Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Can the Wii U run PCARS?

Platform
    PC
    Can the wii-u even run pole position at 60fps?

Platform
    PC
    Yes Ian thank you for the kind responses. Keep us well posted in the future.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Ian Bell, Robbo-92

Platform
    PS4
    Thank you, Ian, for opening up. It's a relief to have clarification on what you guys have been up to on Wii U. On the subject of NX, like Robbo-92 said, Nintendo has stated there will be no hardware announcement this year. Just to guess, I wouldn't expect a new console until 2017...

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Bell View Post
    Honestly, unless we really cut the looks back I think we're looking to Nintendo's next console. 720p yes.
    I can't speak for all Nintendo fans, but it's kind of implicit that those of us on Wii U aren't fussed about the best possible graphics. If something has to give, I think it would be more of a shame if gameplay features were cut back for the sake of graphics details, rather than the other way around. Nevertheless, if you guys give it a shot, you'll have my support even if you can't quite meet feature parity with the other versions (eg. number of cars in a race).

I would be more than happy enough if the Wii U version looked about the same as Shift 2 Unleashed on Xbox 360 or PS3, considering everything that's going on under the hood (weather, physics, etc.). S2U is hardly an unattractive game, then or now. There would be backlash, but Nintendo's detractors will have a field day with it no matter how good it looks, won't they? The Wii U is a popular punching bag.

Thank you again for the update. I apologize if I come across as presumptuous in offering my perspective on the dilemma.
    The following 7 users likes this Post: AshenShugar, Darth Praxis, Freed Games, Ian Bell, John Hargreaves, Robbo-92, Sankyo

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe View Post
    Thank you, Ian, for opening up. It's a relief to have clarification on what you guys have been up to on Wii U. On the subject of NX, like Robbo-92 said, Nintendo has stated there will be no hardware announcement this year. Just to guess, I wouldn't expect a new console until 2017...

I can't speak for all Nintendo fans, but it's kind of implicit that those of us on Wii U aren't fussed about the best possible graphics. If something has to give, I think it would be more of a shame if gameplay features were cut back for the sake of graphics details, rather than the other way around. Nevertheless, if you guys give it a shot, you'll have my support even if you can't quite meet feature parity with the other versions (eg. number of cars in a race).

I would be more than happy enough if the Wii U version looked about the same as Shift 2 Unleashed on Xbox 360 or PS3, considering everything that's going on under the hood (weather, physics, etc.). There would be backlash, but Nintendo's detractors will have a field day with it no matter how good it looks, won't they? The Wii U is a popular punching bag.

Thank you again for the update. I apologize if I come across as presumptuous in offering my perspective on the dilemma.
    Thanks Wolfe, nice post.

We could reach a fairly solid 30FPS but it might take a hell of a lot of work. On the other hand, about halfway through us finishing, Nintendo might announce a new console (I have zero knowledge on this BTW but I've heard 'rumours'). Our work might just be the best thing that ever hit that new console in the driving sim genre.

So we're playing a waiting game at the moment and yes, economics do come in to it.
    The following 8 users likes this Post: Aldo Zampatti, bmanic, GenBrien, MysterG, Robbo-92, Wolfe, zapan

Platform
    PS4
    Thanks Wolfe, nice post.

We could reach a fairly solid 30FPS but it might take a hell of a lot of work. On the other hand, about halfway through us finishing, Nintendo might announce a new console (I have zero knowledge on this BTW but I've heard 'rumours'). Our work might just be the best thing that ever hit that new console in the driving sim genre.

So we're playing a waiting game at the moment and yes, economics do come in to it.
    That's understandable. I see the logic of it, and I appreciate the insight.

Chances are I'll be sticking with Nintendo next time around, so I'll be on board either way. Not just for a lack of alternatives, but because I think Polyphony Digital and Turn 10 could learn a thing or two from PCARS, and their games were the reasons I bought a Playstation 2 and Xbox 360.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Ian Bell, Robbo-92

I'll certainly be sticking with Nintendo, always have and always will! The racing simulation genre is one genre that has been rather unrepresented on Nintendo platforms and that's why I was ecstatic when you announced you would be bringing Project CARS to the Wii U. Honestly I won't lie, I'll be disappointed if Project CARS doesn't release on Wii U but that's the nature of the gaming industry, we can't have everything no matter how much we would like to

I fully understand where you are coming from though Ian regarding cost and reward of getting the game to run solidly on the Wii U, it's a complete guessing game at the minute regarding how Nintendo will play the next generation of consoles. On the one hand they could try and undercut Sony and Microsoft again but come out with a less powerful console or they could do the opposite, wait for Sony/Microsoft to announce their next console and then better it to try and secure more third party games.

If you support the next Nintendo console, you have my support already
    Eagerly awaiting the Nintendo Switch (formorly known as the NX) version of Project CARS 2!
    The following user likes this Post: Robhd

Platform
    PS4
    OK I'll come clean. At the moment we're running at about 23FPS on the WiiU...
    As Ready At Dawn would say "To create a filmic look."
    Sorry, couldnt resist
    1996: Super Nintendo l 1998: Nintendo 64 l 1999: PlayStation l 2001: PlayStation 2 l 2007: PlayStation 3 l 2011: Nintendo 3DS l 2014: PlayStation 4
    Add me on PSN for clean racing: PiinK_eMo_GiiRL
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Robbo-92, Wolfe, yusupov

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Don't read wrongly into that...

OK I'll come clean. At the moment we're running at about 23FPS on the WiiU.

We're awaiting/hoping for more of a hardware announcement at E3...
    Iwata announces the NX as the next Nintendo hardware. He then confirmed that the NX won't be properly announced before 2016, which mean at the best the NX will be launched at the end of 2016, more likely in 2017.
    And the thing is, the NX is probably a new handheld, so the successor of 3DS, more than a console - a successor of the Wii U who is still young.

About sales numbers, Bandai Namco usually releases numbers for their best-selling games in their fiscal reports. Project CARS will probably be in the next one.

Platform
    PC
    Not everybody is fan of cars.
    The following user likes this Post: flyoffacliff

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by gp20 View Post
    Not everybody is fan of cars.
    Then why are you here?
    1996: Super Nintendo l 1998: Nintendo 64 l 1999: PlayStation l 2001: PlayStation 2 l 2007: PlayStation 3 l 2011: Nintendo 3DS l 2014: PlayStation 4
    Add me on PSN for clean racing: PiinK_eMo_GiiRL
    The following 2 users likes this Post: acespizee, JessicaWalter