcore coders and in no time the WiiU version will reach 60fps@1080p!!! Ok, i was being little sarcastic there
    I like your attitude! For a game like Project CARS I would be delighted if all of the physics/weather engines could be there on Wii U and the game run at 720p/30fps.
    Eagerly awaiting the Nintendo Switch (formorly known as the NX) version of Project CARS 2!